smoking in restaurant patios

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 04-07-2019, 07:05 PM

Default smoking in restaurant patios

We just moved to The Villages and love it here...the weather is wonderful and we love eating outside and enjoying the fresh air...UNTIL we smell SMOKE.... How is it possible that the restaurants don't have a non-smoking section in their outdoor eating area? Most states have a law against smoking in restaurants. Isn't the outside patio/eating area part of the restaurant?

Old 04-07-2019, 07:55 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctreick View Post
We just moved to The Villages and love it here...the weather is wonderful and we love eating outside and enjoying the fresh air...UNTIL we smell SMOKE.... How is it possible that the restaurants don't have a non-smoking section in their outdoor eating area? Most states have a law against smoking in restaurants. Isn't the outside patio/eating area part of the restaurant?
I don't have an answer to that, but I will say that people walking past the outdoor area, on the sidewalk, are not prohibited from smoking. So, if you didn't actually notice anyone inside the patio area smoking, it might just be someone outside it, walking by (or loitering near).
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2019, 07:59 PM

definitely smoking inside the patio area!
Old 04-07-2019, 08:15 PM

wait till you have someone feeding their dog next to where your eating, really sick
Old 04-07-2019, 09:50 PM
Sage

The area where I lived up north banned smoking at outdoor venues that served food. Any seat that was vacated by smokers that stopped going was quickly taken up by people who wouldn't go there because of the smoke. The same would happen here. It's about time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2019, 09:56 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
The area where I lived up north banned smoking at outdoor venues that served food. Any seat that was vacated by smokers that stopped going was quickly taken up by people who wouldn't go there because of the smoke. The same would happen here. It's about time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I'm an ex-smoker. I'd definitely not enjoy sitting outside at a restaurant patio while someone is blowing smoke near me. I never enjoyed that even when I was a smoker! But now I'm more sensitive to it.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:31 PM
Veteran member

I am more bothered by the overuse of perfume. It seems wherever I go, shopping,eating out, grocery store etc.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:50 AM

The restaurant/bars here need alcohol sales to meet profit goals. Many heavy drinkers would not sit and buy drinks for hours without a smoke. I can gag through a cigarette, but as I live and breath, (no pun intended), I cannot comprehend where the mind of anyone can be that fires up a cigar. Cigars are nasty and offensive.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:08 AM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
The restaurant/bars here need alcohol sales to meet profit goals. Many heavy drinkers would not sit and buy drinks for hours without a smoke. I can gag through a cigarette, but as I live and breath, (no pun intended), I cannot comprehend where the mind of anyone can be that fires up a cigar. Cigars are nasty and offensive.

There are all types.............I can't stand cigarette smoke, but I enjoy the smell of pipes and cigars.

Old 04-08-2019, 06:57 AM

Ask a simple question and get a ton of unrelated tales of woe...ask the restaurant manager...having a non smoking outside section won't help if the wind is coming from the wrong direction...

Tags
love, restaurants, smoking, area, restaurant