smoking in restaurant patios

Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2019, 05:03 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,314 Times in 383 Posts

Complaining about smoke smell....wake up early when your sprinklers come on and smell that putrid water.

Enough already about smells...i hate perfume...but its not PC to complain about that.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Complaining about smoke smell....wake up early when your sprinklers come on and smell that putrid water.

Enough already about smells...i hate perfume...but its not PC to complain about that.
Check out the title of the thread.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2019, 08:38 AM
Sage

When I was in the navy, our captain put masking tape all over the boat on the painted bulkheads, then we dove for a 74 day patrol, when we went off alert and started transiting to our home port he had the masking tape removed--, it was white where the tape was, while the rest of the surroundings were a nice shade of nicotine stain-the boat received a new coat of fresh paint , before it was turned over to the blue crew--you can't paint your lungs
Old 08-11-2019, 11:35 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,595 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
When I was in the navy, our captain put masking tape all over the boat on the painted bulkheads, then we dove for a 74 day patrol, when we went off alert and started transiting to our home port he had the masking tape removed--, it was white where the tape was, while the rest of the surroundings were a nice shade of nicotine stain-the boat received a new coat of fresh paint , before it was turned over to the blue crew--you can't paint your lungs
Wow! This reminds me that when I was a child I sometimes rode in cars of friends' parents who smoked. I noticed there was almost always a gooey residue coating the inside of their windshields. Sometimes it was so thick and obvious I could write in it with a finger tip like on a dusty table top. When I asked my father about it he explained the coating constituted tars from their cigarette smoke which built up over time.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-12-2019, 12:44 PM
Location: Born and raised NYC raised the family on Long island, Now living the life

Non smoker here. That being said, smoking is still a legal activity. Freedom of choice is still available. If it offends you, as it does to many, choose another establishment. There are many non smoking on patio places to patronize. The places that choose to allow smoking outside, still have that right in Florida.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydee View Post
I am more bothered by the overuse of perfume. It seems wherever I go, shopping,eating out, grocery store etc.
I don't get all the perfume/cologne/after shave...in the middle of the day, in movie theaters (have to move to get away from it), on the golf courses, everywhere? It's not only offensive, but many people are allergic to it. It's not exactly prom night everyday, all day!
Closed Thread

Tags
love, restaurants, smoking, area, restaurant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.