Special occasion restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2015, 05:21 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I think a "special occasion" place could make it in TV or close to TV. It would have to be a small intimate place with maybe seating for under 50. Be a white table cloth place with a top chef with waiters in tux and a dozen different specials every night. I live in Northern VA just outside of DC and there are a hundred places like that and they are all packed every night. Most are around $100 per person with wine and tip.

At least one place like that could make it in the Villages. If we celebrate something now, we go to Bern's or the Floridian in Orlando. Capital Grill is good also. Mark's Prime is good, not great. Instead of getting a hotel for Bern's, the last time we went with another couple, we hired Ron's Lemo service. I think it was $125 plus tip and he drove us down, waited and drove us back. Cheaper then two hotel rooms and we could enjoy their wine list.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
I think a "special occasion" place could make it in TV or close to TV. It would have to be a small intimate place with maybe seating for under 50. Be a white table cloth place with a top chef with waiters in tux and a dozen different specials every night. I live in Northern VA just outside of DC and there are a hundred places like that and they are all packed every night. Most are around $100 per person with wine and tip.

At least one place like that could make it in the Villages. If we celebrate something now, we go to Bern's or the Floridian in Orlando. Capital Grill is good also. Mark's Prime is good, not great. Instead of getting a hotel for Bern's, the last time we went with another couple, we hired Ron's Lemo service. I think it was $125 plus tip and he drove us down, waited and drove us back. Cheaper then two hotel rooms and we could enjoy their wine list.
I heard one is in the works to be coming soon to Leesburg....
24 seats, tasting menu format with a vegetarian option, 15-20 courses. If I remember correctly they said the cost per person was going to be around $150 per person + tax and tip and a wine package can be added for $80. They are looking at Leesburg because of it's central location in the state and proximity to Orlando and Ocala. It is fully intended to be a destination dining experience.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Be a white table cloth place
Are white table cloths a must if dinner for 2 is $100? $150? $200?
I had this conversation with some dinner club friends.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:26 AM

I understand a fine dining destination restaurant in being planned for Leesburg (because of its central location between Orlando and Ocala)... From the conversation I had; it will have around 24 seats, tasting menu format of 15-20 courses (with vegetarian option), $150 per person + tax and tip ballpark. Wine would be extra.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:32 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetop View Post
I understand a fine dining destination restaurant in being planned for Leesburg (because of its central location between Orlando and Ocala)... From the conversation I had; it will have around 24 seats, tasting menu format of 15-20 courses (with vegetarian option), $150 per person + tax and tip ballpark. Wine would be extra.
So add a drinks and tip, at least $200.00 per person ?? I'm pretty sure I'll pass on that one!
Old 10-05-2015, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
So add a drinks and tip, at least $200.00 per person ?? I'm pretty sure I'll pass on that one!
Six of us went to a 17-course tasting dinner overseas once. Tiny little bits of food served one after the other. It took forever. You just decided you liked something, and it was gone. When we left, my husband said "I'm hungry!"

PS: There was a dog there.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:16 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Six of us went to a 17-course tasting dinner overseas once. Tiny little bits of food served one after the other. It took forever. You just decided you liked something, and it was gone. When we left, my husband said "I'm hungry!"

PS: There was a dog there.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:30 AM
Sage
Default Special occasion restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddumas10 View Post
My husband and I want to go out to dinner somewhere special for our anniversary. Where would you recommend?
If you would like some excellent Italian food and a fine dining experience, I recommend Donatello's in Tampa. It is pricey but the food is excellent. And if you see a large limo out front, and a table surrounded constantly by the maitre'd and 2-3 waiters, then you are dining in the presence of the current head of the Trafficante Family.

Here is a link to the restaurant and menu: Tampa's Donatello Italian Cuisine Restaurant | Fine Italian Restaurant | Traditional Italian Menu
Old 10-05-2015, 10:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
3 Night Cruise Departing from: Miami, Florida
Ports of Call: Miami, Florida • Cococay (Cruiseline Private Island) • Nassau, Bahamas • Miami, Florida
Interior from
$149 [$50/night]
A cruise could be cheaper? Who knew?

Old 10-05-2015, 10:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
3 Night Cruise Departing from: Miami, Florida
Ports of Call: Miami, Florida • Cococay (Cruiseline Private Island) • Nassau, Bahamas • Miami, Florida
Interior from
$149 [$50/night]
A cruise could be cheaper? Who knew?

and you get all your food on one plate!

Tags
special, anniversary, recommend, dinner, restaurant, occasion, husband

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.