Square 1 bankrupt

Closed Thread
Old 06-15-2017, 01:33 PM

What a crock ! Every time we went to Square One it was packed. Something else must have torpedoed their business, like maybe poor management.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Square 1 went to the dogs.

As long as they weren't serving them

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-15-2017, 04:14 PM

Pets on the patio had nothing to do with it. It is a great attraction at many restaurants. If dogs bother you more than loud old people, you are the problem.
Old 06-15-2017, 04:21 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveczo View Post
Pets on the patio had nothing to do with it. It is a great attraction at many restaurants. If dogs bother you more than loud old people, you are the problem.
Oh Boy........Here we go.

Old 06-15-2017, 04:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Both my wife and I would like to see Legal Seafood come here as well but I doubt you'd see them in the villages.
I'll vote for Doug's Fish Fry
Old 06-15-2017, 05:30 PM
Sage

Drove past there this afternoon and the patio was full. Might have been a bunch who'd golfed and were then doing their "dine....after the nine!"
Old 06-15-2017, 07:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveczo View Post
Old 06-15-2017, 08:28 PM

I eat there frequently. Best Burgers in The Villages IMHO
But I usually get the vegetarian black bean "burger" or portabello mushroom "burger".
I'm hoping they Villages location is here to stay!
Old 06-15-2017, 08:53 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Looks like Square 1 is going out of business --the company has filed for bankruptcy protection--this is a signal for all future restaurants who has to rely on burgers as their mainstay--
Apparently none of you know anything about a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy filing. The company is reorganizing, not going out of business. That would be Chapter 7. Reading is fundamental. No one has said anything about the the local Square 1 closing.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
It's a corporate financial problem not their Villages location when they're closing all those other locations. Instead of all these burger places I wish we'd get another seafood place.
Lighthouse is always crowded. Legal Seafood, where are you? Please come here.

I'd kill for a Legal Seafood restaurant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-15-2017, 10:00 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
Apparently none of you know anything about a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy filing. The company is reorganizing, not going out of business. That would be Chapter 7. Reading is fundamental. No one has said anything about the the local Square 1 closing.

Whoa! Kinda harsh NY...

Per the news re this topic, Sq 1 had 10 locations and they have shut down two since May. The remaining 8 locations are filed for individual Chapt 11. Including TV's.

In its bankruptcy filing, Square 1 blamed the financial troubles on an over-saturated restaurant market.

-------------------------

“Unfortunately, between 2014 and 2016, a number of restaurant franchises flooded the market saturating the areas around Square One’s restaurant with a litany of dining options,” court documents said. “When the competition settled in, Square One struggled to breakeven and quickly fell behind with its creditors.”

----------------------------

We typically go to TV Sq 1 once every 2 weeks or so, and have noticed substantial drop in diners the last 3 months or so, even mentioning that to waitstaff - their answer "Yes it's been slow..." And they have coupon specials, moreso lately it appears (good...but potentially bad).

So the concern is not actually 'closing soon', but unless business, creditor relief, or their balance sheet improves, it could be a matter of time for any of their LLC locations. It's a relatively small operation with little leverage.
Sign of the times unfortunately.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member

We don't live near their bad location but dine there often. I love eating the overpriced burgers in the dark, dingy atmosphere. BTW, I have only seen a dog on the patio once so those nasty dogs didn't bother me. I hope they remain open. I guess there is no accounting for what some people enjoy.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
We don't live near their bad location but dine there often. I love eating the overpriced burgers in the dark, dingy atmosphere. BTW, I have only seen a dog on the patio once so those nasty dogs didn't bother me. I hope they remain open. I guess there is no accounting for what some people enjoy.
Et moi aussi.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:21 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Went to Sq1 TV for lunch today - curious, and have a $6 off coupon.
We were there about noon >place about 1/2 full (or 1/2 empty...).

Ordered our usual 'The American' with no seasoning - her broccoli as side, me a few onion rings. Great burger as usual IMO.
Asked the waitress how all is going. She said customers had questions (as we did), but business has been very good - the TV location is the best/busiest of all Sq1 locations. She said it is definitely a reorg-thing, and perhaps let loose of some locations that were losers. She said her job there is her sole income, has kids - and not worried at all. Said "if I was worried I would not be working today but out looking for another job. The waitstaff seemed to be very upbeat.

We hope all this is 100% as Sq1 is our close favorite place to occas cheat on a red-meat diet. And with coupons etc, price is right (free email club pays off).
Old 06-16-2017, 01:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I love an excellent hamburger and Chatbrat, I see no reason why a restaurant wouldn't survive featuring them.

Tags
square, restaurants, future, rely, mainstay--

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.