Steak

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2022, 01:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Thanks for the clarification.

Guess easier to get a good one at a restaurant, have liked the ones we have gotten at Longhorn
It does make life easier. I forget which grade of beef they use. Some of the large chains say they use prime.
Old 09-18-2022, 01:48 PM
Platinum member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker59 View Post
I like Outback on rt 441/27. I regularly get their Victoria filet. Thick, juicy, tasty. Going there tonight, matter of fact.
My favorite steakhouse locally. They know how to cook a steak Pittsburgh style.
Crispy on the outside and rare center.. Both Filets and ribeyes...
Old 09-18-2022, 01:49 PM
Default The Beat Filet is DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Who has the best, juiciest, most tender filet or rib eye, available in the area?
I was on a filet diet. I had filet every night for 6 months. (Lost 80lbs) It was easy to do because I easily had the best filet in 50 miles. Simple is best. Here is what I did.

1. Get prime filet from Publix. (Not all Publix have it. ) have them cut you center cuts of 2 1/2 to 3” filets. This will provide 10 to 12 oz. filets. It has to be Prime.

2. Heat a well seasoned cast iron pan over high heat, to searing temperature.

3. Season the filet with salt and pepper only.

4. Add a few drops of evoo to the pan.

5. Place the filet in the pan, and reduce the pan down to a medium high temperature.

6. I like rare, so I cook the filet for 3 minutes 30 seconds on each side.

7. I finish the steak, in the pan with a splash of dry vermouth, and a drizzle of truffle oil.

This is best done on a gas stove.

Simple, easy to do, and very little prep. To my taste this produces the best filet ever.
Old 09-18-2022, 09:19 PM

Well, in the olden days.... Like last year, I'd buy a 2 1/2" thick Tomahawk at Sam's . Smoke it on my pellet grill for about 2 hrs. Temperature is about 130 to 140, your choice. Then and brush on the butter, sear it on my gas grill at 500 degrees for a minute or two. Ah... best steak I've ever had....
Old 09-19-2022, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea&Mike View Post
We just went to the Oak Restaurant on 44 it was the best steak we had very tender, and juicy flavor. I recommend this place price very reasonable too.
Live nearby, and may give Oak a try. Just wondering, how much was the steak? And what type of steak did you have? Thanks!
Old 09-19-2022, 06:00 AM
Default Best Restaurant to Eat a pefectly cooked Rib Eye???

Quote:
Who has the best, juiciest, most tender filet or rib eye, available in the area?
Ok I read almost all of the replies to your question. Best Restaurant to Eat a pefectly cooked Steak / Rib Eye??? Most replies were about cooking the rib eye at home?? Very few answered your question. I have been to The Chop House in Sumter Landing. Great ambiance but my steak was maybe a 7 or 8 on a scale of 1-10. My best choice for a perfectly cooked Bone in Rib Eye and I have been to this chain of restaurants a dozen times in several states. NY, FL, and NC. The LongHorn Steak House on CR441 has the Best tasting Bone in Rib Eye. It's called "The Outlaw Ribeye". I have never been disappointed. A perfectly cooked Rib Eye every time without the High Prices. Enjoy
Old 09-19-2022, 07:05 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
The Delmonico at Prima is the best I've had in TV. I've been told the kitchen can't mess them up because of the cost of them. Win for me! It's the only steak in TV I have never sent back.
Old 09-19-2022, 08:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiwiz View Post
... It's the only steak in TV I have never sent back.
Really? One out of how many?
Old 09-19-2022, 09:08 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
If you don't mind driving to Ocala, I think that Mark's is a great place to get a steak. I find it interesting that their website shows a photo of a filet mignon, but it doesn't have a crust on it. Also, they say the filet mignon is USDA inspected, but not whether it is Choice or Prime. They offer a 7 ounce and an 11 ounce filet mignon.

For the 11 ounce filet, with a salad, potato, tax, and 20 percent tip, you will pay about $92, or $184 for two. If you plan to drink anything, the sky is the limit. Note that the Chophouse in The Villages is less expensive than Mark's.
Another great place in Ocala is Stirrup's at the World Equestrian Center hotel. Magnificent food and atmosphere. Expect to pay top dollar.
Old 09-19-2022, 09:13 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jblefty View Post
Well, in the olden days.... Like last year, I'd buy a 2 1/2" thick Tomahawk at Sam's . Smoke it on my pellet grill for about 2 hrs. Temperature is about 130 to 140, your choice. Then and brush on the butter, sear it on my gas grill at 500 degrees for a minute or two. Ah... best steak I've ever had....
What does the olden days have to do with it ? If it is price you can still buy wonderful Tomahawks for as little as $10.98 a pound from Wild Fork Foods. Order tonight and it is delivered tomorrow to your home. They send it from their store in Orlando

USDA Choice Beef Tomahawk Ribeye – Wild Fork Foods
Old 09-21-2022, 07:05 PM
Location: 50 years NE Ohio (Cleveland), 12 years Midland MI, Now The Villages Fenney since 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I stopped buying steak in restaurants. I buy 2-inch thick, half pound, USDA Prime filets at Publix for $30 per pound. I cook them on an electric grill at home, and they are way better and cheaper than in any restaurant that I have been to in the area. If you order a steak in a restaurant, you will most likely get USDA Choice or worse. If I go to a steak restaurant, I will usually order a hamburger or fish and chips.
What Publix has prime? I always see premium meat, which is not the same, at my local Publix south of 44.
Old 09-21-2022, 08:21 PM

You’re right, the OP wasn’t asking how he/she should cook a steak, or where to buy one. Thanks for your tip about Longhorn. Smart!
Old 09-22-2022, 01:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,708 Times in 5,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhonard View Post
What Publix has prime? I always see premium meat, which is not the same, at my local Publix south of 44.
The Publix at Colony Plaza and at Lake Deaton Plaza both sell USDA Prime filets. They are often labeled under the "Greenwise" name. But, they also have USDA Choice, so you need to read the label.
Closed Thread

Tags
steak, juiciest, tender, filet, rib

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.