Is Steak 'n Shake...

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2017, 11:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Is Steak 'n Shake...

...always so busy for breakfast?

We went there today for the first time (the one near Fresh Market) and rebranding it Wait 'n Wait would not have been out of the question.

The server took our order as soon as we arrived, but our coffee didn't arrive for fifteen minutes (with refills few and far between) and the food took thirty minutes.

They were non-stop but clearly under-staffed for the number of hungry Villagers who had descended upon them today.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:48 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
...always so busy for breakfast?

We went there today for the first time (the one near Fresh Market) and rebranding it Wait 'n Wait would not have been out of the question.

The server took our order as soon as we arrived, but our coffee didn't arrive for fifteen minutes (with refills few and far between) and the food took thirty minutes.

They were non-stop but clearly under-staffed for the number of hungry Villagers who had descended upon them today.
That definitely is not a "good look"
Old 08-11-2017, 11:59 AM
Sage

After 5 minutes waiting for coffee I would have been out the door--you should never have to wait for coffee , water, etc--go next door to McDonalds

I swore I would never stand inline or wait after 6 years of active duty -@ our age time is more precious than $$ don't waste it==once its gone--its gone
Old 08-11-2017, 12:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
After 5 minutes waiting for coffee I would have been out the door
We were in no rush, but I was certainly surprised that so many people were just sitting there patiently. Never come between a Villager and his/her first coffee of the day!
Old 08-11-2017, 01:12 PM
Sage

We're used to going to establishments where the staff knows us, a bar tender starts making our drinks as soon as he/she sees us and our drinks are in front of us seamlessly--they know frequent flyers and patrons who know how to tip
Old 08-11-2017, 02:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

When the kids were little and we lived in Indianapolis, a treat would be to take them to Steak and Shake.

The last three or four times we have gone there, here in The Villages, it was OVERWHELMINGLY busy. I imagine that the four dollar menu for dinner items is a big draw. If I remember correctly their steak burger and double steak burger, fries and another side used to cost a bit more than that. They have really good burgers and their baked beans are good too and little bitty skinny fries are nice. Their shakes are yummy and I remember their by line too, "In sight it must be right", obviously referring to the food preparation could be seen.

It is good to hear that a business is doing well.

Tags
today, minutes, wait, refills, fifteen

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.