Steak TV needs

Steak TV needs

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Steak TV needs
Old 07-24-2019, 01:01 PM
Sage

Default Steak TV needs

Not knocking any restaurant that I have not been to, but wish the so called high end restaurants here would offer 32-40oz porterhouse for two-24 oz ribeyes vs Delmonico , much tastier & tender

Please make it available to people who are willing to pay

Old 07-24-2019, 01:11 PM
Gold member

Location: Bridgeport CT; Boston, Winthrop, Dorchester, Canton, Provincetown MA; Village of Hadley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Not knocking any restaurant that I have not been to, but wish the so called high end restaurants here would offer 32-40oz porterhouse for two-24 oz ribeyes vs Delmonico , much tastier & tender

Whilst I have not yet been there, Chop House at Sumter Landing (NOT the chain Chop House) promises to be what you want. Give us a review.
Old 07-24-2019, 01:25 PM
Sage

I looked @ their menu, again, I've not been there -but after viewing their steak selections-we will pass--filet mignons , besides being soft are not tasty, Delmonico doesn't come close to a ribeye for taste- again-their steaks are not what a truly exceptional steakhouse will offer--Peter Luger's steaks are 32-40 oz porterhouse. they come to table sliced--when I was in the navy submarine , Sunday breakfast was filet mignon wrapped in bacon with an egg on top--

I know price point is important in TV, it would be nice if special options were available .

PLease take a glance @ Peter Lugers--you will known what you've been missing
Steak
Old 07-24-2019, 02:22 PM

Default Steak

I believe Palmer Legends offers Chateaubriand. It's a fair sized hunk of meat, but for two and sliced. It's covered with a sauce, however.

I fondly and vaguely remember a place that offered a 48 ounce steak where they'd serve you another for free if you could finish them both. No dogie bags. It may have been Baby Doe's, Denver.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
Whilst I have not yet been there, Chop House at Sumter Landing (NOT the chain Chop House) promises to be what you want. Give us a review.
Menu | Chop House
Old 07-24-2019, 02:26 PM
Sage

Quote:

Wouldn't this suggestion make more sense if it was directed/communicated to these "so called high end restaurants"?
Old 07-24-2019, 02:51 PM
Sage

Chateaubrind is not a steak its a roast--looked @ the chophouse menu-I can make a way better steak @ home than any restaurant in TV, we go out for stuff we don't do @ home--really Sam's prime meats are very good meats, they have rib eyes, tomahawk steaks--there is not a restaurant in TV thatch approach their quality /size--
Old 07-24-2019, 03:25 PM

If you say so.

Goggled it. "Chateaubriand steak (also chateaubriand) is a meat dish cooked with a thick cut from the tenderloin filet. In contemporary times, chateaubriand cuts of beef refer to "a large steak cut from the thickest part of a fillet of beef".
Old 07-24-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I looked @ their menu, again, I've not been there -but after viewing their steak selections-we will pass--filet mignons , besides being soft are not tasty, Delmonico doesn't come close to a ribeye for taste- again-their steaks are not what a truly exceptional steakhouse will offer--Peter Luger's steaks are 32-40 oz porterhouse. they come to table sliced--when I was in the navy submarine , Sunday breakfast was filet mignon wrapped in bacon with an egg on top--

I know price point is important in TV, it would be nice if special options were available .

PLease take a glance @ Peter Lugers--you will known what you've been missing
Their real menu has market price steaks, think that will fit your bill.
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Old 07-24-2019, 03:41 PM
Veteran member

It would appear that in TV, steaks, like pizza, are items where personal experience and previous location determine preferences. In my case, if I'm going to load on the calories, fat, and cholesterol, personal preference calls out for a prime ribeye done medium although an 8oz filet mignon done properly will also fill the bill. Good company and a fine wine make it a memorable meal.

Here's to The Chop House being successful because that may entice further more upscale establishments to consider TV.

Tags
delmonico, tastier, porterhouse, two-24, tender