Steak TV needs

Old 07-24-2019, 01:01 PM
Sage
Default Steak TV needs

Not knocking any restaurant that I have not been to, but wish the so called high end restaurants here would offer 32-40oz porterhouse for two-24 oz ribeyes vs Delmonico , much tastier & tender

Please make it available to people who are willing to pay

Old 07-24-2019, 01:11 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Not knocking any restaurant that I have not been to, but wish the so called high end restaurants here would offer 32-40oz porterhouse for two-24 oz ribeyes vs Delmonico , much tastier & tender

Whilst I have not yet been there, Chop House at Sumter Landing (NOT the chain Chop House) promises to be what you want. Give us a review.

Old 07-24-2019, 01:25 PM
Sage

I looked @ their menu, again, I've not been there -but after viewing their steak selections-we will pass--filet mignons , besides being soft are not tasty, Delmonico doesn't come close to a ribeye for taste- again-their steaks are not what a truly exceptional steakhouse will offer--Peter Luger's steaks are 32-40 oz porterhouse. they come to table sliced--when I was in the navy submarine , Sunday breakfast was filet mignon wrapped in bacon with an egg on top--

I know price point is important in TV, it would be nice if special options were available .

PLease take a glance @ Peter Lugers--you will known what you've been missing

Old 07-24-2019, 02:22 PM
Veteran member
Default Steak

I believe Palmer Legends offers Chateaubriand. It's a fair sized hunk of meat, but for two and sliced. It's covered with a sauce, however.

I fondly and vaguely remember a place that offered a 48 ounce steak where they'd serve you another for free if you could finish them both. No dogie bags. It may have been Baby Doe's, Denver.

Old 07-24-2019, 02:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
Whilst I have not yet been there, Chop House at Sumter Landing (NOT the chain Chop House) promises to be what you want. Give us a review.
Menu | Chop House

Old 07-24-2019, 02:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:

Wouldn't this suggestion make more sense if it was directed/communicated to these "so called high end restaurants"?

Old 07-24-2019, 02:51 PM
Sage

Chateaubrind is not a steak its a roast--looked @ the chophouse menu-I can make a way better steak @ home than any restaurant in TV, we go out for stuff we don't do @ home--really Sam's prime meats are very good meats, they have rib eyes, tomahawk steaks--there is not a restaurant in TV thatch approach their quality /size--

Old 07-24-2019, 03:25 PM
Veteran member

If you say so.

Goggled it. "Chateaubriand steak (also chateaubriand) is a meat dish cooked with a thick cut from the tenderloin filet. In contemporary times, chateaubriand cuts of beef refer to "a large steak cut from the thickest part of a fillet of beef".

Old 07-24-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I looked @ their menu, again, I've not been there -but after viewing their steak selections-we will pass--filet mignons , besides being soft are not tasty, Delmonico doesn't come close to a ribeye for taste- again-their steaks are not what a truly exceptional steakhouse will offer--Peter Luger's steaks are 32-40 oz porterhouse. they come to table sliced--when I was in the navy submarine , Sunday breakfast was filet mignon wrapped in bacon with an egg on top--

I know price point is important in TV, it would be nice if special options were available .

PLease take a glance @ Peter Lugers--you will known what you've been missing
Their real menu has market price steaks, think that will fit your bill.
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!

Old 07-24-2019, 03:41 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

It would appear that in TV, steaks, like pizza, are items where personal experience and previous location determine preferences. In my case, if I'm going to load on the calories, fat, and cholesterol, personal preference calls out for a prime ribeye done medium although an 8oz filet mignon done properly will also fill the bill. Good company and a fine wine make it a memorable meal.

Here's to The Chop House being successful because that may entice further more upscale establishments to consider TV.

Old 07-24-2019, 03:45 PM
Sage

Their special market priced steaks = Delmonico-- not a super steak

Old 07-24-2019, 04:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

What Is The Best Steak To Order At A Steakhouse?

Quote:
What Are The Best Steaks To Order?

Generally, the most popular steaks for grilling or broiling (dry heat) will be those from the short loin, tenderloin and rib sections of beef. Taste is a matter of individual preference but tenderness and juiciness is imperative to steak enjoyment.

Following are the top five most popular steaks ordered at top steak houses.

1. Tenderloin Filet. It’s also known as Filet Mignon. It is the most tender of steaks yet has very little fat marbling. Since it is both lean and tender it’s the best choice for those watching their fat intake. It has the mildest flavor compared to other cuts. Since it has little fat that renders into the steak as it cooks, it is not nearly as juicy as other steaks and can become dry if cooked beyond medium. More about the tenderloin filet.

2. Ribeye Steak. The ribeye has the most abundant fat marbling. That’s why it is considered the most juicy and flavorful of all steaks. This is the choice of real steak aficionados. Beefy, robust, and fatty. It can often be too fatty for some. It has a bone-in option and you guessed it. It is from the same cut as a standing rib roast. When roasted it’s called Prime Rib. When sliced into steaks, and grilled or broiled, it becomes a ribeye chop. More about ribeye steaks.

3. New York Strip. The New York, sometimes called a Kansas City, is perhaps the best steak when all things are considered. It has less fat than the ribeye and almost as tender. It has a flavor all its own. Succulent and buttery. Some steakhouses feature a bone-in version. Read more about what a New York Steak is.

4. T-Bone Steak. The T-Bone is really two steaks in one. Can’t decide between a Tenderloin Filet and a New York Strip Steak? You’ve just hit the jackpot of all steaks. That’s because it features both a filet and a New York Strip portion separated by a T-shaped bone from hence it gets its name. If you like your steak medium-well or well done, keep this in mind. The meat that sets next to the bone is difficult to reach those temperatures without overcooking the entire steak.

5. Porterhouse Steak. The Porterhouse and T-Bone are essentially the same cut of steak. In fact, it is often called the “king of the t-bones”. It is a larger version of the T-Bone because it is cut from further up the loin section. It is bigger with a larger piece of tenderloin filet. Usually you won’t find a smaller Porterhouse than 20 ounces. There are even 48 ounce Porterhouse steaks offered at some steak house restaurants. It’s the perfect steak to share giving everyone a taste of both the Filet Mignon and New York Strip.

Old 07-24-2019, 04:49 PM
Sage

MKt price ,doesn't indicate quality ie--,they are indicating style

Old 07-24-2019, 04:56 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
MKt price ,doesn't indicate quality ie--,they are indicating style
I will try the Chop House at Lake Sumter soon. I assume I will not find your Benz in the parking lot.

Old 07-24-2019, 04:59 PM
Sage

Its not mkt price---its the steaks cuts--again delmonico .dosn't cut it

we know better

Tags
delmonico, tastier, porterhouse, two-24, tender

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.