Surprisingly BAD experience at Millers Ale House

Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2021, 11:07 AM
Default Surprisingly BAD experience at Millers Ale House

Six of us went to Millers Ale House yesterday at about 1:30. Not too busy, parking was easy and we were seated quickly. Our drinks arrived shortly and we placed our orders. After about a half an hour passed and our waitress was no where to be found, we began to get a little concerned. With the help shortages etc, we gave them a another 15 minutes or so to make an appearance. After at least 45 minutes, and I am being kind, and watching people come and go, we flagged down a different waitress, as ours was still missing in action. She happily agreed to check for us, and about ten minutes later, our waitress showed up with our cold food that had been sitting at least a half an hour. We were so hungry at that point that we ate the cold fish and chips, meatloaf etc UGH! We voiced our dissatisfaction and of course she apologized. The proper response from management to our terrible service and cold soggy food would be to at least comp our meals, but that was never offered. We have seen this all over The Villages. A restaurant gets popular and busy, and customer service goes down the drain. They allow poor service and dissatisfied customers, because there are ten people waiting in line to get in. Beware....January is coming along with thousands of renters and much worse customer service from Millers Ale House. So sad.
Old 12-11-2021, 11:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Wife and friend went there this week for lunch and enjoyed it. I have never been there...yet.
Old 12-11-2021, 11:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,061 Posts

All that over one bad experience?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 12-11-2021, 11:31 AM

Never had a bad meal at the Ale House. Been to this one several times, as well as Chicago and St. Pete. Coincidentally, we’ll be lunching there Monday, so I hope your experience was a one-off.
Old 12-11-2021, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arickis View Post
Six of us went to Millers Ale House yesterday at about 1:30. Not too busy, parking was easy and we were seated quickly. Our drinks arrived shortly and we placed our orders. After about a half an hour passed and our waitress was no where to be found, we began to get a little concerned. With the help shortages etc, we gave them a another 15 minutes or so to make an appearance. After at least 45 minutes, and I am being kind, and watching people come and go, we flagged down a different waitress, as ours was still missing in action. She happily agreed to check for us, and about ten minutes later, our waitress showed up with our cold food that had been sitting at least a half an hour. We were so hungry at that point that we ate the cold fish and chips, meatloaf etc UGH! We voiced our dissatisfaction and of course she apologized. The proper response from management to our terrible service and cold soggy food would be to at least comp our meals, but that was never offered. We have seen this all over The Villages. A restaurant gets popular and busy, and customer service goes down the drain. They allow poor service and dissatisfied customers, because there are ten people waiting in line to get in. Beware....January is coming along with thousands of renters and much worse customer service from Millers Ale House. So sad.
It would have been good PR to give you something. But when you ate the food without complaint and only afterward expressed dissatisfaction that is a mitigating factor. Had you refused the cold soggy food you'd have a much better argument. Ask for a new hot unsoggy meal and suggest a free appetizer to hold off your hunger while you wait.
Old 12-11-2021, 12:19 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Then WHY DID YOU EAT IT. Your choice. I hate cold fish.
Shame on you the problems if this is true will just multiply and you probably tipped which I would not have!
Old 12-11-2021, 01:33 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Nothing but GREAT experiences and food quality at Millers. Once had to send back a flatbread because a topping was added I requested not to be. They gladly re-made the flatbread and expedited it. Wouldn’t expect to eat it, then complain about the problem later and expect much attention. Considering the employee issues running rampant at many business establishments I find Miller’s to be one of the best at handling these issues.
Old 12-11-2021, 01:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,623 Times in 5,201 Posts

Millers is one of the better restaurants for service.
Old 12-11-2021, 02:46 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Most unusual. Never had an issue at the chain in 10 years. Location all over Florida
Old 12-11-2021, 03:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
That would warm your heart...... not your food! I would have left after talking to management.
Old 12-11-2021, 03:12 PM
Veteran member

Very surprising. I go there at least twice a week, 50+ visits, always sit at the bar, so I can watch a ball game and have a beer. Usually there for a few hours. I can easily see the kitchen and hear constant cries for food runners from the expediter. Watching them work I find it difficult to understand your claims. The only problem I have ever had, albeit a few times, was them finding a particular ball game I wanted. So, I ask for the daily "book" that list the stations available. Food has been consistently very good. When I have had similar food selections at Orange Blossom Hills CC Millers is quite superior. Plus they stay open till 10.
Old 12-11-2021, 03:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
After about a half an hour passed
I have a hard out limit of 30 minutes for order taking.

At 25 minutes I warn the table that I'm leaving in 5 if we don't at least get drinks ordered.

I've waited longer than that enough times to know that nothing good will come of it.

Cold food, warm ice tea and messed up food orders is what happens next. Someone will get the wrong plate, or in fact in a bigger group, completely missed! It's happened to me. Cut your losses and walk.

I understand that staff is short and sometimes the places are busy. I used to be a server 35 years ago, I get it. I also would rather get on with the evening. I'll go through McDonalds if it comes to it. At least I'm fed and can do something else.
Old 12-11-2021, 03:56 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

The wife and I have eaten there 3 or 4 times now and though I have nothing bad to say, I don't have anything good to say either. I haven't eaten anything there that has impressed me. It's just a typical Villages restaurant. The OP has far more patience than I have, I would have been demanding the manger come to me at 20 minutes of no attention by the server. Management can't fix a problem they aren't aware of and I would have left without ordering anything.
Old 12-11-2021, 05:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

OP if you refused the cold food, results would have been different. If food sat in the window for that long, the kitchen staff makes noise, because not only is the window not big enough to hold more than a few order, especially one with 6 people. But the kitchen is the one who catches hell for cold food.
Old 12-11-2021, 09:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

I thought you were still waiting to order. Hungry or not I would have sent cold food back and would not have paid the bill. I think you waited way too long to ask about your food.
Closed Thread

Tags
service, waitress, minutes, cold, house

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.