Surprisingly BAD experience at Millers Ale House

Closed Thread
Old 12-13-2021, 08:18 AM
Default Why don't you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arickis View Post
Six of us went to Millers Ale House yesterday at about 1:30. Not too busy, parking was easy and we were seated quickly. Our drinks arrived shortly and we placed our orders. After about a half an hour passed and our waitress was no where to be found, we began to get a little concerned. With the help shortages etc, we gave them a another 15 minutes or so to make an appearance. After at least 45 minutes, and I am being kind, and watching people come and go, we flagged down a different waitress, as ours was still missing in action. She happily agreed to check for us, and about ten minutes later, our waitress showed up with our cold food that had been sitting at least a half an hour. We were so hungry at that point that we ate the cold fish and chips, meatloaf etc UGH! We voiced our dissatisfaction and of course she apologized. The proper response from management to our terrible service and cold soggy food would be to at least comp our meals, but that was never offered. We have seen this all over The Villages. A restaurant gets popular and busy, and customer service goes down the drain. They allow poor service and dissatisfied customers, because there are ten people waiting in line to get in. Beware....January is coming along with thousands of renters and much worse customer service from Millers Ale House. So sad.
apply for a job there and help them out....hard job serving customers these days with an attitude like that...show some compassion and learn "The Serenity Prayer".
Old 12-13-2021, 08:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunky1 View Post
Poor baby's. Homeless people are hungry and if they are lucky they may have a cold bite to eat.
You gotta be kidding with a reply like that!!!! Suggest you focus on the subject of declining level of service in our restaurants. (Although I am a big fan of Millers)
Old 12-13-2021, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
Then WHY DID YOU EAT IT. Your choice. I hate cold fish.
Shame on you the problems if this is true will just multiply and you probably tipped which I would not have!

Never eat sushi!!!
Old 12-13-2021, 11:07 AM

Wonder how many times you had nothing to complain about & didn’t take the time to thank a restaurant & it’s employees?
I can guess!! HOWEVER:
“IF YOU DON’T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, SAY NOTHING”
MERRY CHRISTMAS!🇺🇸🙏🇺🇸
Old 12-14-2021, 07:42 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkellyny View Post
wonder how many times you had nothing to complain about & didn’t take the time to thank a restaurant & it’s employees?
I can guess!! However:
“if you don’t have anything nice to say, say nothing”
merry christmas!🇺🇸🙏🇺🇸
amen ~
Old 12-14-2021, 07:51 AM

We just ate there yesterday, and it was great. Two of us had the Monday rib special, the other two had the bacon cheese burger. Beers served ice cold, food served piping hot, and all served by a pleasant and efficient waitress. (“Waitress” hasn’t been banished to the memory hole, has it?!)

Wins for all.
Old 12-22-2021, 09:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

How long does it take for a person to determine their food is cold upon arrival at the table? Something should have been said before the wait staff left the table when delivering the food. I would not have eaten cold food, especially if it is supposed to be served hot. Simple as that. I don't care how hungry I am. I'm not paying for cold food.

As an aside.......I LOVE Miller's Ale House. We have dined there countless times since they opened. We were there the day they opened for inside dining after being shut down with the pandemic. So far, we have never had poor service or bad food. My personal favorite is the Stake Fajitas. Miller's actually will serves deliciously seasoned, large slices of steak cooked to order and not over done little pieces of beef that other restaurants serve. Highly recommend their Steak Fajitas.

Tags
service, waitress, minutes, cold, house

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.