Taverna Red

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip
One reviewer in the Gourmet Club was there all night, over 3 hours! They may need to get their act together before we make a visit.

First of all, it is a rumor that you started because you are not providing firsthand knowledge of your experience at this restaurant but merely passing on hearsay evidence from an unknown person in another thread and in another forum no less. For all you know, that poster could have been a shill for Little Joey’s Italian restaurant that is in the same area.

Secondly, your post was vague about where the time was wasted and I’m not obliged to go to that forum for the details. More importantly, who cares whether the time was wasted waiting to get seated, waiting for you order, or waiting to be served, waiting is waiting and 3 hours to have dinner out is too long.

My own personal experience (at least on a weekday) was positive.

So let’s hear yours.

OUCH!!!!!
Old 04-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Sage

Hate to quibble but it is not a rumor. He was reporting what was written. Skip even told you who reported it. Is it a rumor if a reporter for a news station quotes a source? Didn't think so.

Here is the link to what Skip reported: http://home.comcast.net/~thevillagesgourmetclub/page2.html#T

Personally I'll make up my own mind since there is only one report so far on this newer restaurant. But i do like the gourmet club's site.

Last edited by Russ_Boston; 04-04-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdVinMass View Post
unknown person in another thread and in another forum no less. For all you know, that poster could have been a shill for Little Joey’s Italian restaurant that is in the same area.
not exactly - the report was from the gourmet club (member name Rich on 3/10) who have a process to make sure that shills can't do this. I could understand if the report was just from some other forum like TOTV where we do get a lot of shills trying to bring down a competitor.

You can't just post reviews to the gourmet club. But still it is just one person's (actually 6 in the party) experience.

Last edited by Russ_Boston; 04-04-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Hate to quibble but it is not a rumor. He was reporting what was written. Skip even told you who reported it....
Sorry to quibble with you also, but No he did NOT!! He just said someone somewhere else.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
One reviewer in the Gourmet Club was there all night, over 3 hours! They may need to get their act together before we make a visit.

Skip
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdVinMass
Sorry to quibble with you also, but No he did NOT!! He just said someone somewhere else.
Really? Maybe you should re-read his first post that I put here. Unless Skip edited it after the post.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:41 AM
Veteran member

This is getting interesting..........
Old 04-05-2010, 05:46 AM
Dancing Thyme

Tell you what!! Rather than only believe the gurmet's (LOL) site, why don't you all join me on Thursday night at Taverna Red for a wonderful night of music and karaoke with DJ Patrick and his gang. Show is from 6 to 9 and you KNOW I'll be there.... Then we will have some first-hand critique of this place.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-05-2010, 06:20 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Really? Maybe you should re-read his first post that I put here. Unless Skip edited it after the post.
Just exactly where in the TOTV Forums is this Gourmet Club?
Old 04-05-2010, 07:05 AM
Sage

Boy Ed. You really need to read all the posts.

I gave you a link to the site. It is a very good site which lists all (most) of the restaurants in an around TV. It is broken down into 3 lists. One for inside TV, one for close to TV and one for outside the area. I have found their experiences very close to my own.

I agree with Kathie though. Best making your own opinion and go ourselves. But the gourmet club is a good reference.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:56 AM
Veteran member
Talking

Food Fight!

Old 04-05-2010, 08:38 AM
Platinum member
Default Best Solution

How about everyone just check it out for themselves? We're all different and what matters to one or appeals to another might not always fit. If we were all the same, every restaurant/business would be owned and run by the same people. There would be no reason to do otherwise. I keep in mind what others say, but check it out for myself while keeping those comments in mind....positive and negative. Sometimes I end up agreeing...sometimes I don't.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 04-05-2010, 08:52 AM
Platinum member
Default Gourmet Club

Thanks Russ:

Over the years, I've tended to rely on and believe The Gourmet Club's website too, even more than comments made here on this forum - especially from posters (like EdVinMass) who don't sign their messages.

I merely reported what I read. Someone else twisted my comment and never went to the source.

Hats off to the leaders of The Gourmet Club. Good, bad or indifferent, they post actual experiences and do it with no advertising support, I notice.

'Nuff said!

Skip
Old 04-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
How about everyone just check it out for themselves? We're all different and what matters to one or appeals to another might not always fit. If we were all the same, every restaurant/business would be owned and run by the same people. There would be no reason to do otherwise. I keep in mind what others say, but check it out for myself while keeping those comments in mind....positive and negative. Sometimes I end up agreeing...sometimes I don't.
I agree Ms. Dilly. Good post.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-05-2010, 09:07 AM
Sage

Agreed. I think Ed just didn't realize that that resource existed.

I use that site like I do movie review sites. If the consensus is at least 50+% then I'll check it out myself.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Gold member

Quote:
....I agree with Kathie though. Best making your own opinion and go ourselves. But the gourmet club is a good reference.
Well Russ, it would have been better if you had come to this conclusion before jumping into the fray from a thousand miles away before you even stepped foot into the restaurant, let alone dined there.

My home is just two miles from Taverna Red and I’ve already been there twice now and reported my personal experience and opinion, but here you are quibbling with me over references and links to other forums from afar. Can’t imagine why.

You seem to be more interested in providing your opinion about another forum for restaurant discussions than you are in discussing experiences with this restaurant. TOTV has a fine restaurant forum, no need for me to go to gourmetville.com or whatever it’s called to see what some tweedle-dee has to say.

Please, by all means, come back here and give us your impressions of Taverna Red after you’ve had a chance to dine there yourself.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.