Taverna Red

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
....Over the years, I've tended to rely on and believe The Gourmet Club's website too, even more than comments made here on this forum - especially from posters (like EdVinMass) who don't sign their messages.
And that means what?
Old 04-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Eternal Member
Default Villages Gourmet Club site

Personally I think the those that do not like the establishment tend to NOT put their information on the Villages Gourmet Club site.

There are very few NOs for many of the restaurants that the TOTV people do not like.

It was started with good intentions but don't trust the ratings. I gave up on this site a long time ago.

Only you know how good a restaurant is.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Platinum member
Default Taverna

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdVinMass View Post
My home is just two miles from Taverna Red and I’ve already been there twice now and reported my personal experience and opinion.
Maybe you're the owner of that restaurant. How do we know? In any case, congratulations and good luck!

Skip
Old 04-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Maybe you're the owner of that restaurant. How do we know? In any case, congratulations and good luck!
Come on Skip, fess up. That is a Little Joey's Restaurant cap you're wearing, isn't it?
Old 04-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Sage

Funny EdVinMass and Skip. What a great way to end the sorta heated at times discussion about a place to eat. You have to love that. Great guys!!
Old 04-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Personally I'll make up my own mind since there is only one report so far on this newer restaurant. But i do like the gourmet club's site.

yes, quoting myself again.

Ed- This is my first post and you'll notice that I did say I'll make up my own mind after I go. I'll be down in 5 weeks so I'll give it a try.

FYI: If the admins read this entire thread they'll notice that only certain people make it heated. My posts are not inteded to stir debate and as always I apoligize if it seemed that way. Yes, I'm a thousand miles away but I feel that many of my 2000+ posts have been informational albeit from a distant point of view.

Last edited by Russ_Boston; 04-06-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:59 PM

Boy, I just love this. CAT FIGHT
Old 04-09-2010, 09:04 AM
Dancing Thyme

"Kathie's quote from below: Tell you what!! Rather than only believe the gurmet's (LOL) site, why don't you all join me on Thursday night at Taverna Red for a wonderful night of music and karaoke with DJ Patrick and his gang. Show is from 6 to 9 and you KNOW I'll be there.... Then we will have some first-hand critique of this place."

Great restaurant!!!!!

My experience from my second visit to Taverna last night was the same as the first experience. I didn't have a reservation, was told it would be a 20 min wait to be near the small dance floor, the wait was actually only about 15 min and we were served immediately and with great efficiency. This is a well run restaurant, the food is excellent, and the staff is the best, especially the bartender, Jennifer. Say hi to her, she's adorable.

Oh yes, and the music was great! Lots of fun! Come join us on Sunday evening, we'll be there again.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemorc View Post
Boy, I just love this. CAT FIGHT
Not really, just a lively debate. Nothing more.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Sage

Ditto, my Massachusetts friend!
Old 04-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Veteran member

How about knocking it off.....we aren't interested in a fight only how was the food, service, etc....it would be really hard for me to intepret the three hour comment as a wait...so let it go.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 04-20-2010, 08:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdraig View Post
How about knocking it off.....we aren't interested in a fight only how was the food, service, etc....it would be really hard for me to intepret the three hour comment as a wait...so let it go.
I sorta liked the food fight.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdraig View Post
I think that's what our last few comments were doing. I'm going to try it (the restaurant) for myself in a few weeks.

Last edited by Russ_Boston; 04-20-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Yes, I'm a thousand miles away but I feel that many of my 2000+ posts have been informational albeit from a distant point of view.
very much.

Here's to 2000 more!
Old 04-20-2010, 09:11 PM
Veteran member
Default not impressed

I thought they were over priced. my husband had a problem with his dinner and was comped 15% - better than a sharp stick in the eye! other friends had sauce spilt on head and back, mgr said the would pay for cleaning the shirt. Meal was not comped. we will not go back
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.