Texas Stockyards BBQ

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Platinum member
Default Texas Stockyards BBQ

Tried this new restaurant tonight after a favorable review on another thread. Having made many trips to Texas and eating a lot of bbq, I gotta say this place comes close. DH had beef brisket, western beans and coleslaw and I tried both wet and dry ribs, twice baked potatoe and slaw. We both really enjoyed everything. Was probably the best ribs I've had anywhere. FYI, there are a lot of "spicy" choices and these do run a bit on the hot side (which pleased DH). The twice baked potatoe seems to be a potatoe casserole made from baked potatoes. Delishous!

Portions are ample and we did bring a box home for lunch tomorrow. Iced tea was good and their yummy bread is homemade!

The place was full but service was good. My fear is they are not going to be big enough to handle the crowd!
Old 05-11-2012, 08:34 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Where is it? A google search didn't turn up anything.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRX View Post
Where is it? A google search didn't turn up anything.
New BBQ place
Old 05-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
tried this new restaurant tonight after a favorable review on another thread. Having made many trips to texas and eating a lot of bbq, i gotta say this place comes close. Dh had beef brisket, western beans and coleslaw and i tried both wet and dry ribs, twice baked potatoe and slaw. We both really enjoyed everything. Was probably the best ribs i've had anywhere. Fyi, there are a lot of "spicy" choices and these do run a bit on the hot side (which pleased dh). The twice baked potatoe seems to be a potatoe casserole made from baked potatoes. Delishous!

Portions are ample and we did bring a box home for lunch tomorrow. Iced tea was good and their yummy bread is homemade!

The place was full but service was good. My fear is they are not going to be big enough to handle the crowd!
we felt the same about the size of the restaurant, will probably out grow this location soon. And yes the texas baked beans were too hot for me! They said soon they will have regular bbq beans
Old 05-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Default BEST BBQ I HAVE EVER HAD! Texas Stockyards, Lady Lake

Took my family to dinner at Texas Staockyards BBQ tonight. We arrived at 8:30, the food tasted like it was just made. I think it was....Wonderful, meat was tender, ribs fall off the bone, REAL turkey breast just melted in your mouth. After speaking to the owner found out that all meat is FRESH never frozen, all sides are homemade. Even homemade bread. Delicious...Scrumptous and more than you can eat. 3 out of 4 of us brought home boxes....Much better than any of the "other" so called BBQ places around.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Veteran member

Mr.Mac9 and I had lunch there today. We had wet ribs, dry ribs, brisket and turkey. The meats were delicious, heavily smoked. The sides were roasted corn, fried okra, western beans and mac n cheese. The first 3 were delicious, but the mac was a little too floury for me.
That's the good part. Service was not so good. Waited 20 minutes for waiter to take our drink order...another twenty for the food order. Our waiter was the bartender, took take out orders, and ran the register. There were 3 waitresses, but we were not in their area. Hopefully, it is because they are new. We asked to see the manager to give him a heads up on the service problem. Our waiter was also the manager! Again, the food was superb and very reasonably priced. They are heads over Sonny's, but we still ove the baby backs at Oakwood. Only regular ribs at Stockyards, no baby backs.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

I went last night and they were pretty busy. No beers on tap, but plenty of bottled beers. I had the 2 meat platter with 2 sides ($12.99). I got the sliced brisket (excellent) and the wet ribs (pretty good and lots of meat on the bones). For the sides I got the fried sweet corn and the twice baked potato (both were great). I ordered it with their spicy sauce which lived up to it's name. Friendly service, even though they were running around like crazy. I am definitely going back!
Old 05-13-2012, 08:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Soft opening

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac9 View Post
Mr.Mac9 and I had lunch there today. We had wet ribs, dry ribs, brisket and turkey. The meats were delicious, heavily smoked. The sides were roasted corn, fried okra, western beans and mac n cheese. The first 3 were delicious, but the mac was a little too floury for me.
That's the good part. Service was not so good. Waited 20 minutes for waiter to take our drink order...another twenty for the food order. Our waiter was the bartender, took take out orders, and ran the register. There were 3 waitresses, but we were not in their area. Hopefully, it is because they are new. We asked to see the manager to give him a heads up on the service problem. Our waiter was also the manager! Again, the food was superb and very reasonably priced. They are heads over Sonny's, but we still ove the baby backs at Oakwood. Only regular ribs at Stockyards, no baby backs.
They are working the bumps out. Hopefully when they see how buisness is they'll have extra workers on. I understand he has another one in Texas.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:26 AM
Veteran member
Default Texas Stockyards

Do they have beef ribs? Living in Memphis over 11 years I've been very deprived.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac9 View Post
I was told that they would be expanding their menu at the grand opening.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:28 PM
Platinum member

I did not see beef ribs on the menu but they sure had some good beef brisket!
Old 05-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Veteran member

Went there again today, had the sweet wet ribs, very good also the peach cobbler desert was very good. My only disappointment is that I was informed that they will only have their spicy ( HOT!) baked beans and only plain white or wheat braed, not Texas toast , unfortunately for us a shame. Also I would think the beans would be too hot for 90% of the " village people" Their reasoning was to keep it just like the other location in Texas. We will go back to Oakwood for now and try Texas again in a few months. Don't get me wrong, it's very good give it a try.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Platinum member

Different strokes for different folks Bill! My husband loves the hot beans! Not me but then again I shy away from any beans!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Sage

We had the smoked chicken and the dry spicy ribs. Everything has a deep, smoked flavor. Loved the spicy beans, too, but we're Texans. The cheddar jalapeno bread was great, too. Will definitely go back.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:02 PM

Where on 441 is this place located?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.