Texas Stockyards BBQ

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Sage

If you are southbound on 441, pass 466 in Lady Lake. It is at the next light on the right-hand side, southwest corner of the intersection. It used to be the location of the "Silver Cricket."
Old 05-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Sage

Texas Stockyards BBQ
360 S. Hwy 27/441
Lady Lake, FL

Bill
Old 07-14-2012, 09:43 AM

Went there last night. Service was great! Food was even better. Excellent brisket.
Eight people in our group and zero complaints. No beer on tap so had a bottle of Shiner Bock. Shiner, Texas memories returned! Not as fancy as Lopez but we loved it. Prices were moderate to cheap. (except that NO bottle of beer is worth $3.25)
Located just south of Par Car dealership in Lady Lake.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Texas Stockyards BBQ
360 S. Hwy 27/441
Lady Lake, FL

Bill
thanks for the address
Old 07-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Never mind..................
Old 07-26-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
Tried this new restaurant tonight after a favorable review on another thread. Having made many trips to Texas and eating a lot of bbq, I gotta say this place comes close. DH had beef brisket, western beans and coleslaw and I tried both wet and dry ribs, twice baked potatoe and slaw. We both really enjoyed everything. Was probably the best ribs I've had anywhere. FYI, there are a lot of "spicy" choices and these do run a bit on the hot side (which pleased DH). The twice baked potatoe seems to be a potatoe casserole made from baked potatoes. Delishous!

Portions are ample and we did bring a box home for lunch tomorrow. Iced tea was good and their yummy bread is homemade!

The place was full but service was good. My fear is they are not going to be big enough to handle the crowd!
We ate there and thought it was awful. The beans were so runny. The was just so so and only had four ribs I didn't think the bread was that good
Old 07-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treva c View Post
We ate there and thought it was awful. The beans were so runny. The was just so so and only had four ribs I didn't think the bread was that good
Welcome to TOTV, first time poster.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
I see this is your first post. If you're new, go south on 441 a little further and try Oakwood.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Also ate there for the first time. Biggest + is the baked potato. The Brisket was quite dry, the Prime Rib overcooked and no Baby Backs on the menu. Turkey sandwich was totally too smoky tasting. Lots of food for the money but not great. From your comments, glad I didn't try the beans.

Can't tell a whole lot about restaurant from reviews posted on TOTV. Many people here are less than discriminating when it comes to food.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:53 AM

We have eaten there several times and have never been disappointed. It is a family owned business that has excellent food for the money. Their beans are Texas style which is not as dry as most and the spice is great. If you go back try the deviled eggs, yummm. We will be going back, love it. Maybe it was just an off day when you went.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Thanks Wendy for the good review. We will try it!

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-27-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newkidinvillages View Post
Also ate there for the first time. Biggest + is the baked potato. The Brisket was quite dry, the Prime Rib overcooked and no Baby Backs on the menu. Turkey sandwich was totally too smoky tasting. Lots of food for the money but not great. From your comments, glad I didn't try the beans.

Can't tell a whole lot about restaurant from reviews posted on TOTV. Many people here are less than discriminating when it comes to food.
I think a more accurate description is that people (everywhere) have different tastes. It's what makes the world go 'round.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default So true

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKat1 View Post
I think a more accurate description is that people (everywhere) have different tastes. It's what makes the world go 'round.
Good barbecue (or any other food for that matter) is a very subjective call. Texas barbecue and Carolina barbecue aren't even close to being the same. Texas barbeque is beef centered while in the South, Pork rules. Texas sauce is a tomato base and Carolina sauce is a mustard base. Texas Stockyard's owners are from Houston near the Louisana border and they have a Cajun kick to their seasonings. When we ate at Texas Stockyards the service was extremely friendly and prompt. The food was good though I didn't love their sauce. I'm sure thr sauce was "good", just not to my taste. Being a Texas girl who has lived in the deep South most of my life, I have enjoyed many different types of barbecue but gotta admit brisket in a tomato brown sugar sauce is my favorite. Now that you have had you barbecue lesson du jour, give Texas Stockyards a try.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljetmet View Post
Do they have beef ribs? Living in Memphis over 11 years I've been very deprived.
Yes, Yes, Yes.....Beef ribs wanted. Please tell us where.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:58 PM

441/27 just south of 466

going away from the villages make a right on 441, it is the second light I believe on the right. Big sign says Texas Stockyards and there is always a full parking lot. Enjoy!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.