Thai Ruby

Closed Thread
Old 12-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I have a serious allergic reaction to eating shellfish of ANY kind. SERIOUS.

I am always a little afraid to go to a restaurant where the hostess and servers speak English as a second language and I hate to go and make a big to-do about it especially in front of friends.

So knowing that I am really not picky, What SAFE dish should I order that has not a teeny tiny bit of lobster, crab, shrimp, oysters, oyster sauce, clams, etc, etc, etc,???

Isn't this great? I have always wanted to find out what would be o.k. to eat there.

P.S. This is another reason why I don't drink alcohol too, It relaxes you a little too much and you have to be so careful at parties about what you are eating.
Gracie:
I agree that the green curry chicken would be a good choice as would the regular curry chicken or the beef curry dish. Beef with brocolli and chicken with cashews would also be a safe bet and the chicken with fresh spring vegetables as well. I have found the servers to be very fluent in english so you should have no problem in communicating your concerns about shellfish.

Thai Ruby in the Villages is their second restaurant as they have one in Tampa as well which also has a great reputation.

Enjoy and let us know how your experience was.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:52 PM

i'd love to try it where is it located
Old 12-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

The family LOVED it and our granddaughter suggested I'd like Chicken Pan Thai with noodles and I loved it.

I will get Green Curry chicken next time.

It is in Lake Sumter Landing. I can't remember which street.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member

My son and family live in HK (daughter in law is indonesian-chinese). They know and love all types of asian foods- Their assesment last summer was that Thai Ruby rates very high with some adjustment for American tastes(less spicy) You must understand ,however, my DIL could swallow burning embers.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.