Thai Ruby

Closed Thread
Old 12-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Default Thai Ruby

I would love to try Thai RUby, my husband is not so adventerous in that dept. If we go to Thai Ruby's any suggestions for him that is on the tame side?
Old 12-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Veteran member
Default Does your husband like regular Chinese food?

If so you can order Pad Tai and ask for it to not be spiced. You can also tell them that you do not want spices on anything you order. The pineapple fried rice is also delicious and very much like chinese fried rice. I think they a very familiar with clientele that doesn't want things spicy. The food is really good and so is the atmosphere. It is one of our favorite places.

LW888
Old 12-14-2011, 06:46 PM

I recommend Thai Ruby. My wife and I had a wonderful lunch there. Since we started going to Thai restaurants we now prefer them to Chinese, and my wife was a diehard Chinese food fan!
Old 12-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Veteran member

Their green curry chicken is sooooo good. I love that place!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:17 AM

I too am a firm supporter of Thai Ruby. It is certainly one on my favorite restaurants. When you place your order just tell the server that your husband does not like spicy food. They are always willing to accommodate.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Try the SP 7, Two friends Panang. Chicken, shrimp in a yellow very mild curry coconut sauce. Excellent.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Sage

Their "Thai Ruby Tilapia" is a wonderful dish. The fish is cooked perfectly and you can have the "heat" from mild to Thai Hot. I get mine at Medium and it has just enough bite to make it interesting.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:30 AM
Platinum member

Cashew Chicken is my fav.
Tampa, FL
Old 12-17-2011, 10:14 AM
Location: Little Rock AR - San Diego CA - Memphis TN - Ft Myers FL - Macon GA, Roswell GA - TV St Charles

Our favorite restaurant in TV. All of their dishes are more mild than any Thai place we have been to and we enjoy their Panang Chicken very much and actually have to ask for it "hot" to get enough kick.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Veteran member
Smile "Thai Ruby Tilapia" is great

We have had the "Thai Ruby Tilapia" twice and its great! If not on menu just ask $ 13.95 last week.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:53 AM
Veteran member

Having lived in Thailand for 5 years, I have an appreciation for good Thai food.

Thai Ruby is a very good restaurant offering many traditional thai dishes as well as "Americanized Thai dishes". Both are very tasty. I have also found that the staff is very accomodating and is pleased to adjust the level of spice and heat as well as improvise on some of the dishes.

Overall, Thai Ruby is a restaurant that will be on my short list when we settle in The Villages.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Send a message via AIM to HelenLCSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackz View Post
Having lived in Thailand for 5 years, I have an appreciation for good Thai food.

Thai Ruby is a very good restaurant offering many traditional thai dishes as well as "Americanized Thai dishes". Both are very tasty. I have also found that the staff is very accomodating and is pleased to adjust the level of spice and heat as well as improvise on some of the dishes.

Overall, Thai Ruby is a restaurant that will be on my short list when we settle in The Villages.
Thanks for the first-hand-experience input --will definitely try it out.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I have a serious allergic reaction to eating shellfish of ANY kind. SERIOUS.

I am always a little afraid to go to a restaurant where the hostess and servers speak English as a second language and I hate to go and make a big to-do about it especially in front of friends.

So knowing that I am really not picky, What SAFE dish should I order that has not a teeny tiny bit of lobster, crab, shrimp, oysters, oyster sauce, clams, etc, etc, etc,???

Isn't this great? I have always wanted to find out what would be o.k. to eat there.

P.S. This is another reason why I don't drink alcohol too, It relaxes you a little too much and you have to be so careful at parties about what you are eating.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I have a serious allergic reaction to eating shellfish of ANY kind. SERIOUS.

I am always a little afraid to go to a restaurant where the hostess and servers speak English as a second language and I hate to go and make a big to-do about it especially in front of friends.

So knowing that I am really not picky, What SAFE dish should I order that has not a teeny tiny bit of lobster, crab, shrimp, oysters, oyster sauce, clams, etc, etc, etc,???

Isn't this great? I have always wanted to find out what would be o.k. to eat there.

P.S. This is another reason why I don't drink alcohol too, It relaxes you a little too much and you have to be so careful at parties about what you are eating.
Their green curry chicken is very good (my wife is not too gastronomically adventurous and she loves it!), just ask them not to make it too spicy--unless you like it that way.

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 12-24-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfn8tly View Post
I too am a firm supporter of Thai Ruby. It is certainly one on my favorite restaurants. When you place your order just tell the server that your husband does not like spicy food. They are always willing to accommodate.
Unless this is a take out order, wouldn't it be more logical if "the husband" told the server he does not like spicy food.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.