a Fly in our Soup?

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2010, 11:49 AM
Default a Fly in our Soup?

One of the big attractions for us in TV is the Restaurants and the value. We own a place that's rented out but we look forward to full timing as soon as we can tear away.

We come down about 10 times a year and stay at our place in the summer and friends' when we are rented out.

Our fridge and our friends' are nearly empty, even though they are health fanatics and published authors in the nutrition and health field.

Except for some simple breakfast, we eat out all the time.
Our favorites are Golden Corral, Ruby Tuesday, Toojays, Bonefish, and even subway and Quiznos - everything's a bike ride away, and the prices here are as affordable as home made.

We'd rather spend the time swimming and riding the bikes than fixing food.

We like all kinds of food, too, and at the places we go there have our more indulgent and some healthier choices to consider just in case we have not worked out enough.

Because one of us is a "few inches too short for the weight" , and we have a daughter and other relatives with diabetes, someone who 'cares about us' forwarded a video of a cowboy that gave us a little shake-up.
We are not sure whether it's 'HOGwash or there is anything to it.

It almost looked like some kind of infomercial, and we were waiting for a pitch for some special diet, supplement, exercise machine, fat farm membership, swest lodge, even a book or dvd, but then it just ended.

It is from a group that is definitely anti-meat, and we are omnivores and even take in our small share of junk food.

We'd rather keep enjoying things the way they are once we come down for the count, but would prefer to live there for a longer time.

If anyone has any feedback, we're looking!

here's the ''scary movie'
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKYPSPUQvr4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKYPSPUQvr4[/ame]

Buon apetito!

L&L
Old 01-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Founder

This is a "for profit" infomercial. I'm curious why you posted it here. What bearing does it have on anything?
Old 01-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Default My thoughts exactly

who cares ?
Old 01-20-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
This is a "for profit" infomercial. I'm curious why you posted it here. What bearing does it have on anything?
Thanks for the follow up TH.

That was the point. we could not see any pitch or things for sale!
Last week there were numerous postings regarding the seminar at the waterfront inn that was for a 'for profit' product, and we accept, respect, and fully understand that they are a paid supporter of TOTV and that's what keeps it going.

we posted it for some peer comments from the group of people whose values and opinions we respect, and thought it might be of interest, no matter what ;'side' anyone has (and we don't have a 'side')

We are seniors like that Cowboy, we do like to eat, we do have health issues.

What bearing does it have?
There have been topics far more remote and far less prevalent on the restaurant and other forums and we appreciate the opportunity to get some feedback.

Topics like this should be of more interest than how much snow is on the ground up here in Maryland - something we'd rather not think about.

We just learned that we became 'senior' TOTV posters with that posting too

Keep up the good work

L&L
Old 01-20-2010, 05:18 PM
Veteran member

Dr. Roizen was at the medical school in Syracuse for a time. I think he is very well respected, but he sure seemed to be a one-trick pony. He "didn't work out" and I think it was because he was so focused on his shtick (h-m-m. something wrong with Catholic girls trying to use Yiddish, but you get what I mean.)

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 01-20-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by another Linda View Post
Dr. Roizen was at the medical school in Syracuse for a time. I think he is very well respected, but he sure seemed to be a one-trick pony. He "didn't work out" and I think it was because he was so focused on his shtick (h-m-m. something wrong with Catholic girls trying to use Yiddish, but you get what I mean.)
Thanks, good to know. Better a doc should be quirky tham quacky?
M-tov on the Yiddish, even the right spelling, you didh't get that in Wheelin' West by-gosh nor Oshkosh! Maybe the same place General Colin Powell learned to speak it fluently - da Bronx.
Soon you might be able to tell the shlameel from the shlamozzle!
L&L
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.