Thai Ruby restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 10-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Default Re: Thai Ruby restaurant

Liked Thai Ruby but now we are going to the new one on 441 near Albertsons. Not fancy but good and reasonally priced food. We like beef and peppers which is not on the menu but they make it for us.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Finally had a chance to try Thai Ruby, loved it.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:58 PM

thai ruby gets my vote for atmosphere but siam orchid beats them for food. ample salads and out of this word peanut salad dressing.
i use go go gourmet alot and am pleased they now deliver from siam orchid.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:55 AM

My wife and I have been there. Food was very mediocre and we did not see the sign about the gratuity on the way in. The waiter may have been observing some Thai customs, but came across very cold and did not enhance the experience. Thankfully, we noticed the gratuity on the check and didn't leave anything extra. We personally don't think gratuities should be added automatically, especially for service for 2 people. We definitely would not have tipped our waiter more than 15%, so we felt cheated by the 18% we were forced to give.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:56 AM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.

We ate there last March and enjoyed it. I have to admit I don't remember anything about the gratuity.... maybe someone else paid lol.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:37 AM
Default New Chef?

Dinner at TR last week was pretty horrible. Phad Thai was covered with a sickly sweet sauce that tasted of burnt cardboard. Likewise the sweet & sour chicken was a fiasco. This is not at all like the food we were served last year - 2009. Won't be going back for a while.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech07 View Post
My wife and I have been there. Food was very mediocre and we did not see the sign about the gratuity on the way in. The waiter may have been observing some Thai customs, but came across very cold and did not enhance the experience. Thankfully, we noticed the gratuity on the check and didn't leave anything extra. We personally don't think gratuities should be added automatically, especially for service for 2 people. We definitely would not have tipped our waiter more than 15%, so we felt cheated by the 18% we were forced to give.
We ate there last week and food was very good. As for the gratuity being included, there was a notice posted that stated "As of September 2009 (I believe that was the date) gratuity is no longer included". Someone must have "listened" to our complaints..
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.