Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Thanksgiving Dinner (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/thanksgiving-dinner-273434/)

600th Photo Sq 09-30-2018 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryLBell (Post 1586043)
We had a decent meal at Cody's in Brownwood on Thanksgiving the year before last. We were just down for the week, moving a trailer-load of stuff into the house a few months before we retired and weren't able to cook much of a Thanksgiving dinner on our own so we went out. It was a gorgeous day and a nice meal. It wasn't a buffet, but then we weren't looking to stuff ourselves. I would imagine they'll be doing something similar this year, as will most restaurants in the area.

Cody's ? You cannot possibly be serious. Our neighborhood had Thanksgiving there last year and it was by far the Worst !

The choice was Turkey or Ham..the Turkey came out all white 3 slices..perfectly sliced each one the same.. I asked so where is the dark me...reply...we are all out it.

The Turkey was pressed Turkey out of the bag..microwave.

golf2140 09-30-2018 10:52 AM

Bonifay has a great spread.

photo1902 09-30-2018 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryLBell (Post 1586043)
We had a decent meal at Cody's in Brownwood on Thanksgiving the year before last. We were just down for the week, moving a trailer-load of stuff into the house a few months before we retired and weren't able to cook much of a Thanksgiving dinner on our own so we went out. It was a gorgeous day and a nice meal. It wasn't a buffet, but then we weren't looking to stuff ourselves. I would imagine they'll be doing something similar this year, as will most restaurants in the area.

We did the same thing a few years ago when company was in town. Placed the order, picked it up, and enjoyed it at home.

graciegirl 09-30-2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFSkol (Post 1585995)
I'm a traditionalist.

:1rotfl::1rotfl::clap2:

Bill32 09-30-2018 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1585966)
We always smoke a turkey wrapped in thick bacon with a citrus stuffing--great

.....and about what time will it be ready...??:icon_wink:

Chatbrat 09-30-2018 06:16 PM

Never know till the remote thermometer says done--then we wrap in thick foil, put a couple of towels sound it, put it in a big cooler and after a period of time--slice it & enjoy

best turkey ever

thelegges 09-30-2018 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1586181)
Never know till the remote thermometer says done--then we wrap in thick foil, put a couple of towels sound it, put it in a big cooler and after a period of time--slice it & enjoy

best turkey ever

Do you brine? I always brine before I smoke, or fry. Have not used bacon, but if I smoke this year I will give it a try.