Thanksgiving dinner suggestions

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2011, 07:53 AM
Question Thanksgiving dinner suggestions

A friend is visiting me over Thanksgiving. Last year we went to Glenview & much to my surprise, because I've had wonderful meals there, we were very disappointed. I'm hoping others will have had some good experiences elsewhere & will share that information. Thank you in advance!
Old 09-30-2011, 08:19 AM
Sage

We had a wonderful, reasonably priced meal at Palmer last year. Would definitely go back.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:32 AM

This is going to sound funny, but my husband and I went to Golden Corral. It was great. The food was wonderful and it was the usual prices. We'd go back this year but we have family coming in so I'm cooking.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:39 AM
Sage

A thread on the topic with some posters' feedback from last Thanksgiving:

Nancy Lopez left something to be desired!

Bill
Old 10-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Gold member
Default Thanksgiving Dinner

We recently celebrated our wedding anniversary at Vic's Ember's on 441 and went away thrilled with the 2 delicious meals we had. We couldn't have asked for anything to be prepared or taste any better. DW had filet mignon w/ lobster tail and I had prime rib. All were melt in your mouth servings with large portions. We checked and they will be serving Thanksgiving Dinner and I think a group of us will be heading there.
Skip 2
Old 10-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Platinum member

Last year we got together with some neighbors and we ordered the complete, cooked Thanksgiving dinner from Red Sauce. I think it was $70-79 for each dinner. We got 2 and everyone even got leftovers to take home. It included a cooked (and still warm when we got it) turkey, stuffing, gravy, rolls, cranberry sauce, real mashed potatoes, butternut squash and a pie (choice of apple or pumpkin). We added peas, corn, creamed onions and hors d'oeuvres and wine. What an easy Thanksgiving Day. We will do again if offered.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Gold member

raynan, I really like that idea to get the fully cooked meal. Altho this year we will be eating turkey day dinner in Franklin !!
Old 10-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Veteran member

We went last year to Terra DeSol and had a very good meal. Can't remember the price, but I know it was not expensive.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
Last year we got together with some neighbors and we ordered the complete, cooked Thanksgiving dinner from Red Sauce. I think it was $70-79 for each dinner. We got 2 and everyone even got leftovers to take home. It included a cooked (and still warm when we got it) turkey, stuffing, gravy, rolls, cranberry sauce, real mashed potatoes, butternut squash and a pie (choice of apple or pumpkin). We added peas, corn, creamed onions and hors d'oeuvres and wine. What an easy Thanksgiving Day. We will do again if offered.
Sounds good, but a little pricey considering you still had to serve and clean up?
Old 10-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Gold member

Just called Vic Embers and they are doing Thanksgiving dinner turkey and ham for $17.95 per person. Has anyone ever had their Thanksgiving dinner there care to comment?
Old 10-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Platinum member

A number of years ago (before I actually moved to TV), I came down to celebrate T'giving with my brother. He and his wife ordered a complete T'giving dinnner from Publix. We had a simply splendid meal, with the only difficulty being working out the logistics of which menu item(s) needed to be heated at xxx-degrees and which at xxx+25 degrees!

In the end, everything worked out; we had a superb time; and, we ate very well!

Since then, I have been aboard a cruise ship for the Day! I love the option, even though I acknowledge that many folks don't think that a cruise line can do the job correctly!

One year: several lobster tails rather than turkey! Worked superbly for me!

SWR
Old 10-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Gold member

Spent our 1st Thanksgiving in TV with our, then, new neighbors at Palmer sitting outside on the patio. While the dinner was very good and plentiful these four CT transplants had a great time absorbing the time spent comfortably sitting outside at Thanksgiving.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.