Are there any good Italian restaurants around?

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Eternal Member

My wife and I have tried a number of the places mentioned that are cart accessible and car accessible. We still prefer Olive Garden over all of the choices.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:27 PM

Yes, I think Red Sauce is a great choice for Italian in the Villages!
Old 04-10-2010, 08:47 PM

Don't forget Traditions Cafe in Wildwood for excellent lasagna and chicken parm among other Italian entress. Quiet, not rushed, white table cloth restaurant. Closed Sunday & Monday; open for lunch and dinner.

Well worth the car trip to Wildwood - about 3 miles west on 466A from Buena Vista and 1 mile south on 301.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
There is no way i could call Olive Garden my favorite Italian restaurant. Not with all the fine places in the North End of Boston or even Federal Hill in Providence.

BUT - OG is certainly consistant. Not great but very good.
Never been to fedral hill but La famiglia in the north end of beantown is my favorite..and by the way pizza in florida isn't good at all!! I miss good pizza
Old 04-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucson View Post
BRAVO'S is the best in the villages. I was told by one of the waiters that the owners are from NYC and I think that's why they stand out from the others.
Mrs.Bosoxfan & I went to Bravo and absolutely disagree!!We had a pizza that wasn't good at all & was on the expensive side.Never tried anything but their pizza & don't intend on doing so !!
Old 04-11-2010, 08:10 AM
Sage

I just gotta brag! STAVRO'S in Leesburg has absolutely the best Italian food I have had in this area. The food was incredible, they give you huge portions, and it was very inexpensive. Definitely worth the ride!!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Eternal Member

What is it about Italian food that makes it the best for you? Flavor, presentation, etc? I have eaten at many Italian restaurants and it sees that some go for each.

One of the best Italian restaurants I ate at was Don's 21 in Newark. But the best meal I had there was the Chicken Murphy - chicken with hot cherry peppers - not necessarily an Italian dish.

I judge the Italian restaurants by their Chicken Parmesan. Olive Garden has a crisp and tasty Chicken Parmesan - much tastier than Carrabba's.

Bravos is too expensive and pedestrian for me.

Little Joey's Chicken Parm was soggy. Napoili's (in Spanish Plaines) was tasteless and inconsistent - one entrée got a salad and the other entrée did not. Go figure.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Gold member

I know and Italian chef in New York who refuses to put chicken parm on the menu. He considers it too pedestrian. He considers is pizzeria food. He also doesn't serve pizza. Same reason. He has definite thoughts about what should be served in an upscale Italian restaurant. His menu constantly changes but even though some customers have asked for these items, and he will make chicken parm as a special order, he never puts them on the menu. His restaurant is always busy.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.