Is there a quiet place?

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Veteran member

Other places that have a bar area that is more or less quiet, with piped-in mood music, by late evening are Ruby Tuesdays', Carrabbas, Longhorn Steakhouse, and Fridays'; plus perhaps some of the country clubs. Longhorn probably stays open the latest - I think until 11 PM most nights. It would be nice if there was a piano bar here. Garvino's probably comes the closest to that, although it doesn't stay open very late.

Another thing to consider is that The Villages offers some different experiences that are not easy to replicate in other places where we came from, so we can enjoy new and different entertainment opportunities instead of just trying to duplicate the kind of experiences we are used to from where we moved from; such as having drinks/appetizers on the outdoor patio areas, which often are quieter by late evening, at Red Sauce, Lighthouse, RJ Gators, Margarita Republic, etc; and being able to enjoy looking out over beautiful Lake Sumter or enjoying the lights and charm of the squares.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:11 AM
Veteran member

Good recommendations! I will keep a few numbers on me in the glove compartment and I will call ahead of time...you open? Is it quiet? Am I sounding like a senior? I'm still in my 50's folks! I just married an older dude. LOL. Marry older and you get here sooner.

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Old 03-28-2011, 02:50 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
This sounds like a business opportunity. Nice bar, good wine selection, good selection of appetizers, quiet soft music, piano, intimate atmosphere, stay open late, why hasn't someone done this? This and high end place for special occasions could really do well in TV. I would do it, but I would eat and drink all the profits.
From what I've heard, it is extremely expensive to run a business in TV and you have to have lots of money coming in just to break even with the costs of the building lease, the share you must give the developer, etc. I don't know if a quiet bar would gain the necessary constant revenue it would need to survive in the confines of TV.

That's got to be why Jersey Mike's closed, even though they had a good product. I'm guessing they couldn't draw the constant high revenue required to pay the bills.

I wish there was even a Beef O'Brady's that stayed open to at least midnight in TV, where you could hang out, have a drink and a nosh in a quiet social atmosphere.

I love it here in TV, but I still can't get over the fact that at 9 pm the majority of TV is off the grid. We're done partying here when for most of my life that was when the party began.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:37 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Is there a quiet place

Is there a quiet place in TV? Yes. For me its my home. Good luck finding a quiet place outside your home, unless you want to hang around the town center after everyone leaves......and were not even completely built out yet
Old 03-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post

We're done partying here when for most of my life that was when the party began.
True Richie, but for most of your life you haven't been a wrinklie! I understand what you're saying, I'm a night person also.

TV is definitely geared for morning people. It amazes me how most of the Rec Centre activities are early morning. And that many people pop out of bed at 7AM to golf, jog and play pickleball.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
True Richie, but for most of your life you haven't been a wrinklie! I understand what you're saying, I'm a night person also.

TV is definitely geared for morning people. It amazes me how most of the Rec Centre activities are early morning. And that many people pop out of bed at 7AM to golf, jog and play pickleball.
I know, tell me about it. I get up a little sleepy-eyed and go out for the paper in the driveway and peppy people are jogging and waving good morning and I hear the whacking of the balls from the pickleball courts down the road and am always amazed.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:34 PM

Count Bonefish out. Went there last night (6 of us) for dinner at 8:30.
Very loud AND Rock music blaring in the background (if you call it music). We couldn't hear any conversation and the I found myself shoveling in the food to the fast beat of the.....music.
I asked them 3 x's at please turn it down. Finally someone did.
I love their food, but this will keep me from going back.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Platinum member

Quiet is, probably, impossible.

I frequent a group who like to go out to dinner together after our "high-brow" meeting. We'd like to be able to converse without shouting.

Recently, we changed our meeting venue so that Olive Garden became the dinner venue of choice. While there's no loud, loud music there, there are so many other folks dining that the decibel level is distressingly high!

Seems to me that a "quiet" venue isn't going to happen. Not even chez moi! When my family come for Christmas Eve Dinner, the decibel level increases astronomically!

SWR
Old 04-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Red face A piano bar would be a great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
I believe the Hacienda CC Pool Bar is open until Midnight.

Also heard that Applees is open late too.

Thank you. Good information. Anything that isn't another chain restaurant would be wonderful. A piano bar! What a great idea!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:17 PM

I find it interesting that TV is a 55+ community, but the entertainment is set to draw in "younger" outsiders?

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."----John Wesley
Old 08-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhredd1654 View Post
I find it interesting that TV is a 55+ community, but the entertainment is set to draw in "younger" outsiders?
Very astute observation. The music in the squares will be geared toward younger residents just like radio stations stopped playing music from the early days of rock-n-roll.

I hope the piano bar idea does not go the way on the dinosaurs but the times are a changin.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Sage

Hey, as long as we have running water and flush toilets in the restrooms on the Squares, I'll be happy!

Bill
Old 08-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Hey, as long as we have running water and flush toilets in the restrooms on the Squares, I'll be happy!

Bill
Ditto but one can dream.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Gold member

Just curious..since there are so many clubs in TV, why can't there be a "Piano Bar Club"...in actuality, no piano but we could meet in the squares, maybe bring card tables with candles...our own drinks...and quietly spend the evenings amongst friends. Is this possible? We could bring CDs to have music playing quietly in the background....and the cost for an evening out would be minimal. Is there a curfew in the squares? Can you tell that I spend most of my time here in Michigan making plans for TV? Oh, by the way...I do have a keyboard...but the only things I can play are Happy Birthday and Hang Down Your Head Tom Dooley....that would probably get old pretty quick.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Default Any ideas on where to go after 9 p.m. for guests in their late 30's

We're having guests who are in their late 30's who might want to go out somewhere after the squares close down at 9. Someone mentioned that Margarita Republic in Spanish Springs attracts young people but I'm thinking they are younger, maybe in their early 20's??

I'm wondering if there is one of the restaurants in Lake Sumter Landing that has karaoke---it would be for Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday nights. They won't be here on a weekend.

Any suggestions that I can pass along to them will be appreciated. Thanks.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.