Three Restaurants gone this week

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2020, 08:09 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,755 Times in 3,630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M. Acaron View Post
Demshars quality food was horrible.. poor presentation. Customer service mediocre at its best...... The price of their dishes was fine but not a single time we visited we were satisfied..... we gave them many opportunities.... They needed to learn from The Chop House.

Neither of the three restaurants were any good......... just mediocre........ Hopefully some High end restaurant will take over their space....

I see some posters liked the place, but I agree with your description. It's the second shop I was not a fan of in that location.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooner View Post
Toojays - many times
Denshars - Went once, not worth a return trip
Cody’s - once, disgusting
Re: Cody's......what was disgusting? Was it the food, service, cleanliness of the restaurant or something else?

Just yesterday, hubby and I went to Cody's in Brownwood. (our usual Cody's is LSL) The Baby Back ribs were so meaty and juicy with the most delicious BBQ sauce generously slathered on them. The endless salad was delicious and fresh as usual. Hubby's side of cole slaw was creamy and so delicious. My sweet baked potato was cooked to perfection. The rolls were great as usual with the delicious cinnamon spread. The restaurant and restroom were immaculate and the service was very attentive.

I never did go to the Cody's that has been closed. The Cody's website says that location is "temporarily closed" so we will see what the future brings.

The only issue I have with Cody's is the installation of the plexiglass on the back of their booths to minimize the air from entering your dining space from people in adjacent booths. Rather than having the plexiglass sit flush on the top of the booth backs, there is a large gap between the bottom of the plexiglass and the top of the booth. Seems that large gap is defeating the purpose of putting up the plexiglass. All other restaurants hubby and I have been do have installed their plexiglass so there is no gap at all, creating a safer environment from the adjacent booths.

We have been dining in Cody's LSL for many years and have never had a bad meal.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

We who were overly fortunate with our lifestyle before The Virus should be patient even though its difficult and be a good example for our family's and those around us. Having an opinion and stating it on this Forum is what it is all about I believe.

Giving oxygen to the shameful remarks of some will help them grow into gigantic disasters for Our Forum. Just like several of the poster who have recently taken a powder. Their absence has made our Forum much better again. They sometimes don't put themselves in the other person's shoes. What kind of letter should be left outside of any business that is closing? A Love Letter? I don't think so. Maybe the person who penned the letter just had to lay off the people who made him look good for years. Just like the Posters who have left us other restaurants will fill the spots these empty ones will leave. Spanish Springs is not finished. The Virus is not finished either.

It all is a shame but Demshars, TooJays, and Codys didn't order up the current Pandemic. It wasn't even on the menu. I predict that everything will end up being just fine for everyone involved in the end. Let time play out. How many imminent disasters were lurking over our community? Many is the answer and we're still here so far living a good life. Any bit of news sends some of us into a frenzy.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M. Acaron View Post
Demshars quality food was horrible.. poor presentation. Customer service mediocre at its best...... The price of their dishes was fine but not a single time we visited we were satisfied..... we gave them many opportunities.... They needed to learn from The Chop House.

Neither of the three restaurants were any good......... just mediocre........ Hopefully some High end restaurant will take over their space....
A group of us went to Demshar's for a holiday dinner last year. I was not impressed with the extra condiment I had requested that arrived in a little plastic cup. That cup is what is used for take out condiments, not an indoor dining experience. Never went back.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
Well the negative comments, will be from those who consistently make them...then they will complain there is no restaurants to go to next...Covid has made life difficult for all, but kicking a business when it’s down....really, smdh
Had to Google "smdh". I'm too old to try to figure out those acronyms.
Old 09-12-2020, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
What one has to ask is in 2019 how many times did one frequent the three restaurants. I’ll go first

Too Jays SS once

Demshars SS twice

Cody’s Zero

Let’s throw in KBs Since 2007 have been there 3 times

None of these was about cost, for us it’s the food, nothing spectacular just a average. So we definitely didn’t contribute to keeping them open
So your saying the only places worth saving are the ones with fancy over price menus.
Old 09-12-2020, 09:27 AM

The person wishing for "High End" restaurants should realize that many of the Villigers cannot afford the high end restaurants and are satisfied with the food offered at the "Lower End" restaurants.
Old 09-12-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooner View Post
Toojays, Spanish Springs

Demshars, Spanish Springs

Cody’s , Mulberry
And there will be more
Old 09-12-2020, 09:51 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Demshars closed before this week. They had a "nasty-gram" on their little message board outside the store where they usually put the menu blaming customers for not coming to the Square (like it was our "fault" that they had no business). That was over a week ago.
I did see the Nastygram with attitude like that and opening at a new location under a different name I will venture to say they will not be reopening. Not a very goodvBusiness Practice for supporting and future customers
Old 09-12-2020, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

I'm fine with Spanish Springs getting a new higher-end place to dine. I don't think Demshar's was all that great, but something better at a similar price point would be appropriate. There are plenty of places in SS where we can get lower-priced tasty food, no matter how big or small the microwave oven is, no matter how many crates of frozen food they keep in their walk-in, whatever else. Gator's is awesome for their wings and chopped salad. World of Beer has flatbread Fridays and I like their steak flatbread almost as much as I like City Fire's flatbread. Margerita's, when they don't overcook it, has an enormous, very tasty fried fish sandwich. These menu items start at $5 (flatbread on Fridays before 5pm) and don't go over $12 (the fish sandwich with a side order). Ay Jalisco will give you a nice-sized steak taco with refries and rice, chips and a MUCH-improved salsa over their previous incarnation, for under $6.

If I wanted to dine out every day, I would consider these too expensive. But for a weekly or once every other week treat, they are a great option to cooking at home.
Old 09-12-2020, 10:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
A group of us went to Demshar's for a holiday dinner last year. I was not impressed with the extra condiment I had requested that arrived in a little plastic cup. That cup is what is used for take out condiments, not an indoor dining experience. Never went back.
You never went back because of how they served extra condiments?
Old 09-12-2020, 11:14 AM

We've had to limit our eating-out because of limited healthy choices. Some places have become off-limits because there is too much salt. So many residents have health problems that eating at home is a necessity with going out being for the occasional treat. Plus, you have to remember that the Lifestyle was for affordable options which country clubs and high-end dining are not. We're sorry that Sweet Tomatoes couldn't stay open.
Old 09-12-2020, 11:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Condiments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
You never went back because of how they served extra condiments?
Amazing!!!
Old 09-12-2020, 11:30 AM

The truck is now gone.
Old 09-12-2020, 12:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holpat39 View Post
The person wishing for "High End" restaurants should realize that many of the Villigers cannot afford the high end restaurants and are satisfied with the food offered at the "Lower End" restaurants.
We are not gourmets and happy with simple choices like burgers and pizza.

High end restaurants really do nothing for us.
Closed Thread

Tags
spanish, springs, restaurants, week, toojays

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.