Tierra del Sol Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2015, 11:22 PM
Gold member
Default Tierra del Sol Restaurant

We recently had an absolutely terrible dining experience there. Our food arrived two hours after we ordered it, and everyone agreed it was lousy-- cheap, gristly cuts of meat poorly seasoned. When we asked to speak to the owner, she begrudgingly offered us a $5 discount, but no real apology, and pointed out that we had eaten the food. She conveniently ignored the fact that after a two-hour wait we would have eaten dog food-- which our meal tasted like. A truly disastrous evening.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:37 PM
Sage

You waited two hours? And then you ate all of it even though you think it tasted like dog food?
Old 01-16-2015, 01:18 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

You really waited for two whole hours to be served your meal? I've never experienced more than a twenty minute wait at any visit there. What did the manager say? If I actually waited two hours to eat I would have been pretty well smashed and on the floor by then.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:39 AM
Sage

My only problem with Tierra Del Sol is the lack of cleanliness of the wood trim on the bar--there are crumbs and other debris embedded in the edges of the trim and the finish is sticky to the touch
Old 01-16-2015, 08:02 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
You waited two hours? And then you ate all of it even though you think it tasted like dog food?
Yeah. Pretty stupid in retrospect.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:46 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
My only problem with Tierra Del Sol is the lack of cleanliness of the wood trim on the bar--there are crumbs and other debris embedded in the edges of the trim and the finish is sticky to the touch
I agree with you, but I do not think it's the restaurant owners fault. The Villages has re modeled some of the restaurants (Hacienda, Orange Blossom) and they should be looking at Tierra Del Sol for remodeling. The whole bar, and restaurant need sprucing up!! I think the owner rents from The Villages? (I could be wrong) As far as "Waiting Two Hours" for food, there must have been a lot of drinking while waiting!!! He He I'm not sure if I would wait "Two Hours" for food, and then eat it, even though it was terrible. Hopefully they will compensate them better then what they offered!!
Old 01-16-2015, 08:54 AM
Eternal Member

I would definitely not wait 2 hours for food.
If it was taking that long, that's a pre warning to expect problems.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:34 AM

Was the place crowded - were there tables available? After an hour, I would have left. You could call the county health inspector and tell them about the bar and about the crumbs. If that's what the bar looks like, just imagine what the kitchen looks like. Just saying.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:26 AM

Sorry to hear you had problems. Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like a place to avoid!
Old 01-16-2015, 11:43 AM
Gold member

Am I wrong, aren't there managers in these locations? Just because a place is old there is no reason for it not to be clean. Crumbs stuck on a bar rail? Bartender please. If there is a delay,manager , waitress should at least tell you.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:02 PM
Sage

About the cleanliness problem--it has been brought to management's attention several times--they just give us a courtesy shrug--and the crumbs are wedged in-between the wood and the counter-- the only cleaning appears to be a wipe down with a damp rag
Old 01-16-2015, 01:07 PM
Gold member

It is always good to check out the restrooms before you order. If they are not clean I doubt the kitchen is either.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
About the cleanliness problem--it has been brought to management's attention several times--they just give us a courtesy shrug--and the crumbs are wedged in-between the wood and the counter-- the only cleaning appears to be a wipe down with a damp rag
Shrug to me means ,what do you want me to do? Or that's just the way it is.
just don't go back there. It's their loss.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:09 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
We recently had an absolutely terrible dining experience there. Our food arrived two hours after we ordered it, and everyone agreed it was lousy-- cheap, gristly cuts of meat poorly seasoned. When we asked to speak to the owner, she begrudgingly offered us a $5 discount, but no real apology, and pointed out that we had eaten the food. She conveniently ignored the fact that after a two-hour wait we would have eaten dog food-- which our meal tasted like. A truly disastrous evening.
Listen to Judge Judy any day of the week and you get the answer, "You ate the steak, you do not get a refund."

Two hour wait for the food after ordering it? Pass the salt shaker? Who waits two hours after ordering without asking about it?
Old 01-18-2015, 10:19 AM

I'm with sandtrap, if you ate the meal, you owe for the meal.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.