Tierra del sol very disappointing

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2011, 04:58 PM

We visited in April and went to the breakfast buffet. It was great. There was one large table dedicated to baked goods...it was scrumptous. Will definately visit for breakfast again when we become full-time residents in July.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:14 PM

We complete a year in TV next week and do our fair share of eating out. We have had one bad experience, period. That was a breakfast buffet at Tierra, where not only was the food horrible the service was worse. We have not missed many places either, other than Ocala and Leesburg areas. Favorite? Can not single any place out.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Veteran member

All the meals I have had at Tierra Del Sol have been very good. The eggplant parm is one of the best in the area. I really do enjoy the Sunday brunch buffet. For $10.95, you have all the breakfast items plus carved steamship round of beef and ham. There are also all the wonderful fresh baked pastries by Peter.

Someone complained it was hot outside and lizards were on the ground? Unless they were the Nile Monitor Lizards (4 feet long), who cares about a gecko. Afraid he is going to sell you insurance?
Old 05-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Default Tiera DelSol.

WE will never go back again. Each meal we had was horrible. Our friends thought so too. It needs to be torn down and started over with new management. We have had better food at Johnny Rockets so that says it all.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8tpw View Post
We complete a year in TV next week and do our fair share of eating out. We have had one bad experience, period. That was a breakfast buffet at Tierra, where not only was the food horrible the service was worse. We have not missed many places either, other than Ocala and Leesburg areas. Favorite? Can not single any place out.
After four winter seasons in TV, we've tried just about everywhere. Tierra Del Sol got scratched from our list a long time ago. The only restaurant I always enjoy, and which never disappoints me, is Bonefish Grill. On one occasion our dinners were delayed. Bonefish provided them at no charge and also comped us all for free appetizers for the next visit.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Default A Good Experience

We have eaten at TDS four times now and have had only positive experiences. Good food and good service. Entertainment was also very nice.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Default Japanese steakhouse in Sumter

We also went there and had a wonderful meal. Now here's a hint: go for lunch, price is almost half and the portions are only slightly less! One of our favorites here in TV!
Old 07-06-2011, 07:34 AM
Default good food in the villages

It's like rolling the dice if you are going to have a good meal and service any time you dine out in TV. Living in TV 10 years and we try to stay out of all restaurants.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:46 AM
Veteran member

I remembered asking for "bread" with our soup. Here the owner is a baker....NOPE...no bread. We DO NOT serve bread at lunch. Crackers! You make sandwiches don't you? Maybe we should have asked for a soup sandwich? The owner is REALLY rude but can kiss up fantastically when you've ordered lobster. Olive Garden is a better choice!!

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Old 07-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Veteran member

Duke says he has been living in The Villages for 10 years and tries to stay out of restaurants? Does he do all the cooking or insist Mrs. Duke does the cooking?

Well over 100 restaurants in The Villages, Duke. Lots of good ones that sure beat cooking at home. Try Bonefish Grill, try McCalls Tavern, try Glenview CC, try Nancy Lopez CC. All are excellent.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety Bird View Post
I remembered asking for "bread" with our soup. Here the owner is a baker....NOPE...no bread. We DO NOT serve bread at lunch. Crackers! You make sandwiches don't you? Maybe we should have asked for a soup sandwich? The owner is REALLY rude but can kiss up fantastically when you've ordered lobster. Olive Garden is a better choice!!
Tweety - that story (the soup sandwich part) reminds me of a Jack Nicholson movie....
Old 08-25-2011, 12:38 PM

last Sat (8/20) we ate at Tierra del Sol with neighbors - none of us had a good meal (miedocore at best for some of the meals - I could not cut my husband's veal (veal parmagnia) - it was one of the specials. We arrived at 6:20 and didn't leave until 8:50 - It took over ½ hour to be seated (at a table that was empty the whole time) - drinks came after another ½ to 3/4 hour - I had to ask twice for water. My husband ordered a glass of wine when his salad came - it was delivered when we were finished eating. The waiter asked if we wanted the piece of veal wrapped & I told him that I couldn't cut it so no. One would think that the chef or manager would have been summoned after that comment - but I guess not. I asked the waiter if they were short staffed and he said no (you would think that he should know good service ='s tips - but I guess not). The music was good - but way too loud. We knew nother group that got there shortly before us (they were seated after us) - they said their met was ok but the potatoes were lousy. Not a cheap dinner & it was the worst dinner we've had in The Villages since getting here in April. I will not be in any hurry to go there again.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Tweety - that story (the soup sandwich part) reminds me of a Jack Nicholson movie....
I think that was Five Easy Pieces...he wanted wheat toast....and the conversation ended with him ordering a chicken salad (?) sandwich (which came on wheat toast) hold the chicken salad. I believe he suggested to the waitress what she could do with the chicken salad and it was not polite...LOL
Old 09-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Unhappy

I can honestly say I have never had a good meal at Tierra del sol. We will never go back.

Pete
Old 09-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnefile View Post
I can honestly say I have never had a good meal at Tierra del sol. We will never go back.

Pete
We went there last night with 2 other couples and the food was wonderful and we each had something different. The entertainment was great; the singer had a magnificent voice. We were also there on Sunday and had great meals then as well.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.