Too Jays Spanish Springs

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2015, 01:22 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Too Jays Spanish Springs

This is not a post about bad food or service. While I wouldn't call TJ food great, I've always found it to be good with good service. Ate there last night. We discovered a bug in the salad. Odds are it had flown in and just picked our table. We were done with the salad so no big deal. We did ask for the manager to let him know just in case it did come from the kitchen. He offered us a free dessert, which we refused. Imagine our surprise when he took 20% off our total tab, which included a loaf of rye bread to take home. This is definitely a way to keep people coming back and creates nothing but warm fuzzies. So, just a shout out for someone going above and beyond.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-11-2015, 01:27 PM

Good to know....
Old 03-11-2015, 01:33 PM
Sage

I have some friends who told me they never wanted to eat at Toojay's. They said they ate at a south Florida location and the food was terrible.

One day I convinced them to go to TJ's in LSL, and they have changed their opinion.

Love their beef cabbage soup.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-11-2015, 01:43 PM
Email Reported As Spam

The manager's gesture was nice but I guarantee you s/he believed they got away cheap. One of the concerns for people in the business of food products are these type of claims. I found a mouse in my ........... I got food poisoning from eating your chicken......there was a spider in my container of yogurt Professional claimants make a nice living this way until they get caught.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
The manager's gesture was nice but I guarantee you s/he believed they got away cheap. One of the concerns for people in the business of food products are these type of claims. I found a mouse in my ........... I got food poisoning from eating your chicken......there was a spider in my container of yogurt Professional claimants make a nice living this way until they get caught.
I don't think this was the case here. We went out of our way to assure him we didn't have a problem, just that we wanted to give him a head's up. He left our table. The waitress brought our bill and the discount was just there with no hint it was coming. I'm sure we could have raised a stink and had our dinner comped but that obviously wasn't our intent. In this case, the manager took it upon himself to make sure he had happy customers and certainly succeeded in my book.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-11-2015, 02:09 PM
Gold member

It was our very first visit to TooJay's in Lake Sumter Landing when the manager stopped by our table with two boxes of mixed desserts. I asked what the occasion was. She said that she had noticed that we had waited a long time for a table and she thought, because we were so patient, that we should get this small token of TooJay's appreciation. Wow, how nice.

To be totally honest, neither of us noticed that we waited a long time. This act of good customer relations has been a big part of TooJay's being one of favorite restaurants. We go there often and usually take visiting guests there as well.

Oh, the real reason we keep going back to TooJay's is that we really like the selection and preparation of their food. We like both locations, but LSL is our favorite.

Xavier
Old 03-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post

Love their beef cabbage soup.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-11-2015, 03:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
This is not a post about bad food or service. While I wouldn't call TJ food great, I've always found it to be good with good service. Ate there last night. We discovered a bug in the salad. Odds are it had flown in and just picked our table. We were done with the salad so no big deal. We did ask for the manager to let him know just in case it did come from the kitchen. He offered us a free dessert, which we refused. Imagine our surprise when he took 20% off our total tab, which included a loaf of rye bread to take home. This is definitely a way to keep people coming back and creates nothing but warm fuzzies. So, just a shout out for someone going above and beyond.
Was it a spider? Maybe they were using Webb lettuce.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
How about, "I found a human thumb in my chili."?
Old 03-11-2015, 04:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Was it a spider? Maybe they were using Webb lettuce.
Unless you know something about spiders I don't, don't think so. Dougie, we gotta teach you how to read. I did say it probably flew in. Sheesh!

Old 03-11-2015, 04:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Unless you know something about spiders I don't, don't think so. Dougie, we gotta teach you how to read. I did say it probably flew in. Sheesh!
Fly flew in to eat the spider trapped in the Webb lettuce. Dee, you getting a little snarky. I like it!!
Old 03-11-2015, 05:03 PM
Veteran member

Our server at the Sumter Landing location overheard us talking about having to head to the airport in a couple of hours. The manager stopped by our table with a box of cookies and told us to get back here soon!
Wow...imagine that...Excellent customer service...and good food too!
Old 03-11-2015, 06:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Fly flew in to eat the spider trapped in the Webb lettuce. Dee, you getting a little snarky. I like it!!
Only to you dahlink. I know you can take it. (Well, there are the misguided Republicans but they really don't get it when I'm being snarky.)

Old 03-11-2015, 06:50 PM
Gold member

The manager probably appreciated the fact that you didn't demand the entire meal taken off your bill after eating the whole thing so you'd get from them a new meal you're too full to eat, and demand they box it to take home for tomorrow.

That's what happens all too often.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:57 PM
Veteran member

TooJays gave us 2 boxed pastries last summer.. I think because it was Aug and they welcomed our business. We asked why and it was never explained but we enjoyed !!!!
isn't it - only mad dogs and englishmen go out in the summer heat??? we are neither ( well, I won't swear on the mad dog part)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.