Toojays corned beef

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2017, 06:49 PM
Gold member
Default But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
Surely you knew a joke when you saw it.

The fact is that there are dozens of "Jewish style deli's" in Florida that are more than adequate. The purist declaration that they don't measure up to those in New York can only evoke a response of "So what? We aren't in New York."

And that gets very close to the bumper sticker that says, "We don't care how you did it up north."

At least here you can go in to TooJay's and order potato pancakes, cheese blintzes, chopped chicken liver, and matzo ball soup. Try going to New York and ordering grits, ropa vieja, a deviled crab or a Cuban sandwich.
1. You can get grits in NY. You of course will immediately be accused of being a tourist. Cuban sandwich every 711 has them. Ropa Vieja-I must admit I do not even know what that is but on a dare if you will pay my airfare and hotel bills I could find it. .
2. As to NY or Florida for that matter, every place is different when you are on vacation or retired. Imagine those PEOPLE doing roofs, repairing air conditioning etc on our 98 degree days with 80% humidity

TRUTH-before 9/11 I went into a luncheonette just off Bway and 34th st. All over the walls was Arabic writing.
The guy talking orders and making the food was a big black guy. I ordered a chefs salad. Sorry but a chef salad is not at all the same here either. I've always had a big mouth. I said to him only in NY can you go to a place obviously owned by muslims-if you missed it there is ham in a chef salad-made by a black guy and it is the best chef salad I've ever had. We both had a good laugh

An amusing movie to see is titled,"Deli Man," and it is on Amazon.

YOU CAN BE HAPPY OR MISERABLE ANYWHERE.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFromAroundHere View Post
To be slander, it has to be untrue. So, the OP did not slander the business. And the complaint does serve a purpose, just like any review of a business, it informs people of someone's customer experience. Just as the glowing recommendations do the same.

I'm always humored by the posts berating others for not bringing the problem up with management. I almost never do that. It's management's job to see that I don't have a problem. If I don't get good quality for my expense, I make note of it. If it's bad enough, I don't go back. Not my job to tell management how to run their business.
Exactly!

It seems some people get really angry at any negative responses reported...and they make personal attacks against that poster.

I thought the whole idea for this site was for people to be able to share their experiences, good and bad, and attacking someone relaying a bad experience...doesn't engender a willingness for further participation.

Or maybe that's the goal of those who direct personal attacks toward others...who don't have glowing things to say about everything here?
Old 08-09-2017, 07:39 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Exactly!

It seems some people get really angry at any negative responses reported...and they make personal attacks against that poster.

I thought the whole idea for this site was for people to be able to share their experiences, good and bad, and attacking someone relaying a bad experience...doesn't engender a willingness for further participation.

Or maybe that's the goal of those who direct personal attacks toward others...who don't have glowing things to say about everything here?
Exactly! The Antisemitic remarks were totally uncalled for. Can't we all just get along?
Old 08-09-2017, 08:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,500 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack9696 View Post
Exactly! The Antisemitic remarks were totally uncalled for. Can't we all just get along?
I mean this in a most serious way. WHAT anti-semetic remarks are you referencing??? I read this thread over and over and saw none.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
I am prepared to be corrected by an expert, but this goy is under the impression that obtaining Kosher food is no assurance that the food is of higher quality than other similar food, but rather that the food is prepared in conformance with Jewish laws found in the Torah and expanded in the Talmud. (Well, I will make a concession to Hebrew National that their hot dogs possibly don't contain animal eyelids and lips, which is arguably a quality issue. All they actually say is that their hot dogs are "all beef.")

With the ceremonial aspects, and the required separation of cooking vessels used for preparing various foods, it must be extremely difficult for a commercial food preparation establishment to maintain a Kosher kitchen. I certainly would be surprised to discover that a chain restaurant, like TooJay's, would serve Kosher food.

As an interesting sidelight, the Muslim practice of producing Halal (acceptable) meat and the Jewish practice of producing Kosher meat are extremely similar. (They kill the animals by slitting their throats.) Of course, both religions forbid the consumption of pork.

On the matter of corned beef quality. Actually, I have gotten food from various Deli's in New York and in Washington, DC. I simply don't like corned beef. Give me hot pastrami sandwich every time.
Amen. Pastrami so much better than corned beef.

Tags
beef, corned, bye, time, grain

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.