Toscani' Deli & Pizzeria

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Eternal Member
Default Toscani' Deli & Pizzeria

There is a sign in the front window of Toscani's in Mulberry that states that they will open on March 31.

They also have a menu posted in the window. Sounds like some good choices.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
There is a sign in the front window of Toscani's in Mulberry that states that they will open on March 31.

They also have a menu posted in the window. Sounds like some good choices.

Z,

Thanks for the heads up about Toscani's opening soon. It will be close to the villa I'm renting in July. I may have to try it out.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:59 AM

Neighbor works with the brother of the owner. Good news is the recipes are wonderful. Bad news is the rest. can only seat 32 people. Guess I'll be ordering a lot of takeout! Yeah for new resturants in TV>
Old 04-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Eternal Member

I went to Toscani's Pizzeria and ordered a large pizza. Pizza was good with lot of onions and green peppers. The ordering line was long. It looks like everyone wants to try the new place out.

They have a deli counter and a counter with lots of different salads. They all look good. I will have to try some of them as soon as I figure out the pricing.

I will return.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:35 AM
Smile

I’m working at Toscani’s helping my cousins out in my spare time. Once they get through the “soft-opening” stage and Grand-Opening, lookout because they are bringing the family restaurant legacy from NY to TV. Food quality, service and overall value will pleasantly shock you.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:40 AM

Picked up the menu last night. Talked to one of the family and was happy to hear they will deliver. Not happy to hear they will be closed on Sunday. That'sd my favorite going out to eat night since I work Mon-Fri. Anyway, looking forward to the food, including homemade sausage and mozzarella.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:47 AM

I hear in 3 wks is the grand opening, their menu will be adding more items I was told
Old 04-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcost View Post
I’m working at Toscani’s helping my cousins out in my spare time. Once they get through the “soft-opening” stage and Grand-Opening, lookout because they are bringing the family restaurant legacy from NY to TV. Food quality, service and overall value will pleasantly shock you.
Good news.... Coming from the NE, I am always happy to visit non-chain restaurants. Looking forward to trying your cousins' place!

k
Old 04-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Default Went to Toscani's

Went to Toscani's for the first and last time yesterday.

As a result of my visit I would suggest you Go TO Toscani's if:

1) You want to dine at a place that appears totally disorganized and dysfunctional when you enter the door.

2) You want a place that provides NO table service at their limited number of tables.

3) You want to find a menu by yourself in order to find out what they serve. (Best to have one of you grab a table while the other looks for menus)

4) You want to eat off of Tin Foil Take Out Boxes and use plastic utensils

5) You want a $12 plate of Spaghetti ( Sauce was OK) and a couple of small not very good meatballs

6) You want an $8 plate of Marinated Chicken on a large bed of Baby Spinach that you stop eating as soon as you see a little bug crawling in the middle of it.

7) You want to order a wide variety of items from a menu that does not show prices for all items

8) You really don't know where to find a good Italian Restaurant.

If they make it through the Summer it will be a testimonial to numerous totally undiscriminating patrons. The place sucks and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone but a very few people who I really don't like.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Veteran member

WOW!!!!Why not tell us how you really feel. Glad you won't be back as we love the place and hate listening to "habitual whiners".................
Old 04-21-2011, 05:14 PM

We were really looking forward to Toscani's opening as we love pizza and live closeby. Pizza was average at best and the pepperoni was scarce. Very disappointing that we still have to go to Belleview to get a really good pizza!
Old 04-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Default Restaurant

Not sure what someone means about whinning? Are we not allowed to give our opinion?
The restaurant that was Pauly's at Mulberry Grove is horrible.
My husband ordered a meatball grinder.. it arrived cold and the meat was RAW. We asked for our money back and didn't even get an apology.
I ordered a eggplant parm grinder and I never could find the eggplant.
We will never go back.... but if you enjoy...good for U.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Veteran member

Of course your opinion is welcome. I referred to habitual whiners at various eateries including toscanis that will never be happy and will not give an establishment a second chance. That's where the previously mentioned 70/20/10 rule applies. 70% are happy and easy to accomodate, 20% are on the "fence", can go either way and 10% are never happy and love to complain for the sake of complaining and in some cases looking for freebies.

That's my opinion.....
Old 04-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Sage
Default Soft Openings

No matter how much you "rehearse" for a restaurant opening, nothing is like when the doors open to real customers. When my son opens a new location, they always have a night with "friends and family" and invite enough people to stress the staff, both front of the house and the kitchen. Those diners will give feedback that will be used to prepare for the real opening with paying customers. Even then, there will be hiccups. I would never judge a restaurant based on a visit in their first month of opening. I don't think it adequately reflects what you will find later on.

I can understand the feeling that any retail establishment should have things in order when they first open. However, with bills and wages to pay, there is a lot of pressure to open the doors to paying customers as soon as possible. Balancing the need to make a good first impression with the need to pay the rent, etc., is a tightrope act. Let's see what happens down the road.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster View Post
WOW!!!!Why not tell us how you really feel. Glad you won't be back as we love the place and hate listening to "habitual whiners".................
Whining?? Bugs in the food, plastic utensils and take out boxes to eat from don't sound like whining to me! Sounds more like the place is pretty lousy. Guess I won't be seeing you there.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.