Toscani' Deli & Pizzeria

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2011, 09:15 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
There you go. We all have our likes and dislikes. To my wife and me, Bellview Pizza is ok, nothing more. If I were hungry and up in Bellview I might stop in but definitely wouldn't travel for their food.
Many people rave about Chicago style. For us, that's too much bread. We prefer NY style thin crust.
Some people like Sinatra, others the Stones. That doesn't make either good or bad, just different.
We like Lil Joey's pizza and look forward to trying Toscani's.
I perfer thicker crust, but as you've alluded to, delicious is in the taste buds of the consumer much like "beauty is in the eye of the beholder!"
The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 05-17-2011, 02:41 AM
Veteran member

Anybody been back to see if Toscanis has improved?

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 05-19-2011, 03:29 AM
Veteran member

bump

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 05-19-2011, 06:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I don't LOVE any Pizza I have found in TV.

Only Salybow and Boomer will understand because they too are from Cincinnati.

There is NO pizza like your hometown Pizza.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:15 PM
Sage

I lived in the midwest, (no town purposely mentioned - not Cinncinati), for a year and I ordered a pizza. When I bit into the first slice, I had to double check whether I had bitten into the pizza or the cardboard box it came in.

I don't have descriminating taste buds but I sure hope somewhere in TV, there is a place that makes an acceptable pizza.

Some people prefer thin over thick crusts and vica versa. Well done is a must for some people. Some people swear by brick oven cooked pizza.

IMHO - Pizza taste is subjective. To each his own.

Gotta go, this is making me hungry.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster View Post
WOW!!!!Why not tell us how you really feel. Glad you won't be back as we love the place and hate listening to "habitual whiners".................
Evidently they still haven't gotten it together. My husband went in to buy some sausage & the same chaos & confusion that we've heard about prevailed. Ordering pasta by the amount (1/2 lb., 1 lb.?). There doesn't seem to be any order behind the counter. People are still leaving without placing an order. We'd love to see this place succeed. Won't somebody help them out?
Old 05-21-2011, 06:33 PM

I gave them a try recently for lunch, sorry to say, I will not be going back. Food was not good and price was a bit high for a sandwich. Maybe if I see more positive reviews I will give them another chance.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Veteran member

We had a pizza deliverd to our poker group.
1st they said 15 minutes for deliver at the time of my call. I was at Chula Vista Rec center. WTH . . The DRIVE alone would be 15 min . . let alone cooking time
2nd . . I ordered PEPPERONI . . they put on RED PEPPERS
3rd - - a little dry . . . hardly any tomato sauce.

Other than that it was delivered in about 45 minutes (reasonable) and it was tasty aside the red peppers
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 05-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Default Toscani's pizza

The pizza was GREAT!!! This is real NY pizza and real Italian sauce. The gourmet salads are even better (the rigatoni with putanesca sauce is my favorite). Who cares if pizza is served on paper plates... the prices are fair and the quality of the food is excellent... the homemade sausage is just the BEST! We took some home and grilled it and there was nothing left over. Thanks for bringing great Italian food to The Villages!!!
Old 02-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Default Toscani's

While the comment above is a bit harsh, there is some truth to it. My husband and I ate at Toscani's on Saturday. The Pizza was delicious and my sausage roll was wonderful. We didn't like eating off of paper plates, nor using plastic forks. There is limited seating and there seems to be an overall shortage of staff. Having said all of this, I must say that we will go back again but we'll take our own tableware!!!! The prices seem a bit high for what I consider to be a little hole in the wall, short of a dive. I think this restaurant will likely withstand the summer months if they wise up and clean up their act. It seems to lack professional restaurant management - but then again, it's not a restaurant is it? It's simply a Pizzeria that serves good quality food on plastic tableware.:
Old 02-27-2012, 12:59 AM

I agree with the high prices. There are better choices available with better value, in my opinion.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:07 PM
Veteran member
Default Good Pizza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethWillis View Post
The pizza was GREAT!!! This is real NY pizza and real Italian sauce. The gourmet salads are even better (the rigatoni with putanesca sauce is my favorite). Who cares if pizza is served on paper plates... the prices are fair and the quality of the food is excellent... the homemade sausage is just the BEST! We took some home and grilled it and there was nothing left over. Thanks for bringing great Italian food to The Villages!!!
I agree. Toscani's is the only pizzeria, that I know of in this area, that makes its own dough, sauce, sausage and mozzarella. Freshly prepared makes an incredible difference. Give the place a try and you will not regret it.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQMan View Post
I agree. Toscani's is the only pizzeria, that I know of in this area, that makes its own dough, sauce, sausage and mozzarella. Freshly prepared makes an incredible difference. Give the place a try and you will not regret it.
Make their own mozzarella!!! Now that I'd like to watch. Where do they do that?

Xavier
Old 03-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Veteran member

went there tonight for first time-sat there for about five minutes when guy at register said you had to come up to him and place order-later I saw a small sign on opposite wall that explained the ordering policy-couldn't there be a small note on each table stating this?-food was served on plastic plates with plastic silverware-you also get your own beverages-food was ok,nothing special,prices a tad high but not too bad-can't say anything really bad about the place but nothing special enough to bring me back
Old 03-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatherer47 View Post
went there tonight for first time-sat there for about five minutes when guy at register said you had to come up to him and place order-later I saw a small sign on opposite wall that explained the ordering policy-couldn't there be a small note on each table stating this?-food was served on plastic plates with plastic silverware-you also get your own beverages-food was ok,nothing special,prices a tad high but not too bad-can't say anything really bad about the place but nothing special enough to bring me back
A lot depends on one's taste and what exactly you order. The first time we had their gluten free pizza and didn't like it, but the second time we had their regular pizza and loved it! We've yet to try the several other thing they have like whole wheat pizza, chicken eggplant or veal parmigiana, calzones or strombolis, but look forward to trying them eventually!
The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.