Toscani' Deli & Pizzeria

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatherer47 View Post
went there tonight for first time-sat there for about five minutes when guy at register said you had to come up to him and place order-later I saw a small sign on opposite wall that explained the ordering policy-couldn't there be a small note on each table stating this?-food was served on plastic plates with plastic silverware-you also get your own beverages-food was ok,nothing special,prices a tad high but not too bad-can't say anything really bad about the place but nothing special enough to bring me back
I agree. The prices seem too high for what you get, especially with the plastic plates and forks. There are much better places with better value available. The taste to the food I had was just average to maybe below average. However, some people enjoy this style, so I understand the varying opinions.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:38 AM
Sage

Last edited by senior citizen; 05-27-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:48 AM
Sage

Last edited by senior citizen; 05-27-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Default Will not be back

I have been to Toscani's four times. Two were for a slice of pizza. It tasted fine, no complaints. The second two times were a take out order for their Monday through Wednesday special of a large cheese pizza for $9.00. The first pizza I picked up they conveniently charged me the full price and only gave me "the special discount" when I asked the price of the pizza. The second time I picked up the same pizza I was charged the correct price(making sure to ask for the special specifically when ordered). However, I gave the cashier $20.81 for a $9.81 bill. I received a $10.00 bill in return when I should have received $11.00.

I am not cheap but I do expect correct change. AND I expect the register to be rung up at the time of sale, which it was not.

I don't care how wonderful the food is, if you cannot hire people who cannot remember the daily specials when they are plastered all over the place or give correct change then you do not deserve to be in business. Front of the house is just as important as the back.

Frankly, from my interaction with the staff both times, I do not believe they were mistakes. That is why I am so upset. I've been around the food business too long not to know the tricks.

I will not eat at or recommend this place to anyone.

Last edited by villavillager; 04-04-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
Make their own mozzarella!!! Now that I'd like to watch. Where do they do that?

Xavier
We love their sausage......as for the mozzarella, check out YOU TUBE. Our son makes it all the time and it really is easy. As for pizza, been making my own, no one here knows how to make a r4eal Margherita Pizza..........

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 04-04-2012, 05:36 AM
Sage
Default Please share the recipe

Last edited by senior citizen; 05-27-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQMan View Post
I agree. Toscani's is the only pizzeria, that I know of in this area, that makes its own dough, sauce, sausage and mozzarella. Freshly prepared makes an incredible difference. Give the place a try and you will not regret it.
I did and I regret it . . . never again!
Old 04-27-2012, 06:10 AM
Default toscani's

We have eaten quite a few times there, love the liguini and clams, meat lasagna, the price is right, food great, and remember they also deliver!! the staff is very good. cannot say enough good things about it.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:20 AM

This is an interesting thread. What a divergence of opinions. Could it be this restaurant's service and quality varies by this much or is this a reflection of different expectations of the diners?
Old 04-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer in Sanibel View Post
This is an interesting thread. What a divergence of opinions. Could it be this restaurant's service and quality varies by this much or is this a reflection of different expectations of the diners?
i believe it is the latter - based on the diversity of diners - with a bit of the restaurant's service issues at any given time mixed in.

since pauley's in spanish springs closed, we frequented toscani's every friday during this past lenten period - closest location for a thin crust pizza - that wasn't as thin as we liked - but we wern't in jersey, after all! it had to be a good pizza to us - or we would not have traveled from the historic side to dine there!

at times we were the only patrons and service was super; at other times we could just about get to the counter to order and had to take our pizza home because there was no table available! the construction and taste of the pizza was always consistent and was pleasing to our palates..can't speak to other dishes because we're italian and don't eat italian out!

Old 04-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
we frequented toscani's every friday during this past lenten period - closest location for a thin crust pizza - that wasn't as thin as we liked - but we wern't in jersey, after all! it had to be a good pizza to us - or we would not have traveled from the historic side to dine there!
We've had Toscani's deliver to us a number of times now and we're all the way down in Hadley. We've had their thin and also had single slices of the Sicilian pizza, and they were huge. A single piece was like a small whole pizza.

The other day we ordered take out (no delivery except through Settles in Style) from Mom & Dads on 441 south of 466. Although the name doesn't reflect it, they are an Italian Restaurant and their food is the closest we've found around here to my Italian mothers homemade cooking. We ordered a pizza and I'd have to say that it was about as think a pizza as we've ever had and the thinnest since we moved to TV. Have you tried their pizza yet? Thin pizza's not my favorite, but I enjoyed it anyway. If you do decide on trying it, I hope you will like it!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MOM-D...511349?sk=info
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

skyguy - i know the place but we have not been there...with your recommendation i will move it to the top of the list for next season! thanx for the tip.

really looking forward to next season! expecting frost tonite! bought flowers for the garden yesterday and had to bring them into the house tonite! thank goodness they were hanging planters! the dining room smells fragrant!!!

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.