Toscani's - WOW!

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2013, 03:56 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelem View Post
Hi,

Hello, My name is Michele and I am one of the owners of Toscani's restaurant and pizzeria. I understand there was an issue on Friday night which was completely out of mine and my partner's Claire, hands. Normally, we would have been there, like we are every night, but unfortunately we have both been out of commission due to the flu. We just started table service and it has been going very well, but due to 2 people not being there, it was a bit chaotic. We will be back on Monday, all will be well at the restaurant. But we both can not go in and take care of customers while we are sick. I apologize for your issues last night and I hope you give us another chance. If you do chose to come in, please introduce yourself. It will not be the same place.
Sincerely,
Michele Marchese

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 04-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
I wanted to like it. I really did. I'm from Jersey and in GOOD ITALIAN FOOD withdrawl. We wanted an Italian dinner. Not just a sandwich. So tonight we drove for 30 minutes to visit Toscani's. What a disappointment. You said white tablecloths. Not one to be had on any table. You walk in and no one tells you if you should seat yourself or go up to the counter to order. It was our first time. So we sat down. No one is coming and we are discussing our strategy. A lot of people are walking through your dining area to pick up. Finally a young man come to the table to take our order. He had no idea what the soup was or if they had coke or pepsi. I ordered pepsi. Well they didn't have it so we agreed on Coke. We placed our order. People are beginning to come in and the tables are full. More people come and and stand around watching you waiting for you to get up. Another young man brings the soup. It was luke warm. Very good home made soup. By this time a very excited young women is running from table to table to try and take orders. She is loud and telling everyone they are short. You can see they are struggling. Don't really have a system for waiting on tables. I can't add to their problems so we eat the soup that is really cold. We shared a salad caprese. Don't bother with that. Not good. From the beginning we were told we would get garlic knots. Never arrived. Finally got our drinks but no straws. No one ever cleared the table between courses so the dishes just piled up. The loud young women aware that people were waiting in the middle of the restaurant for tables wanted to give us our check, but we had not gotten our entree yet. Garlic knots finally arrive. My eggplant parm was very good. DH veal parm not as much. Probably won't return. We're still searching for that nice Italian restaurant. Yes, I would like a tablecloth like the OP mentioned. I really wanted Toscani's to be the one.
Yes, just give it another try. No, it's not a "fancy" place with white table cloths but it has a rust colored tablecloth with glass on top. I don't think they've hired an Italian violinist tableside yet. LOL. They just started serving folks. Give them time. When two major people are sick, you may not get the high quality service you may envision.

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Old 04-08-2013, 10:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety Bird View Post
Yes, just give it another try. No, it's not a "fancy" place with white table cloths but it has a rust colored tablecloth with glass on top. I don't think they've hired an Italian violinist tableside yet. LOL. They just started serving folks. Give them time. When two major people are sick, you may not get the high quality service you may envision.
I agree. The food we had was authentic and excellent Sicilian Italian style food. We did takeout and ate it always on our lanai.

Illness happens. Had a phone call earlier from our daughter; her husband and son both have sore throats and the flu.......late arriving, but did a number on them.

If the workers had gone in to the restaurant sick, that would be also difficult for the customers............
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.