Trader Joe's

Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Default Trader Joe's

I know so many of you have wished for a Trader Joe's and it was said that they would never open a store in FL because of distribution problems. Well, maybe it's time to start bugging the company again! Our 11 pm news here in Naples just announced that we are getting the very first FL Trader Joe's! It's going to open in a former Border's Book Store. I've never been to Trader Joe's, but from all I've read here on TOTV, I'm really excited about it! If the one in Naples works out, I don't see why The Villages couldn't be next!!

Here's the link from the Naples Daily News: http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2011/...coming-naples/
Old 09-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

We have them here in Massachusetts and occasionally shop them.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:36 AM

I would LOVE this! They are the best place to buy nuts and dried fruits. Also as a single person much of there stuff is packaged in a friendly way unlike traditional groceries and warehouse clubs that go for extra large size packaging.......

Suzanne
Old 09-08-2011, 08:42 AM
Bosoxfan

I went out to the Trader Joe website, still nothing about Florida. It's not listed in the coming soon section. I hope you are right and they are venturing into Florida.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower3630 View Post
I know so many of you have wished for a Trader Joe's and it was said that they would never open a store in FL because of distribution problems. Well, maybe it's time to start bugging the company again! Our 11 pm news here in Naples just announced that we are getting the very first FL Trader Joe's! It's going to open in a former Border's Book Store. I've never been to Trader Joe's, but from all I've read here on TOTV, I'm really excited about it! If the one in Naples works out, I don't see why The Villages couldn't be next!!

Here's the link from the Naples Daily News: http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2011/...coming-naples/
LOVE trader joe's. Someone described it as a place that PhD's who drive a cab shop at. They have great produce, cheeses, wine, etc.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Default TJ

I was so excited when I read the post about TJ.

Then I went to mapquest. If TJ opens in Naples, here in TV we have the dubious honor of being approximately equi distant from the TJ in Naples, Fl and the ones in Georgia.

Vicar of Dibley
Old 09-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Sage

I would drive to Naples to go to Trader Joe's, but would much prefer to have one a little closer!!
Old 09-08-2011, 03:31 PM

We just moved her 3 weeks ago from Richmond VA, and I miss Trader Joe's a lot. A few years ago, I wrote Trader Joe's and also many of my friends did to try and get them to open a store in Richmond, the nearest one was about 75 miles away. Well they finally opened one about 3 years ago...the best store ever! I am going write them and put the pressure on again.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gongy View Post
We just moved her 3 weeks ago from Richmond VA, and I miss Trader Joe's a lot. A few years ago, I wrote Trader Joe's and also many of my friends did to try and get them to open a store in Richmond, the nearest one was about 75 miles away. Well they finally opened one about 3 years ago...the best store ever! I am going write them and put the pressure on again.
I shop at the one in VA Beach and Newport News! I too will write Trader Joe's. I'll be moving down in January!
Old 09-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member

The whole thing does not make sense. Why would they install their first store so far south? I thought they had a logistical problem with distribution.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
I would drive to Naples to go to Trader Joe's, but would much prefer to have one a little closer!!
Maybe we could form a TJ's club and car pool together for a day trip.....

Suzanne
Old 09-08-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagegolfer View Post
The whole thing does not make sense. Why would they install their first store so far south? I thought they had a logistical problem with distribution.
Maybe they were just using that excuse? Remember Naples does have some $ hanging around. But so does TV!
Old 09-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

But Naples doesn't strike me as big TJs shoppers.....
Old 09-08-2011, 08:40 PM

I must say my last visit to Joes was a little disappointing! I bought 8 canisters of the chocolate covered jellies (rasberry) and brought them back to Florida...only to find out they changed them! THINNER chocolate! Not good at all! It's a little embarrassing at the airport when you have to redistribute your luggage contents due to the fill up at Trader Joes!
Old 09-09-2011, 01:12 AM
Sage

I don't think there's any such thing as a typical Trader Joe's shopper. Some people shop there because the prices are reasonable and the quality is good. Others go because TJ's has items that you can't find anywhere else.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.