Traditional Polish restaurant coming to Wildwood

Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2020, 07:50 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
Commonly known as Stuffed Cabbage. Stuffed Cabbage Recipe - Food.com
Yep and very simple to make at home and you can use your own variations. Ive yet to eat it out and find it better
Old 11-16-2020, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post
Speaking of eastern European food, does anyone know of a restaurant in TV that serves borscht with or without cabbage?

that would be great if there is one....

I first tasted borscht while traveling in Russia a few years ago....wow, one spoonful and I was hooked
Old 11-16-2020, 09:27 AM

Keep us posted when opened.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:51 AM

Hubby is Polish and loves Polish food ... me, not so much.

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 11-16-2020, 12:08 PM

Aneta’s in Ocala does.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:49 PM

You can buy great Polish sausages, cabbage rolls and much more at the Polish Deli in Leesburg. They are from Poland and make all their own meats. Been there over 20 years now. Great food, reasonable prices and friendly owners.
Old 11-16-2020, 01:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Yep and very simple to make at home and you can use your own variations. Ive yet to eat it out and find it better
Restaurants tend to overcook the cabbage and make it rather tasteless.
Old 11-16-2020, 03:15 PM

Are they called galumpkis maybe?
Old 11-17-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvtheVillages View Post
Looking forward to it. These are the same people who sold pierogi at the Brownwood farmers market.
Yes! We will also have a deli where you can purchase the same items that we offer (as Pea Pod Pierogie Company) at Brownwood Farmer Market, as well as a market area where we will offer items for sale such as Uncle Ronnie's Blue Ribbon Cheesecakes, Red Rooster Cookie Jar, Florida Nut Butters, Raw local honey, Bleu Basil Pastas, fresh produce and specialty Polish candies and condiments. We will post our opening date once we are inspected! Like us on Facebook @PolanDeli Market & Kuchnia for updates!
Old 11-17-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
PolanDeli Market & Kuchnia will open soon where Woody's BBQ was formerly located - on US 301 just north of the turnpike interchange, near Comfort Inn and Marathon gas station.

From their Facebook page: Fresh, handmade authentic Pierogi, Kiełbasa, Gołąbki and many more Traditional Polish Dishes. PolanDeli Market & Kuchnia, our new restaurant, market and deli, opening soon at 1220 S. Main Street, Wildwood, FL.
Here is a link to the Preliminary menu. We will also have a deli where you can purchase the same items that we offer (as Pea Pod Pierogie Company) at Brownwood Farmer Market, as well as a market area where we will offer items for sale such as Uncle Ronnie's Blue Ribbon Cheesecakes, Red Rooster Cookie Jar, Florida Nut Butters, Raw local honey, Bleu Basil Pastas, fresh produce and specialty Polish candies and condiments. We will post our opening date once we are inspected! Like us on Facebook @PolanDeli Market & Kuchnia for updates!
Old 11-17-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post
Speaking of eastern European food, does anyone know of a restaurant in TV that serves borscht with or without cabbage?
We will have it... In Polish it is Barszcz
Old 11-21-2020, 08:33 PM
Veteran member

Good news. We need more interesting ethnic cuisine in the area without the need to drive an hour away. How about Indian, Middle Eastern or Greek? But it needs to be good or it goes out of business fast.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:31 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolanDeli View Post
Yes! We will also have a deli where you can purchase the same items that we offer (as Pea Pod Pierogie Company) at Brownwood Farmer Market, as well as a market area where we will offer items for sale such as Uncle Ronnie's Blue Ribbon Cheesecakes, Red Rooster Cookie Jar, Florida Nut Butters, Raw local honey, Bleu Basil Pastas, fresh produce and specialty Polish candies and condiments. We will post our opening date once we are inspected! Like us on Facebook @PolanDeli Market & Kuchnia for updates!
Will you have Polish Beer in the restaurant too?

Skip
Old 11-27-2020, 03:41 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
My favorite, OUR favorite are cabbage rolls. I don't know the correct name in Polish or any Polish. As a young person I attended many wedding receptions where Cabbage Rolls were served. Is it called Golabki? Will they have them????? Wait I will look at their menu. This sounds WONDERFUL.

I found that Golabki is Cabbage Rolls in English but it says it is pronounced Go-wump-kee. Polish must be challenging to read or learn to speak.

They will be at Brownwood today????

Hello, Gracie, dear. Your pronunciation is correct. This is an excellent example of two Polish letters: Ą ą and Ł ł. As in gołąbki. Sometimes it is also called pigs in a blanket. I don't know why.
Old 11-27-2020, 03:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Did you say cabbage rolls? Yum! I know how to make it with fermented cabbage leaves, rice and two types of ground meat, or with tomato sauce and I add sour cream on top. I’m not Polish but my childhood friend next door was, as far as girlfriends go she was “the love of my life”. Can’t wait.
Fermented cabbage leaves? I'm intrigued. Can you describe them? Where did you get them?

Tags
market, polish, kuchnia, traditional, polandeli

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.