Are TV Restaurants safe?

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2020, 05:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Could you please cite a multicentered, placebo controlled, double blinded study of at least 4,000 people in a repudiable medical journal that shows that, or are you just shooting from the hip?
Are you saying that we should not feel any safer in a little cocoon of a high backed booth? There is really no more protection from the patrons in the adjacent booth? If the restaurant keeps adjacent tables close to the booths empty, I feel safer in a high backed booth. Are you saying I shouldn't feel that level of safety?
Old 10-05-2020, 05:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Fritos?
FRITOS
Fritos is a brand of corn chips and dipping sauces created in 1932 by Charles Elmer Doolin and produced since 1959 by the Frito-Lay division of PepsiCo. Unlike the similar tortilla chips, which are made from cornmeal and use the nixtamalization process, Fritos are made by deep-frying extruded whole cornmeal. Wikipedia
Old 10-05-2020, 06:18 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
FRITOS
Fritos is a brand of corn chips and dipping sauces created in 1932 by Charles Elmer Doolin and produced since 1959 by the Frito-Lay division of PepsiCo. Unlike the similar tortilla chips, which are made from cornmeal and use the nixtamalization process, Fritos are made by deep-frying extruded whole cornmeal. Wikipedia
I grew up in my Grandfathers country store in the 50's and 60's. Loved all the new foods that were introduced during this time.
Old 10-05-2020, 07:09 AM
Veteran member

We have been eating at all the restaurants since they opened to eat in and before that we were taking out. We are still alive and kicking. No problems. Just wash your hands. Try not to eat with your mask on, it takes the fun out of eating.
Old 10-05-2020, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,046 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
FRITOS
In my younger days used to have them all the time until cholesterol discovered me.

I was just surprised to see it mentioned earlier in the thread.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Wearing a mask doesn't guarantee anything. But it will reduce the chances of spreading the virus. Mostly it protects others from people that have the virus.

But even it it gives us a 25% less chance of spreading the virus, why shouldn't we do it.

I know people that never smoked in their lives that dies of lung cancer. Does that mean that you'd take up smoking?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-05-2020, 07:43 PM
Sage

I walked into the new BBQ restaurant, Mission BBQ on 441. Patrons were seated in all booths and the booths did not have the added backs to offer safety separation from the next booth. We walked out and will not dine there.

Miller's Ale House has installed the nicest backs to their booths which offers the added safety separation from the adjacent booths. They used a clear, what appears to be acrylic material bordered with wood to match their booths and the acrylic has a lovely design and the additional back is flush to the bottom of the booth back. NICE JOB Miller's Ale House! We noticed that pairs of two bar stools were separated from other bar stools so they are still distancing their patrons. We will continue to dine there.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,046 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
I walked into the new BBQ restaurant, Mission BBQ on 441. Patrons were seated in all booths and the booths did not have the added backs to offer safety separation from the next booth. We walked out and will not dine there.

Miller's Ale House has installed the nicest backs to their booths which offers the added safety separation from the adjacent booths. They used a clear, what appears to be acrylic material bordered with wood to match their booths and the acrylic has a lovely design and the additional back is flush to the bottom of the booth back. NICE JOB Miller's Ale House! We noticed that pairs of two bar stools were separated from other bar stools so they are still distancing their patrons. We will continue to dine there.
Thanks been thinking of trying them.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Just returned to TV and don’t know what to expect at some of our favorite restaurants when it comes to safety from the coronavirus. We have a special occasion next week and would like to have dinner here inThe Villages. Some of our favorite dining places are Bluefin, Lopez and Chop House to name a few. Also, we have not tried Wolfgang Puck. If you have been to any of these restaurants in the last week or so did you feel safe? Were the waiters wearing masks, tables social distanced and were you required to wear a mask? If safety protocols are not in place, we will make other choices and plans.
We have been going to restaurants in the Villages since they started opening back up in May or June. We have not gotten sick. The spread is slowing. If this was a pandemic all of the people living here would be sick. If you don’t feel comfortable don’t go out, but this world has got to move on. All the restaurants we have been to, all the employees have masks on and yes, one person saying they won’t be back, that is your choice. They
Old 10-06-2020, 11:03 AM

Just a friendly reminder, 16 women went to Lynch's Irish Pub in Jacksonville the evening of June 6 to celebrate a 40th birthday, all 16 caught coronavirus from that one visit. None died, so there's that. Are things better today than on June 6? Not much. Personally, I will not dine or drink publicly indoors. I will do so outdoors if it's not too crowded. I bike, play golf, tennis, have friends over to eat on our screened porch and vice versa. I'd much prefer to be able to dine indoors, but I'm not feeling "bunkered in" at all.

16 Friends Get Coronavirus After Going to Florida Bar | PEOPLE.com
Old 10-06-2020, 11:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Are you saying that we should not feel any safer in a little cocoon of a high backed booth? There is really no more protection from the patrons in the adjacent booth? If the restaurant keeps adjacent tables close to the booths empty, I feel safer in a high backed booth. Are you saying I shouldn't feel that level of safety?
I didn’t say that. I said there is no valid proof that those booths do anything. They may offer some protection, they may do nothing, and it’s even possible they make things worse. Without a study there is no way to know
Old 10-06-2020, 02:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I didn’t say that. I said there is no valid proof that those booths do anything. They may offer some protection, they may do nothing, and it’s even possible they make things worse. Without a study there is no way to know
How about all those stores that have installed plexiglass shields for their employees' safety? To me, that is pretty much the same deal as the barriers between booths in restaurants. Why even bother with the added expense to install these barriers if there is no added safety to patrons and employees? There must be some kind of evidence out there to support a reason for establishments to do this. The possibility that these barriers can make things worse is just not on my radar.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
How about all those stores that have installed plexiglass shields for their employees' safety? To me, that is pretty much the same deal as the barriers between booths in restaurants. Why even bother with the added expense to install these barriers if there is no added safety to patrons and employees? There must be some kind of evidence out there to support a reason for establishments to do this. The possibility that these barriers can make things worse is just not on my radar.
We have to distinguish coronavirus mitigation from coronavirus theater. Without proof, those barriers in stores are theater. Masks mitigate to some degree. Social distancing mitigates. Driving alone with the windows up is theater, although I have no idea to what audience. Do I think the barriers around restaurant booths make it worse, no, but without a study it remains unknown. Theoretically, by partially enclosing the booth, the virus could circulate longer around the patrons, depending on vents and air circulation, and increase the time of exposure. Unlikely, but that’s why we do studies
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurants, safety, favorite, week, safe

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.