Uh-oh, no go to Cody's (anywhere)

Closed Thread
Old 11-01-2016, 10:18 AM
Default Uh-oh, no go to Cody's (anywhere)

For the worst servers and management in The Villages area go to Cody's--any location. On Sun. 10/30 at Sumter location the service was 1. slow, 2. wrong orders, 3. disappearing server, 4. wrong bill. The positives were that the food is good and there was no obnoxious music to ruin the outside dining. Will not recommend.

Then on Monday ten women in our neighborhood went to Cody's in Brownwood--same story. Only this time there was obnoxious (1 man) music when sitting outside. My wife told me the horror story about the service and checks being overcharged, etc. That is two days in a row and two different locations--is there a message here?
Old 11-01-2016, 12:09 PM
Veteran member
Default restaurants,,,

[QUOTE=cavalier65;1313841]For the worst servers and management in The Villages area go to Cody's--any location. On Sun. 10/30 at Sumter location the service was 1. slow, 2. wrong orders, 3. disappearing server, 4. wrong bill. The positives were that the food is good and there was no obnoxious music to ruin the outside dining. Will not recommend.

Then on Monday ten women in our neighborhood went to Cody's in Brownwood--same story. Only this time there was obnoxious (1 man) music when sitting outside. My wife told me the horror story about the service and checks being overcharged, etc. That is two days in a row and two different locations-

bbbbbb here so,,,,,
Went there twice, but no more. We agree with the above comments and could but will not add more. Just enough is enough.
bbbbbb
Old 11-01-2016, 12:33 PM

We've had similar problems with Cody's in Brownwood. Our server was slow to take our order and we waited forever for food to arrive. The "free dessert" part of the meal never happened even when we reminded our server twice. Food quality was okay but being ignored is not. Not sure if we'll return.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:25 PM
Eternal Member

Everyone has their own opinions. We happen to really like Codys.
In fact last Wednesday I had my birthday party at the Sumter Codys with 110 people. It was a blast and service was excellent. I did, however, do a buffet and it was all kept full and delish.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:28 PM
Eternal Member

Cody's at Lake Sumter is my "go-to" place. The service at the bar is super, the beer selections and prices are excellent and the bar food choices and prices are great.

We often go there for the "after church specials". Half a rotisserie chicken, stuffing,veggies, potato, endless salad bowl, and dessert for $9.95. Where else can you get that bargain- and it tastes great too!
Old 11-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Piper View Post
We've had similar problems with Cody's in Brownwood. Our server was slow to take our order and we waited forever for food to arrive. The "free dessert" part of the meal never happened even when we reminded our server twice. Food quality was okay but being ignored is not. Not sure if we'll return.
?? What would allow you return?
Old 11-01-2016, 01:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

We enjoy Cody's and yes, the service is slow, food takes awhile and the music can be a bit loud outside. The good news for them is that it has been that way and the place is still packed with more coming. We set our expectations to the places we visit and adjust our schedule to match them. Out of season that means going when we want to, in season means going early.....and in season gets longer each year.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 11-01-2016, 04:06 PM
Sage

....So who can I believe?
Old 11-01-2016, 04:47 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
....So who can I believe?
Why not go to either Cody's at Brownwood or Lake Sumter Landing, sit at the bar, order a beer (two for one), a bar burger, and decide for yourself?

May I suggest the Goose Island Pale Ale? Very smooth with just the right amount of bitterness from the hops.
Old 11-01-2016, 05:33 PM
Sage

Could it be that Cody's was packed during the football games?

Not making excuses, as I have always had a good time at Cody's and service was always decent.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 11-01-2016, 05:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I always like the Cody's at LSL because you can look at the water and after eating you can go outside and hear somebody singing Journey or Billy Joel. I haven't been there since they've enclosed the outside area. We always had good service. I remember once my wife said she wasn't very hungry, so he brought us a salad bowl and said you can eat from your husband's salad bowl and I'll just charge $3. I had a huge metal bowl of salad with my meal. I love the chopped steak with grilled onion at lunch time for $10.99, it much better than the Road Kill version at Texas Roadhouse, which I don't care for that place, too noisy!
Old 11-01-2016, 06:00 PM

Cody's is Cody's. Nothing exceptional from a food aspect. On occasion the service is good, sometimes not so good. I like the hamburgers when cooked properly to order ( sometimes does not happen ) and the prime rib. Maybe a steak once in a while. The other entrees, not so much. Prices are reasonable, and we keep going back every few months, so it obviously has something going for it that works.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Everyone has their own opinions. We happen to really like Codys.
In fact last Wednesday I had my birthday party at the Sumter Codys with 110 people. It was a blast and service was excellent. I did, however, do a buffet and it was all kept full and delish.
Wait a minute - WE WEREN'T INVITED?
Old 11-01-2016, 07:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Love Cody's. 4 of us just went last Friday night. Place was packed, but absolutely no delay in service. Excellent server as well. We go all the time.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:55 PM

Four of us went to LSL Cody's tonight. The service was prompt and enthusiastic. The drinks were good. The live music was nice. The food was... well what can I say, it was Cody's. No problems for us. We'll be back
Closed Thread

Tags
location, wrong, food, positives, disappearing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.