Free veterans day meals

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Veteran member
Default Free veterans day meals

Just a reminder to all the vets in the villages. Sunday the 11th and monday the 12th, many area restaurants have free meals for veterans. Sunday, chili's has free lunch and applebees has free dinner. Outback has free bloomin onion with a soda both sunday and monday. Golden coral free meal monday from 4-9. Golden coral will have at least 1.5 hour wait no matter what time you go.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:44 PM

I am a village resident that works at one of the local chain restaurants that were giving away free food. We had vets that came in, ordered the free food and a village cocktail (water with extra lemon). When it came time to present the bill, two totals were shown -- the $ total that would have been paid before the free food, and then the zero $ bill, after the free food was removed from the bill. Each guest was thanked for coming in, and thanked for serving our country.

Take a guess how many times I was stiffed.

Yes, four times, four different vets that got free food and water, left no money on the table as a tip.
I appreciate the fact that you served your country, but really, I don't serve for free, I'm working for a living, and shame on all of you that did that to me and other servers.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Platinum member
Default Veteran meals at Red Lobster

Sorry - Didn't see this topic first.
Read by post about meals for veterans under TGI Fridays topic.

Skip
Old 11-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

Mike is a Vietnam Veteran. We took advantage of the free meal at Golden Corral and it was excellent. I want to say the staff was awesome. They were very courteous and provided us with great service. We were a little disappointed, though, the fact that not many people left a tip on the table. I don't care if you get a free meal or not the servers deserve a tip and anyone who doesn't leave one should be ashamed.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.