Katie Belle's service

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Gold member
Default Katie Belle's service

Went to Katie's today for lunch, worst service we ever had. Very disappointing. The hostess was rude, we waited 15 minutes til a waiter came to our table, well actually we saw the very very nice hostess come in early before her shift started and we had to ask her if she could find us a waiter. He took our order, food finally came and that was the last we ever saw of him. Had to finally ask the nice off duty hostess again if she could get our bill which she did promptly and nicely. The food was way below par also. Not a good day at Katie's ! We would have spoken to the manager or someone , but had a guest with us and decided not to, probably a mistake.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Gold member

Too bad you had a below par experience. We've always been pleased with the service and food. Never a complaint. Maybe you hit them on a bad day.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Default I agree with 'slow' service.

My husband and I have been to K.B. a few times and each time our conversation got around to the ...slow... service. It takes forever to get your meal. Also, I don't thing too much of the menu. There isn't anything healthy on it. No broiled/steamed fish/shrimp.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:49 AM
Sage

There are so many restaurant choices in TV ! I think I heard that the latest count was 84 restaurants that are golf-cart accessible.

When we experience really slow service or a lack of healthy choices, we don't complain. We just cross that restaurant off our list for a while.

We used to like Palmers Golf Club for dinner, but it recently got crossed off our list.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
... We just cross that restaurant off our list for a while...
Bare.... I believe your approach is the best. Everyone has a bad day, once in a while; whether it's the server or the chef [cook]. If the service is really bad, I just use my tipping powers to show my dissatisfaction...ie NO TIP. If it's the food that's lacking [really bad], I would discuss with the manager. It would really depend upon the degree of "badness" and whether it was even edible.

Sometimes, if I read a bad review on TOTV, it changes my expectations. It makes me more critical [looking for something bad], rather than just enjoying the drinks, meal and conversation. If I look hard enough, I can find something wrong with any restaurant

Just saying.....
Old 03-05-2011, 11:58 AM

We have the same attitude towards restaurant service and food. Our measures of service or taste differ from others, so I don't think it's necessary for me to say to others what I did not like. If the meal wasn't tasty, I'd choose another item next time. Slow service, just by looking around to see how busy a place is explanation enough. 1 or 2 bad outings I can get by with, the 3rd time I'd have to say they have a problem with staffing or food preparation. Good company and conversions (Also good drink specials) helps to ease slow service.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Gold member

Just wanted to report that we've been back to KB twice since my first post, food good, service good....someone just had a bad day that first day. Also been to Cattle Baron's several times, always great food and good service.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetgirl View Post

We have the same attitude towards restaurant service and food. Our measures of service or taste differ from others, so I don't think it's necessary for me to say to others what I did not like. If the meal wasn't tasty, I'd choose another item next time. Slow service, just by looking around to see how busy a place is explanation enough. 1 or 2 bad outings I can get by with, the 3rd time I'd have to say they have a problem with staffing or food preparation. Good company and conversions (Also good drink specials) helps to ease slow service.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:23 PM

While there may be 84 "restaurants" in The Villages, after you eliminate Kentucky Fried Chicken, IHOP, Burger King, mediocre country clubs (Havana), chain retaurants like Chilis' Ruby Tuesday, etc, etc, IMHO you are left with very few quality dining choices.

Brooklyn, NY
Margate, FL
Gillette, WY
Cape Cod (Brewster), MA
Coral Springs, FL
Pittsburgh, PA
Boynton Beach, FL
Pennecamp 10/29/10
Old 03-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetgirl View Post

I'll drink to that.

I have the same view on restaurants. If I don't like the service, I tend to tip the bare minimum but I also look to see if the waiter/waitress is burdened by waiting on too many tables as someone may not reported to work that day.

I aslo don't blame the wait staff if the cook had an off day.

Three strikes and they out.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman931 View Post
While there may be 84 "restaurants" in The Villages, after you eliminate Kentucky Fried Chicken, IHOP, Burger King, mediocre country clubs (Havana), chain retaurants like Chilis' Ruby Tuesday, etc, etc, IMHO you are left with very few quality dining choices.
Hi Sherman,

I agree totally. We cook in a lot. I am an outspoken critic of chains on this forum - but I understand why they are so prevalent. Most Villagers want food to be a bargain. I can understand that - many are on fixed incomes - and the chains can drive to lower costs. But I would prefer to eat out less (and enjoy better quality) and economize at home.

By the way - Havana can be very good - but also very un-good. I still feel they haven't gotten into a rhythm. The entertainment seems to attract more diners than they can comfortably serve in a timely fashion.

k

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.