Vist to Thai Orchid

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2007, 09:46 AM
Veteran member
Default Vist to Thai Orchid

Got some take-out out a the new Thai Orchid on Hwy. 441/27 yesterday. Good menu. Spiffy spouse tried "Fresh Hot Basil" and I tried "Hot&Sweet Chilli" and spring rolls with each order. Delicious and very authentic Thai. Take-out service was exceptional...I was seated....brought water and served samples while I waited. My order arrived in about 10 minutes. We've got to try a sit-down next time. They've transformed the old DQ very well. Most dinner entres are $9.35 and most lunch entres are $6.95. For the time being, I rate them :bigthumbsup:.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 08-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Default Re: Vist to Thai Orchid

Sounds Great... Do they serve :edit:tails? BOOZE

STOPPED BY TO CHECK IT OUT... VERY NICE AND THEY SERVE BEER, WINE AND MIXED DRINKS
Old 08-17-2007, 06:51 PM

I have been there several times.

Food is excellent.

The owners are very accomodating.

Try the Thai Noodle Soup.Goood.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:26 AM

We ate there last night... Service was good... food was very disappointing... Blah is all I can say.. Tried to spice it up a little, and my wife grabbed the wrong sauce... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hot: :hot: :hot:

Can't say I will return..
Old 08-18-2007, 02:28 PM

We tried this Thai Restaurant several weeks ago and were also disappointed in the food....brought too fast, bland, and what's with the paper Italian placemats?
Old 08-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Veteran member

As with most Thai food places, if you ask them to spice it up, you'll get it SPICED up, otherwise you might as well eat Chinese. I like my Thai cuisine at the nuclear level and that's exactly what I got at Thai Orchid. They serve up most dishes at the low level unless you ask otherwise...and that "low level" is even too picante for most folks in these parts. It's always a good idea to "taste" the sauces "before" adding. Thai cuisine usually has two kinds of hot sauces....a red pepper sauce (its red and you can see seeds in it) and a knock your socks off clear clear red oil concoction with teensy weensy little green pepper things that can kick like an army mule. If you want spicy, all Thai restaurents have it. When eating Thai, I always try to order the "hotness" level up front. That said, most Thai currys are served mild and its up to you to kick it up.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.