Waiting time at most restaurants

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
When living up north most people agree that they are bummed out during the winter months and that feelng repeats each year.

Living in The Villages as October approaches some folks here begin to get bummed out knowing that they will have to drastically alter their routine and/or withdraw from most activities until April/May. This isn't to impugn anyone it is simply a fact of life here. Many many people rent out their homes so that the busy season gets longer and longer here by the month. While many people, incuding myself, understand this situation and manage it well, it does not change the fact that realistically it affects your quality of life in just about every respect.
I agree with the idea of managing the changes that occur with the seasonal residents and renters/guests. It is a fact of life here in TV. You can fight it and get angry/frustrated/resentful, or you can accept that for 4-5 months of the year you have to plan more to do the things you want to do. Remember that our seasonal residents are paying amenities fees all year, but we get the amenities all year long.

I always get a chuckle when I hear people grouse about the seasonal residents. When asked, they admit that their seasonal neighbors aren't the problem, it's those OTHER ones that clog the restaurants, golf courses, or line dancing classes. You know, THEM.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Default Welcome!

We are new villagers-1 month----put our house on the market in Indiana and it sold in1 week--- price it right and you can celebrate new years eve here---we love it! Good luck
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.