We need Halal

Closed Thread
Old 06-11-2017, 11:50 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,311 Times in 381 Posts

Golfing Eagle...its apparent you dont differentiate between the cuisine of some people and their politics....or perhaps, like many, you just aren't very adventurous with the foods you eat...and that is ok.

But seeing where you are from, it surprises me that you would never have had halal food. But please dont hold the cuisine of the middle east against the politics of the region...two different issues.

And to Gracie....i fully understand thathose from the hinterlands that may not have had the opportunity to travel, may have limited exposure to international cuisine. And that is no snub to the food of the hinterlands but it is a special benefit to living in an urban immigrant area to taste all they offer.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

I'm not Mexico fan ( the country and way it's ran, for those that like to read between the lines), but I like most Mexican food, I was stationed in England with guy from morocco, had supper several times at his home and he always had Moroccan prepared food which I'm guessing had Arabia flavor. Most of it was very yummy, his wife and kids were very polite. I try to give people the benefit of doubt, until the prove me wrong.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
My guess is one would have no trouble finding Halal restaurants in Dearborn, MI. Gangstalking-And SHARIA "NO " LAW - YouTube
you can pretty much find anything in Dearborn these days, from one of the best burgers with a coke in a glass bottle, hummus and pita, Mediterranean, and Indian food everywhere. My other half has food brought in from Dearborn once a week, never run out of something different
Old 06-12-2017, 11:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Wow! I see a lot of people making assumptions about people they don't even know all because of which foods they like.
Old 06-24-2017, 08:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Why halal?

Halāl (Arabic: حلال‎‎ ḥalāl, "permissible"), also spelled hallal or halaal, refers to what is permissible or lawful in traditional Islamic law. It is frequently applied to permissible food and drinks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Because it makes some folks feel superior which is why they like to post their interest in it . However the PC Bosses would tell those people that they are guilty of " Cultural Appropriation " .
Old 06-28-2017, 12:46 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Jim View Post
Because it makes some folks feel superior which is why they like to post their interest in it . However the PC Bosses would tell those people that they are guilty of " Cultural Appropriation " .
How is using the term Halal suppose to make someone feel superior.

Clearly you have a limited understanding of what "Halal Chicken and Rice" is.....

Google is your friend.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post

And to Gracie....i fully understand thathose from the hinterlands that may not have had the opportunity to travel, may have limited exposure to international cuisine. And that is no snub to the food of the hinterlands but it is a special benefit to living in an urban immigrant area to taste all they offer.
If you like that kinda food. Calling the "fly over" states Hinterlands denigrates the area of the country in which many villagers were born. We personally find the middle area of the U.S. superior to the eastern and western edges.

And we do travel, Sir. You'd be surprised.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:05 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

I am looking to find some Halal meat from wild donkeys (onagers) along with some yummy Halal camel meat!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-28-2017, 01:20 PM
Sage

The other end of Halal
A Muslim's Guide to Anal Hygiene - VICE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2017, 01:53 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I am looking to find some Halal meat from wild donkeys (onagers) along with some yummy Halal camel meat!
May I suggest this place but I doubt they mail order...

Jamaica Archer Live Poultry & Meats - Jamaica, New York - Butcher Shop | Facebook
Old 06-28-2017, 02:05 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
If you like that kinda food. Calling the "fly over" states Hinterlands denigrates the area of the country in which many villagers were born. We personally find the middle area of the U.S. superior to the eastern and western edges.

And we do travel, Sir. You'd be surprised.
Florida is on the "eastern edge".

Have you ever had Halal?

This is one of the more famous ones..

NYC Street Food - Halal Guys Gyro Cart (New York City) - YouTube
Old 06-28-2017, 02:12 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

Quote:
May I suggest this place but I doubt they mail order...

Jamaica Archer Live Poultry & Meats - Jamaica, New York - Butcher Shop | Facebook
Well, as long at it does not come from domesticated donkeys. It seems wild ass is Halal but tame ass is not!
The meat of onagers (“wild donkeys”) is permitted and the meat of domesticated donkeys is forbidden - islamqa.info

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-28-2017, 02:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Well, as long at it does not come from domesticated donkeys. It seems wild ass is Halal but tame ass is not!
The meat of onagers (“wild donkeys”) is permitted and the meat of domesticated donkeys is forbidden - islamqa.info
Since you are a self described ManaboutTown...Im sure you know the difference between wild and tame donkey.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Florida is on the "eastern edge".

Have you ever had Halal?

This is one of the more famous ones..

NYC Street Food - Halal Guys Gyro Cart (New York City) - YouTube
Have you ever spent a couple weeks in Ohio?
Old 06-28-2017, 04:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Post #39 was rough. Whoa. I don't think the majority of our neighbors and community have an appreciation for the smell of the food we are preparing or have eaten to permeate thru our clothing. We just haven't evolved to that just yet. I have tried Halal several times and have survived the experience. I ate it to be kind to those I was with. It would not be my first choice. There is one TOTV poster I would love to hear from on this issue, it would be a Top Ten Memory. Enjoy Halal if you like it.

It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where a guy changes his restaurant to a Middle Eastern Type. It didn't work out too well.
Closed Thread

Tags
sauce, place, drive, reasonable, sauce/hot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.