WE NEED AN OLIVE GARDEN & RED LOBSTER IN TV - Help with an EMAIL CAMPAIGNE

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2008, 03:26 AM
Default Re: WE NEED AN OLIVE GARDEN & RED LOBSTER IN TV - Help with an EMAIL CAMPAIGNE

EVEN THOUGH RED LOBSTER AND OLIVE GARDEN ARE OWNED BY THE SAME COMPANY I FAVOR OLIVE GARDEN BY FAR. LETS GET ONE IN HERE. TIGER
Old 01-09-2008, 04:35 AM
Eternal Member
Default Re: WE NEED AN OLIVE GARDEN & RED LOBSTER IN TV - Help with an EMAIL CAMPAIGNE

This concept works for any restaurant or store in which you're interested. Almost all decent sized places have web site which you can easily find via google. Most of those sites have a "Contact Us" page which will include an email address. Send them a note telling them how much you miss their service/products/food and point out what a great opportunity they'd have here in TV. Use the form letter at the top or compose your own, but contrary to popular opinion, spelling does count if you want to be taken seriously. (That's why we have Spell Check on most email systems. :yikes

It's also a good idea to bring up the golf cart issue. Nobody outside of this area believes we really use them like we do. I can understand the desire for something on Hwy 42. I'd like everything to be on 466A since it's closest to me. The important thing, though, is to get them thinking of TV. If they go golf cart accessible, it would make Crossman and the developer happy, but even if they went into the new Lady Lake developments, it's a win for us. 040 040 040

Send a letter. A month or so down the road, send another letter. Have your friends and neighbors do likewise. And be sure to tell these people how great their store/restaurant is and how much you really, really, really miss it. :bow:
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 01-10-2008, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly1909
The Olive Tree in Ocala is close enough!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is an Olive Garden and Red Lobster in Leesburg. Both are too close for me.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:51 AM
Platinum member

Bone Fish Grill gets high praise, and when it opens later this year, it may satisfy your taste for seafood. Carrabba's is already in TV and is every bit as good, if not better, than Olive Garden. Of course Leesburg is not all that far. George
Old 01-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Veteran member

Let me second the love for Tim Horton's. Not only was he a Leaf, but his Sabres jersey #2 was retired and flies over the ice at HSBC Arena.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6
Let me second the love for Tim Horton's. Not only was he a Leaf, but his Sabres jersey #2 was retired and flies over the ice at HSBC Arena.
Tim Horton's was also very popular in MI. I really miss their banana nut muffins.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Veteran member

I linked this entire thread to an e-mail message I sent to the Olive Garden "contact us" address last night. We have to have an Olive Garden or my wife refuses to move here. :yikes:
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley
Old 02-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Veteran member

Here is the response I received from Olive Garden:

Thank you for visiting olivegarden.com.

We appreciate your desire to have an Olive Garden restaurant in your community. Thank you for the invitation. At this time, our expansion plans do not include locations in or near The Villages, FL. However, we are always looking for new sites for future expansion. Your suggestion will be shared with those responsible for site selection. In the meantime, please view our future location list on our web site at http://www.olivegarden.com/company/c...e_Olive_Garden

If Guest Relations can be of further assistance, please write us again through olivegarden.com (www.olivegarden.com/company/contact_us/ ) or call us at 1-800-331-2729. We look forward to serving you with Hospitaliano at any of our Olive Garden restaurants.

Andy
Olive Garden Guest Relations
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley
Old 02-21-2008, 06:07 PM

My Daughter has been a waitress @ Olive Garden In Naples,Fl. for four yrs,the lunch crowd is all soup & salad/a glass of water,they refill the salad bowls prior to leaving so they may take it home,same with the bread sticks,can you estimate the tip left to the server on a 5.95 meal?Why doesn't she change shifts you may ask...to spend the evenings with her husband.
The average age of this customer??you guessed it.TV age group.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by al96m
My Daughter has been a waitress @ Olive Garden In Naples,Fl. for four yrs,the lunch crowd is all soup & salad/a glass of water,they refill the salad bowls prior to leaving so they may take it home,same with the bread sticks,can you estimate the tip left to the server on a 5.95 meal?Why doesn't she change shifts you may ask...to spend the evenings with her husband.
The average age of this customer??you guessed it.TV age group.
al: Could it be possible that Olive Garden regional managers are aware of this old fart cheap skate "the world owes it to me" behavior and therefore consciously choose not to locate here?
Old 02-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Send a message via AIM to gregs238

A red lobster on 42 would be great!!! :bigthumbsup:
and a olive garden would be nice too
Old 02-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Sage

OK I'm not a connoisseur but really...

What is the fascination with OG? There has to be numerous restaurants in or near TV that have what OG can offer. I like OG but I could certainly live without it. Carrabbas is in TV and that is just as good IMHO. And I'm sure that other Italian restaurants exist or will be built.

Just my 2C
Old 02-29-2008, 04:28 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston
OK I'm not a connoisseur but really...

What is the fascination with OG? There has to be numerous restaurants in or near TV that have what OG can offer. I like OG but I could certainly live without it. Carrabbas is in TV and that is just as good IMHO. And I'm sure that other Italian restaurants exist or will be built.

Just my 2C
Carrabbas does not open until 3 PM and I like Olive Garden's menu and food.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Default Classy Olive Garden??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGER View Post
I AGREE, I ALWAYS LIKED THE OLIVE GARDEN. SEEMS LIKE A CLASS PLACE. HOPE WE GET ONE SOON.
Really don't see how anyone could possibly consider The Olive Garden a classy place. Plus their food is mediocre at best. I'm notsure I'd even cal it an Italian Resturant.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

OMG this thread is over 3 years old. ?????
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.