We're down to two

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2017, 03:55 AM
Email Reported As Spam

I am just grateful to God that I am still well enough and able to visit any restaurant, play on any golf course irrespective of whether the experience is good or bad. hence my priority isn't in whether the place is A+ rated, its just getting there. And when I am out and about its always water with lemon, please
Old 08-09-2017, 07:20 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
I'm sorry, but I have to question big time a review of any restaurant based on a single visit, especially one of exaggerated like or dislike.
My question right back to you would be, "Would YOU go back to a restaurant a second time if you found the food and service terrible on your first visit?"

Thank you.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:42 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I also do not care for Chefs of Napoli. Been there a few times and it was never very good. For off campus Italian I like Geo's deli and Big Bob's in Okalawaha for decent basic Italian. For really good Italian Little Italy Deli in Inverness is top north. But they only have dinner Friday and Saturday night, no menu and you need reservations several weeks in advance.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
My question right back to you would be, "Would YOU go back to a restaurant a second time if you found the food and service terrible on your first visit?"...
Gotta agree with ST on this one. Why would you go back to a restaurant if you disliked it a lot the first time?
Old 08-09-2017, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I am just grateful to God that I am still well enough and able to visit any restaurant, play on any golf course irrespective of whether the experience is good or bad. hence my priority isn't in whether the place is A+ rated, its just getting there. And when I am out and about its always water with lemon, please
Amen.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
My question right back to you would be, "Would YOU go back to a restaurant a second time if you found the food and service terrible on your first visit?"

Thank you.
But Ecuadog is talking about reviewing a restaurant. I wouldn't go back a second time if I didn't like it, but I wouldn't review it either, unless I gave it a few tries. The first time could have been an off night for some reason.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,020 Times in 453 Posts

Quote:
I have to disagree big time on .... I ate there last summer ONE time. Terrible food and terrible service... Disgusting!! ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
I'm sorry, but I have to question big time a review of any restaurant based on a single visit, especially one of exaggerated like or dislike.
Quote:

Thank you.
Probably not, but I wouldn't vilify the restaurant based on one visit.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:45 AM
Sage

We will never get any good restaurants--restaurants make their "real" money on beverages--the lemon & water crowd AKA the"the villages cocktail" crowd will guarantee that
Old 08-09-2017, 03:12 PM
Veteran member

I have learned that giving a new restaurant only one chance has been a frequent error of mine. There are a couple here in TV that if I had eliminated them because of my original bad experience I would now be missing a couple of my favorite spots. I now will try a new place at least three or four times. But then, of course we each have our respective levels of tolerance. Since I eat out twice daily I need as many options as I can find.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:47 AM

I like Mallory for lunch. No food service crap from there!

Old 08-10-2017, 10:16 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalGranny View Post
I like Mallory for lunch. No food service crap from there!
You must not have tried the chili.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I know of one couple, born in New York, who lived a long time in Seattle who then moved here and moved back to Seattle and the reason they gave is that they could not find restaurants that they enjoyed in The Villages.

I think I know the difference between mundane and spectacular when it comes to food, but every single person has different standards on judging excellence in food.

There used to be the five star restaurants that everyone knew was the epitome of wonderful and the prices were much more than a person with average income would pay very often. And then there were the awfully good ones that people would pay to visit once a month or so and then there are the decent restaurants where alcohol is served and the decent restaurants where alcohol is not served. Whether alcohol is part of your enjoyment of your dining experience is important and will affect the price of menu items.

Then there are the people who manage all of the restaurants and the people who work in all of them. Some people can take premade entrees and serve them well and accompany them with crisp, clean salads and well seasoned interesting vegetables and get them to the table hot and cold and are able to please enough people and keep them moving through enough to be a financial success when the business is excellent for four months out of the year and they must let go of help during the other eight months. It is a tricky business and it requires a lot of skill and a lot of hard work and a lot of hours if you are the person running it and staffing it. I don't think the pay is all that great either.

The Villages has an interesting mix of inhabitants, but I would say that most eat out more, some much more than they used to. Most everyone has planned for retirement and some people ended up with more "disposable" income than others. Some want to spend it on food, some on travel, some on their homes, some on leaving a legacy to their kids and some want to see that they spend their last dollar and their last breath on the same day.

I don't know whether any of this is right or wrong, or whether we can blame anything or anybody when the restaurants here don't measure up to our expectations. Water reaches it's own level, and businesses survive or fail based on whether they can gauge the customers wants and needs accurately. If a person is not happy with something and they cannot effect change, then they may have to go where they can get what they want.

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-10-2017 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
You must not have tried the chili.
I think so many of TV restaurants are really good. So you don't like Mallory's chili - could be a beans vs. no beans or spicy, not spicy thing ~ sometimes a particular dish is a matter of YOUR taste. I believe to knock a restaurant because of a single dish is wrong. I love Mallory's pizza but I stay away from a few other dishes that I wasn't too keen on.
And Toojays ~ so many items. I love many and a few I didn't like but all in all I'd give it a more positive than negative review.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:46 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangiaMangia View Post
I think so many of TV restaurants are really good. So you don't like Mallory's chili - could be a beans vs. no beans or spicy, not spicy thing ~ sometimes a particular dish is a matter of YOUR taste. I believe to knock a restaurant because of a single dish is wrong. I love Mallory's pizza but I stay away from a few other dishes that I wasn't too keen on.
And Toojays ~ so many items. I love many and a few I didn't like but all in all I'd give it a more positive than negative review.
You are taking my post out of context. I was responding to a poster saying Mallory doesn't serve food service crap. Their chili is low grade canned stuff. If I am wrong, I know a Mexican that can take a donkey and an onion and do better homemade.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:01 AM
Sage

The food at Mallory as always been good-- what turns us off is the "brightness of the interior-we also didn't like Bonifay for the same reason and when we found out Bonifay serves "food service" food we stopped going there--we don't patronize boil in the bag restaurants, by the way the scrambled eggs @ Evans Prairie come right out of a plastic bag/ per an ex-employee
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurants, frequent, menu, revised, cookies

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.