We're down to two

Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2017, 11:37 AM
Gold member
Default I totally agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
This forum is for the give and take of our opinions so even if one's opinions are obnoxious they are acceptable. I truly understand that. I don't drink so it's hard for me to identify with the timing thing. I would never give up a great restaurant for that reason, at least I think I wouldn't put other people's or my lovely wifes life at risk for a drink. There have been regular advertisements on television that advise to not drink and drive. I've seen on TOTV'S that many people drink and drive in The Villages. I also only drive a Regular Ford not an expensive tank. I wonder if two drinks were consumed during dinner 10 minutes from home and then there was an accident and when all was said and done it took 2 hours to be tested would the drinker be illegal. I dislike seeing anyone get hurt ever especially a homey. I have not hit a horrendous restaurant here yet. A couple bad meals but that's life. Take Care.
Whether you get caught is simply not the point.
I for one do not care if you get plastered and drive into a wall and kill yourself.
WHAT I DO OBJECT TO IS YOUR DRINKING, TEXTING, BSING
AND BY YOUR ACTION RISKING THE LIVES OF OTHERS.
Your life is yours. The life of others is not-TRULY IT IS SIMPLE.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:46 AM
Gold member
Default Totally agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
I would never accuse a person who I don't know of snobbery, but................ I will just take the original post as a discussion of the tastes and preferences of one poster.

Having lived in New Orleans for several years and having eaten at all of the most famous restaurants in that area, as well as traveling the world and dining with heads of state in many countries, I have learned to appreciate good food, good presentation, and good service.

Living in the northern part of the park, I tend to go most often to Nancy Lopez' and Arnold Palmer's. Perhaps the are not "world class" but they are most certainly quite good, and I enjoy dining at either place.

But, as I have recently mentioned on another thread, I like the food at TooJay's, which is great deli food. Sonny's BBQ is not fine dining, but there are times that it meets my need. I prefer a couple of BBQ places in Central Texas, but that is not an option these days.

In Tampa, my favorite, hands down, for Spanish Style food (not Tex-Mex) is the original Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City. It is presently being operated by the fourth generation of the same family, and the ambiance in this landmark restaurant is remarkable.

For steak in Tampa, Bern's Steakhouse in south Tampa has a reputation for fine food that stretches back over a half a century. They are located in a rambling old wooden structure comprised of many different rooms that are each quite different in decor. An after dinner tour of the kitchen and their extensive wine cellar can be arranged.

These are just a couple of suggestions for those who might find it interesting to venture beyond the bubble for a fine dining experience.

---------------------

On another subject, like Nucky, I don't drink. I never have. But over the course of my career I've locked up a lot of drunks. There have been others that I didn't lock up, but I waited at the scene until the coroner arrived to take them to the Morgue.

I don't claim to be a cockeyed optimist but, I try to see what is right rather then what is wrong.

Far too many posters just want to find something to bitch about.

TRULY, find something to ENJOY and try to respect the RIGHTS of those around you. The lack of manners around here is truly shocking to me.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:54 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suesiegel View Post
Whether you get caught is simply not the point.
I for one do not care if you get plastered and drive into a wall and kill yourself.
WHAT I DO OBJECT TO IS YOUR DRINKING, TEXTING, BSING
AND BY YOUR ACTION RISKING THE LIVES OF OTHERS.
Your life is yours. The life of others is not-TRULY IT IS SIMPLE.
Did you read the post? He said quite clearly he doesn't drink! You owe an apology.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Far too many posters seem to take any criticism of TOTV... very personal.

Even though their are a plethora of us who like most (say 90%) of the things about The Villages and have chosen to live here (even with many other choices in this country) until we croak (call us frogs )....we also occasionally point out those issues that we don't like about certain things here.

It continually amazes me at the anger making any negative comments about TV...seems to engender in some folks.

It's been said before, by many others, that there seems to be a concerted effort by some to muzzle and throw personal attacks...at those who may have less than a glowing comment about anything here.

I would suggest that those who are emotionally sensitive to ANY criticism of TV, regardless of the subject or overall importance, try to remember that we all have the right (within the site rules of course)...to express our personal viewpoints regarding TV.

BOTH good...and bad.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Has anybody been to Demshars?

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-10-2017 at 02:44 PM.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:12 PM
Veteran member

We ate in Demshars at Spanish Springs Monday and it was excellent. Great Prime Rib, good wine, and excellent service, even though it was crowded. On another occasion we had their pizza, and it was also very good.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
We ate in Demshars at Spanish Springs Monday and it was excellent. Great Prime Rib, good wine, and excellent service, even though it was crowded. On another occasion we had their pizza, and it was also very good.
We will go there soon and try it and if we don't like it we will come to this forum and complain.

All these evaluations of food and it all turns to...well you get my drift.

I bet I'll like it. That's how I rock.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:00 PM
TOTV Moderator

Happy to see the discussion return to local restaurants.

If you wish to discuss general internet and forum human nature and behavior, please start a new thread. Future off topic posts will be deleted.

Old 08-10-2017, 02:01 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

We are all so different, and yet we are all still valuable.

I just told my Bride I'm valuable.

She said, "Sure you are. Now finish vacuuming."

Got'a go.

(need to add this before it's deleted.....................i love all local eating spots. yum, yum)
((hope that works))

Last edited by dewilson58; 08-10-2017 at 02:03 PM. Reason: to please the moderator
Old 08-10-2017, 06:45 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,299 Times in 536 Posts

Nancy Lopez C.C. gets my vote for quality and service. We have not tried Demshar's but have it on our list. Before we give a restaurant a thumbs down, we feel obligated to give it a second chance. Growing up in a small town and living most of our working years in the Midwest we are perhaps more "Laid back" and easy to please when it comes to food and restaurants. Just saying.....
Old 08-10-2017, 07:12 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Nancy Lopez C.C. gets my vote for quality and service. We have not tried Demshar's but have it on our list. Before we give a restaurant a thumbs down, we feel obligated to give it a second chance. Growing up in a small town and living most of our working years in the Midwest we are perhaps more "Laid back" and easy to please when it comes to food and restaurants. Just saying.....
Great Post.

Laid back, easy to please, second chance...........great attributes.

There are great chef's all over this country (yes, internationally as well) and you don't have to be a New Yorker to judge food. I've enjoyed many-a-chef in each region of the USA. Everyone's tastes are different and everyone's opinions are different.

Old 08-10-2017, 07:24 PM
Eternal Member

We went to Demshars a couple of months ago. We had the special that night which was buy the stuffed pepper meal & get one free. It was very good. We really enjoyed it. We haven't been back since, but we do plan to. The food we saw getting served all looked good. We talked to the owners. Very nice people.

Tags
restaurants, frequent, menu, revised, cookies

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.