Westons Smoke House

Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Default Westons Smoke House

Yesterday we had lunch at Westons Smokehouse--Great Food, they just opened their doors--and to our surprise we found" A Real California Decorated Bistro"--
The owners are from Southern California "just like us" They are great people with a wonderful Resturant--just like we enjoy" Food was great--service great as well--We are going to try their prime rib tomorrow for dinner--soon they will have live entertainment--on the weekends--Tracy Smith plays guitar--he also owns Landscape Productions
Weston's Smokehouse
1210 N. Main Street--Wildwood--352-748-9378
Beer and wine is also served

Give them a try --you will be glad you did! Their BBQ sauce was greattttttt

Eddie and Susan
Old 03-15-2013, 08:46 PM

Went there tonight for dinner. Food was mediocre at best - still such a new place so I would wait a little while before checking it out. Let them work out the kinks. NOT worth the hefty prices they charged and the food was not so wonderful. The owners are VERY nice though....but that won't make the food better. Wouldn't go back.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:50 AM

I felt like the prices were ok, because the sandwich I had was HUGE. But, the sandwich flavor was just not "spot on".
Old 04-26-2013, 07:25 PM
Send a message via ICQ to SoccerCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicheleE View Post
Went there tonight for dinner. Food was mediocre at best - still such a new place so I would wait a little while before checking it out. Let them work out the kinks. NOT worth the hefty prices they charged and the food was not so wonderful. The owners are VERY nice though....but that won't make the food better. Wouldn't go back.
We were there for dinner tonight. Nice clean somewhat small place. Keep in mind everyone has an opinion, some nice, some harsh. We had the pulled pork sandwich and sides. It was great, moist, a nice flavor, hot, and service was quick. Be aware the lunch menu prices are less than evening, no problem. Owners are extremely pleasant and accomadating. Only been open 6 weeks, so they are progressing, nicely. We'll be back!
Old 04-27-2013, 04:25 AM
Default Weston Grand Opening ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerCoach View Post
We were there for dinner tonight. Nice clean somewhat small place. Keep in mind everyone has an opinion, some nice, some harsh. We had the pulled pork sandwich and sides. It was great, moist, a nice flavor, hot, and service was quick. Be aware the lunch menu prices are less than evening, no problem. Owners are extremely pleasant and accomadating. Only been open 6 weeks, so they are progressing, nicely. We'll be back!
We were at Westons 2 days ago and the owner said that an hour earlier they had just finished their Grand Opening with the local businessman. They must feel that they are ready. This was our 3rd visit since we liked the food previously. This time was different. The ribs were so dry that it was hard to cut the meet even with a knife. The wings were small and tough. Not what we expected at all. We were quite disappointed. We spoke to the owner as we left, and provided our constructive criticism. She just had a surprised look on her face. We will wait a couple of months before we try them again. Too bad... our previous 2 meals were awesome.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:39 PM

the worst meal any of the 4 of us have ever had.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by under55 View Post
the worst meal any of the 4 of us have ever had.
details?
Old 07-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Sage

Let me just say that there are three other BBQ places close by, all of which are much better than Weston's. IMHO.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 07-26-2013, 10:35 PM
Sage

I will stick to Oakwood for their ribs and to Sonny's for pulled pork.

Both are great places!
Old 07-27-2013, 11:50 AM
Gold member

We have gone there a couple of times and I must say the pork chop was absolutely delicious. We will definitely put them on our list of places to return to!
Old 04-02-2014, 02:03 PM
Smile Food And Prices Are Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicheleE View Post
As you mentioned at the strart any smoke house is going to have some issues, but those issues are worked out quickly. TWestons is a great place to eat, you should try them once more, they just made it past their year open and are doing well. I like the food, taste, look and smell as well as talking with the owners most days or nights I eat there.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:58 PM
Sage

Went to Westons for a fly by sort of visit. Had a delicious bean soup for $3 and brought home a pound of pulled port for $12. Loved the bbq sauce and soup highly flavored with garlic and I think, cilantro. Beautiful, quiet ambience. Have a table for 20 already set up.
Located on 301 just north of the bridge that must go over the train tracks...North from 44 or 466a (take 462 north from 466a during construction) , south on 301 from 466.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Located on 301 just north of the bridge that must go over the train tracks...North from 44 or 466a (take 462 north from 466a during construction) , south on 301 from 466.
It's on 301, SOUTH of the railroad overpass - T Weston's Smokehouse, 1210 N Main St, Wildwood.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:22 AM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Went to Westons for a fly by sort of visit. Had a delicious bean soup for $3 and brought home a pound of pulled port for $12. Loved the bbq sauce and soup highly flavored with garlic and I think, cilantro. Beautiful, quiet ambience. Have a table for 20 already set up.
Kitty how was the Pulled Pork? That's one of my husbands favorites,we'll have to give then a try! Thanks for the review!
Old 05-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhdleo View Post
Kitty how was the Pulled Pork? That's one of my husbands favorites,we'll have to give then a try! Thanks for the review!
I don't eat it often enough to judge. I was impressed that the place has been open a year, belongs to a local couple, and has won numerous county awards for their bbq. i'll bet that's not an easy contest to win around here.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.