Customer Service

Closed Thread
Old 09-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Default Customer Service

IS it JUST ME or is it really hard to find good customer service anymore. I mean I used to be a waitress and not bragging but I was darn good and the customer always came first, was always right, and was the first priority (not the NEXT customer, the current customer you were WAITING on). It seems for some reason people have forgotten this in the past years. I will STOP going to a restaurant if I cannot get good service.(I give them several chances) Does anyone else feel this way too?
Old 09-02-2007, 06:50 AM
Founder
Default Re: Customer Service

MKD

You are absolutely right. Customer service is a thing of the past. It no longer exists in department stores, mega home centers, auto dealerships, service departments and some restaurants. Service is so rare that when you do get it, it jumps out as being unusual. If somebody tells you that they will "check on it" and call you, or "order it" and call you, you count on the fact that you will get no call. There are, or course, exceptions, that that's sad. It should be the rule and not the exception.

When you go up to the frozen north (Northern Maine, Northern Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota) customer service is still alive and well.

JLK
Old 09-02-2007, 07:47 AM

As I'm still working for a major intl bank (the 'worlds local bank' that happens to have hsbc in it;s name!!), I do know we spend alot of time trying to distinguish ourselves from all the others. The bank has an SVP whose sole job function is to focus on customer service... we try but I'm sure sometimes miss the mark. We do understand that customer service is at the top of the list in retaining customers and acquiring new ones. CS is the tiebreaker in alot of cases . While I'm on my soapbox, check out our online products. We've had alot of success with the online savings product - no mins, totally liquid and the highest rate inthe USA (better than ING)...I should know as I manage the systems behind it and am a customer myself!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 08:58 AM

I find some servers employ a particular annoying habit. When I attempt to pay the bill with cash, they ask, "do you want change?"...

If there is change do me I want it. Then I'll deal with an appropriate tip.

What up with the practice of asking if one wants change? :dontknow:
Old 09-02-2007, 09:35 AM

If you want to experience excellent customer service ask for Linda in Belk's (Spanish Springs) men's clothing department. I usually have my wife pretty much select and match my clothes but after our experience with Linda, my wife said she will turn me over to her in the future. I know I will continue to go to her in the future. :bow: :bow:
Old 09-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Platinum member

You should have been at our house yesterday when the satellite guy came to upgrade our system for HDTV. What a piece of work. (Sorry Handie) Not only did I fillout the comment card but I e-mailed the company also. Contractor for installations is different than the satellite company.

Steve
Old 09-02-2007, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16 1UB
You should have been at our house yesterday when the satellite guy came to upgrade our system for HDTV. What a piece of work. (Sorry Handie) Not only did I fillout the comment card but I e-mailed the company also. Contractor for installations is different than the satellite company.

Steve
Is it an easy install...
Old 09-02-2007, 10:47 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG
Is it an easy install...
It may be easy if you have the equipment but I had to have a new dish installed. He removed the old one and I found it on the ground next to my driveway. He also changed the receiver box. "Oh BTW sir I placed your old dish antenna here...." Guess I was expecting too much. But he did tell me that he spent 47K on a new F-150. Did not mention staying in a Holiday Inn Express last night though.

Steve
Old 10-26-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank2 View Post
I find some servers employ a particular annoying habit. When I attempt to pay the bill with cash, they ask, "do you want change?"...

Quote:

@ FRANK2! In regards to your comment I have served tables before. Just to inform you on why they ask you if you would like change, 1: waitresses are busy, 9 out of 10 times they never look to see how much your bill is or to see how much you have in a little black book. 2: it's common courtesy some people don't need change back so to eliminate having to run back in forth to get you change it's good to know if you can just say have a good day or I will be right back with your change. Anything that can help us is great because I tell you I run my little tush off ALOT of back and forth it just makes it a little easier on us.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Sage

5+ year old thread. Not sure if you'll hear back from any of the prior posters...........

Bill
Old 10-26-2012, 08:10 PM

@bill-n-Brillo Haha that's funny I didn't even realize that!!!! I feel STUPID!!!!!! Got a good laugh though
Old 10-26-2012, 08:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
5+ year old thread. Not sure if you'll hear back from any of the prior posters...........

Bill
Still, some things never change....

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:23 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post

Bill
I'm surprised Bill!!! I thought you would pass the Pop Corn!!!!
Old 10-27-2012, 09:58 AM
Sage

Don't blame me, folks! PaPaLarry asked for some.............

Bill
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.