What is your favorite restaurant in the whole world?

Closed Thread
Old 12-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Taltarzac
Default re: What is your favorite restaurant in the whole world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston
TAL - I just meant that WI is not on my '100 places to visit before i die' list. No offense to WI natives :joke:
If I had not been born in Wisconsin, I do not think it would be on mine either. Only went to the U of MN Law School because I did well on the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT) in 1982 (around the 90th percentile rank), but did not want to take it again when I applied to various law schools with a 4 year old LSAT score in 1986. I did like the blonde woman on the U of MN Law School catalog though.

Only a few law schools were taking scores that old-- 4 years-- so my choices were limited.

Had gone to BYU Law School in 1982 as a non-Mormon on a Scholarship but dropped out after ten days or so because I was rooming with recent convert to Mormonism who had targeted me as his next victory. You needed BYU approval for where you lived as they have or had a very strict code of personal conduct from BYU attendees that covered how people led their life.

I knew what I was getting into in 1982 but did not factor in the Puerto Rican dancer recent convert roommate nor the cross-hairs on my back from Mormon girls looking for Mr. Right Now in Law School at BYU. :joke:

Did not smoke, drink, etc. so that was not that much of a problem.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:11 PM

Bogey Golfer:
I've been to both of them and I agree that they're both good places. Weathervane is a regional chain--we always find one within reach when we spend time in northern New England.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:03 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd
My kitchen. I have yet to find a restaurant that good. Many I like quite a bit but none as good as I cook. Several I like in Tuscany, Nero Vivo in Kuala Lumpur is excellent, there pumpkin ravioli in sage lemon butter is to die for, In Seal Beach CA, Walt’s Wharf caramelized Salmon and Patty’s place the rack of lamb. In Boston North end, many great Italian and also lots of good seafood places. In Vienna VA, Cafe Renaissance is the best, and in Farnham in the UK, Cafe Vienna is really good. In almost anyplace in the world you can find really good food. For great food, I stay home and cook
And you're inviting us over to try your food when? (What can I say? I hate to cook but love to eat.)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-19-2007, 04:38 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the great fumar
Duke's in Waikiki is an Outstanding restarant and believe it or not so is the Elk's Club on Diamondhead st. However one of the very best is the Halekalani also in Waikiki and You can either buy a Rolex or go there and eat,...I chose the Rolex............

;D ;D ;D ;D :#1:
The one in the Halekulani Hotel (its name is La Mer) is my favorite too, as I mentioned above... Regarding the prices, my children gave us a $250 gift card for the restaurant (our 25th anniversary), and I had to ADD $50 to the card to pay the check. It was just my wife and I, and we each had a reasonably priced 1/2 bottle of wine. But it was really worth it for the special occasion - you'll never forget it!

Here's a picture of the table we sat at (from their website)

The Villages Florida
Old 01-12-2008, 10:18 AM

The Angus Barn in Raleigh,N.C. (food, sevice)

Cuomo's in Niagra Falls (Italian)

Old 01-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

doug11..

Have to agree on both of those. Also the Oben Inn at Niagara on the Lake. But the Angus Barn its the wine list much more then the food. I had the wine cellar tour there, and it is impressive. Over 20,000 bottles when I was there and the food is also good, but its still just a really good steak house. Another one I like is Roy's at the Spanish Bay Inn in Monteray CA. Very unique and different food and great presentation.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

[b]
Mrs. Wilkes Boarding House in Savannah, Georgia!

If you want some great authentic Southern cooking in a warm and friendly place (not fancy by any means), this is the place to go. It is located in the basement of an 1870s brick building and a little hard to find since they don't advertise much (don't need to). We arrived about an hour before opening and there was already a block long line waiting down the sidewalk. We were seated at open tables with others (a great way to meet new people). The food was brought out in bowls and on platters (no menus...everyone gets whatever is cooked that day) and we passed the food around the table as if we were at a big family gathering. When we were done, we took our dishes to the kitchen (wish I could get my own family to do that... :). This eatery is an experience, not just a meal!

Donna, Carnegie Deli in NYC has some of the best sandwiches. My 2nd choice for a terrific sandwich is the Central Grocery in New Orleans for the best Muffaletta! YUM!
Old 01-15-2008, 09:23 PM

MACARONI GRILL!!!! Too bad we don't have one anywheres near here.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:46 PM
Veteran member

Squid Row in Islamorada, Florida. Fish during the day and catch grouper, yellowtail and mahi-mahi. Be sure to ice the fish down immediately. Then, take your catch to Squid Row where they will prepare your hours old catch. Choose Fried. Coconut Fried, St. Croix, Almondine, Blackened or Meuniere. We like to go with the crew and do some of each of the above. We give the chef more fish than we can eat and tell him to prepare what he feels will serve the crew and keep the rest. You will have wonderful meal you cannot finish. There is nothing like out of the ocean and into the kitchen seafood prepared by a chef who appreciates the catch.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:51 PM
Veteran member

My favorite is the Three Birds Cafe on Market Street in Corning, NY. Let me not fail to mention the Cafe du Monde in New Orleans and the food at Frontier Field in Rochester, NY. It is the best ball park food by far.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Veteran member

I can't believe someone posted Cortese's in Binghamton...one of my favorite places. I had to spend a LOT of time in Endicott/Binghamton in the early to mid-90's. Cortese's was one of my very favorite places...always a place to take someone else who had to go to Endicott.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 01-26-2008, 11:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdraig
I can't believe someone posted Cortese's in Binghamton...one of my favorite places. I had to spend a LOT of time in Endicott/Binghamton in the early to mid-90's. Cortese's was one of my very favorite places...always a place to take someone else who had to go to Endicott.
That would be me and its still every bit as good as it was in the 90's!The steak melanaise is to die for as well as all their other Italian dishes. Hope you get the opportunity to come this way again and enjoy Cortese's once again! wav

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:08 AM
Sage

Like eating lunch in heaven:

Outdoor terrace of the Cielo Restaurant at the Ventana Inn, Big Sur, CA

http://www.ventanainn.com/

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 02-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Gold member

My all time favorite is called Rainbow , on the island of St. Martin (french side)in the village of Grand Case. On the beach, the dining room has shutters that open to let the evening breeze in off the Caribbean Sea. Ambience, great wines, outstanding french cuisine, and exception service. All I have to do is close my eyes and I can smell the sea, the island and the food. It is a real dining experience :#1: :#1:
Old 02-06-2008, 12:25 AM
Gold member

:2cool: We have been lucky enough to travel to a lot of different countries and areas in this old world. Best brunch was the Peninsula Hotel in Hong Kong and dinner was the Seven Glaciers at Alyeaska in Anchorage Alaska.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.