What is your favorite restaurant in the whole world?

Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2013, 02:28 PM

Mastoris Diner in Bordentown New Jersey.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:34 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

My new favorite: Narcoosee's at the Floridian Resort Disneyworld.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Sage

Wherever my son is executive chef. Great food, and parents don't have to pay.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonga View Post
Mastoris Diner in Bordentown New Jersey.
The rolls at Mastori's are wonderful, no denying that.
Donna, Carnegie Delie love the corned beef, brightspot01, I used to love the Muffalettas there but last time we were there they were so skimpy on the olive salad that they really let me down. The line was waay down the street, premade sandwiches and not done as well as usual. Not sure if I'm giving them another chance or they have lost their touch.
Rokinronda, I soo agree with you! would drive hours or plan a vacation around good, REAL Ipswich (belly) clams. LOVE them so much they could be my last meal on earth.
For an all around restaurant I would have to go with Mr.B's in New Orleans. Everything we have ever had there has been fantastic (also good bread). Fantastic soup (eggplant parm, turtle, gumbo ya ya, seafood gumbo), barbequed shrimp, white chocolate brownie, bread pudding. Yikes, this thread is making me so hungry I can't stand it.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:34 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

To many to list and a lot depends on the type of food. Like Ray's Boathouse in Seattle for Seafood is tough to beat. Bern's Steak House in Tampa is great for Steaks. For overall general dining my favorite is Cafe Renaissance in Vienna VA. Outside the US, there a couple local places in Tuscany that are to die for food, Nero Nuvo in Kuala Lumpur is tough to beat. And for my last meal, sitting at a any one of many side walk cafe's on the Champs Elysees having a great meal and people watching.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:26 PM
Veteran member

Maggiano's..Downtown Chicago. Italian food that I would give up military secrets for (if I knew any!!) Afterwards a 10 layer chocolate cake. Oh Lord!!
Old 04-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The Villages Florida

Box Hill Crab Cakes & Pizza in Abingdon, Maryland. It's about a mile west of I-95 at the Route 24 Bel Air Exit, that's about 13 miles before the Baltimore Beltway going south. They have the best cheese steaks anywhere, the best crab cakes in Maryland and very good pizza. The place is a goldmine, it's dining room only holds about 100 people and it's packed for lunch and dinner everyday. I lived from 1998 to 2011 about two blocks away, so I miss that place alot.

The Villages Florida
Old 04-21-2013, 05:28 PM

Best meals:
Alaska trip with freshly caught salmon cooked over alder wood with a basing of brown sugar, lemon, and butter. WOW!

Patty's Plantation in the SW corner of Kentucky. Best pork chop ever!

Had a great steak at Ruth Crist's in PA.

Breakfast has to be the Red Cottage in Dennis (Cape Cod), MA
and the Black Dog on Nantucket.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:06 PM
Veteran member

Little Palm Island in the Florida Keys. Spectacular view, our table was on the beach, wonderful presentation, service is great, same wait person from the time you get off the boat, followed us from the bar, to our meal table to our desert around the fire pit. We have been twice, the food has been awesome.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
The Bronx, NY has it's own Little Italy -- Arthur Avenue. There is a place there with no menus, no credit cards, and you get seated at formica tables with other people. The waiter kind of tells you what you want and it is always fantastic. Stuffed peppers the size of cantaloupes. The bill is always a surprise but always reasonable. Just don't go when the Yankees have a home game -- it isn't far from the Stadium and between players and fans it could be mobbed.
I remember the first time someone took me to Arthur Ave. All around were areas of the Bronx that looked very dangerous, but Arthur Ave was an oasis of peace. I wonder why? Great places for great Italian food.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:47 PM
Sage

At the Cedar Key Art Fest last spring the local Lions Club was selling food in the city park overlooking the Gulf. The Crab Boil was served in a fish net and outstanding and only $7.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 04-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Sage

Shorty's in Miami.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:22 PM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts

Indian Creek Yacht and Country Club, Kilmarnock, VA. Chesapeake Bay
Old 04-21-2013, 07:38 PM
Veteran member

The Number-5. 33 South Washington Street in Binghamton, NY.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Location: Polo Ridge TV via New Hampshire, Isles of Shoals, Maryland and Massachusetts

Can't pick just one. Locally (until we move to TV next year) White Barn Inn in Kennebunkport, ME. Beautiful setting, fabulous service & food and you feel totally spoiled! In Europe - a great restaurant in Venice - don't recall the name, but amazing food and service. And lastly - had the great pleasure of dining at Paladar La Guarida in Havana, Cuba last summer. Our choral group traveled to Cuba - an amazing experience!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.