What is your favorite restaurant in the whole world?

Closed Thread
Old 08-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Eternal Member
Default re: What is your favorite restaurant in the whole world?

My all time favorite meal was at La Mer in the Halekalani Hotel in Waikiki. Great view of the Pacific from our window-side table, the best food I've ever had, and service better than I'd ever imagined. They actually called us by name! As in "Mr A..., with your tuna I'd recommend the 1989 Pinot Grigiot" or something like that. Dessert for my wife was a cake of some sort with a chochalate net above it. They took a bowl, drizzled some kind of "Magic Shell" over it, removed the bowl, and what was left was an edible chocholate net covering the plate! It was great!
I've eaten in Peter Luger's, the River Cafe and the California Grille (all mentioned above) and agree all will provide a memorable meal. My wife ordered steak well done in Luger's and the waiter summarized our order as: "So that will be 3 orders of steak and one of shoe leather". Talk about a New York attitude. My favorite NY Steak house though is Frankie & Johnnie's on Broadway around 48th st in the theater district.

Old 09-02-2007, 04:31 PM

The 'Weather Vane" restaurant in Kittery, Maine, for seafood and Skyline Chili in Cincinnati. :#1:
Old 09-03-2007, 09:18 AM

For breakfast, there are two that come to my mind instantly.
1) Lou Mitchell's in downtown Chicago....
2) Walker Brothers in the northwest suburbs of Chicago.

For lunch, nothing can beat a good old fashioned Chicago style hot dog....usually at one of the train stations in Chicago.

For dinner, and I've had some very good meals all over the country, but I find Lopez here in TV as having the best food and service.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:51 AM

I have two favorites. The first is the Potted Steer at Lake of the Ozarks and the second is Joe's Stone Crab at Miami Beach. However I do agree with several of the entries above, especially Skyline Chili in Cincinnati.
South Amboy, NJ
St. Louis, MO
St. Charles, MO
Lake of the Ozarks, MO

"What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about"?
Old 09-03-2007, 10:01 AM

KennyB have you ever eaten at Retro Bistro in Schaumburg?
South Amboy, NJ
St. Louis, MO
St. Charles, MO
Lake of the Ozarks, MO

"What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about"?
Old 09-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Sage

John Ash - Santa Rosa, CA

http://www.vintnersinn.com/dining/johnash.asp
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 09-03-2007, 02:15 PM

Irish Rover, I can't say that I've had the pleasure of eating there.
Where is it located?
Old 09-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca
I may have eaten here at John Ash. How long has this been open? We moved from the Santa Rosa area in 1995 to Palm Harbor and then to the Villages in 2005. I remember a fancy restuarant that we sometimes went in this area of Santa Rosa but cannot recall that much more about it. The food was good. Maybe, this is a different place? We have not been back to that area since 1995.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Sage

I don't know how long is has been open - first started going there about 5 years ago. It is off of River Road right next to 101; in a vineyard - no other businesses in the area.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 09-04-2007, 07:30 AM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca
I don't know how long is has been open - first started going there about 5 years ago. It is off of River Road right next to 101; in a vineyard - no other businesses in the area.
Thank for the reply. I think the place we went to was on the northeastern side of Santa Rosa.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:49 PM

Santa Cruz Califonria, on the warf.. Mom and Pop place serving SHARK VERA CRUZ .... Gilled Shark on a bed of Black beans and rice with melted cheese on top.. Just want to grind it up and inject it into your arm WOW.... :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:
Old 09-24-2007, 06:55 PM

The Bronx, NY has it's own Little Italy -- Arthur Avenue. There is a place there with no menus, no credit cards, and you get seated at formica tables with other people. The waiter kind of tells you what you want and it is always fantastic. Stuffed peppers the size of cantaloupes. The bill is always a surprise but always reasonable. Just don't go when the Yankees have a home game -- it isn't far from the Stadium and between players and fans it could be mobbed.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Sage

There was an Italian restaurant in Metairie, LA (before Katrina) that was in a residential area, the place had no sign out front and looked like another house (i believe the place was connected), that had a house special called "Feed Me". After about three hours they had to put you in a wheel barrow and haul you to your car.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

For breakfast .. The Alta Mira in Sausalito, CA. The eggs benedict are to die for.

For lunch ... Elani's in Pleasant Hill, CA for gyros. A Greek couple owns it. They spoil you rotten and the gyros are the best ever!!!!

For dinner .. Le Meditteraine (sp) in Paris. I don't remember the pre-desert courses at all, but desert was a chocolate mousse in a nice, large cooled crock. It was too die for!

Whenever I entertained in the City, I always took groups of 6 or more to Cafe Sport in North Beach. Love the atmosphere and the food is soooo good.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-18-2007, 08:28 AM
Sage

oUR VERY VERY FAVORITE IN THE WORLD IS "CORTESE" IN BINGHAMTON, N.Y.
BEST ITALIAN AND STEAKS EVER AND HUGE PORTIONS. A LONG TIME LANDMARK IN BINGHAMTON, ANYONE EVER BEEN THERE????? :#1:

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.