Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   What is your favorite restaurant in the whole world? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/what-your-favorite-restaurant-whole-world-8398/)

nONIE 10-18-2007 10:38 AM

re: What is your favorite restaurant in the whole world?

Hi Kennyb, :agree:

Ill definitely agree with you on the Chicago hot dog! Nothing like them ANYWHERE!

Sometimes I just long for a Chicago hotdog but its a little too far to go for one!

Donna 10-18-2007 12:02 PM

Carnegie Deli..NYC :bigthumbsup:

Hyacinth Bucket 10-19-2007 04:13 PM

Hi Nonie,

We have eaten in CORTESE. Agree it is good.

I think what I like the best - having coffee (good coffee) served to me in bed.

Hyacinth Bucket

Irish Rover 10-19-2007 10:26 PM

KennyB - sorry it took so long to get back to you but I've had some trouble getting on this site. Retro Bistro is in Shaumburg. Terrific French bistro food and with the Nuevo Beaujolais coming out next month, they will have some special nights there. Very intimate and reasonably priced. Give it a go. :2cool:

Irish Rover 10-19-2007 10:35 PM

One more to add to the list. Has anyone eaten at Jeff Ruby's Steak House in downtown Cincinnati? Great spot. :2cool:

The Great Fumar 11-02-2007 12:14 AM

Duke's in Waikiki is an Outstanding restarant and believe it or not so is the Elk's Club on Diamondhead st. However one of the very best is the Halekalani also in Waikiki and You can either buy a Rolex or go there and eat,...I chose the Rolex............

;D ;D ;D ;D :#1:

SteveZ 11-06-2007 07:57 PM

Any one of the hot dog vendors within Fenway Park, Camden Yards and PNC Park between the second and sixth innings....

jimmali 11-30-2007 05:38 AM

Schwarz's Supper Club-- St. anna,WI. If you are a meat eater-you simply can walk to cooler and pick your steak. Size from about 8 oz. to about 3 pounds. Out in the middle of BFE. When you are close in --you wonder why 300 cars are all parked in the middle of nowhere. There is no other Steak house (with a wide menu for non-steak eaters) anywhere else I have ever been. Of course, I have only been past the fence at the edge of the farm a few times.

Russ_Boston 12-04-2007 01:47 PM

Next time I'm crusing past St. Anna I'll be sure to give it a try. :joke:

Taltarzac 12-04-2007 02:19 PM

They are online. http://www.schwarzsupperclub.com/

Checked for working link August 31, 2008.

Russ_Boston 12-05-2007 06:08 PM

TAL - Online is the only way I'll be anywhere near WI :joke:

l2ridehd 12-06-2007 04:03 PM

My kitchen. I have yet to find a restaurant that good. Many I like quite a bit but none as good as I cook. Several I like in Tuscany, Nero Vivo in Kuala Lumpur is excellent, there pumpkin ravioli in sage lemon butter is to die for, In Seal Beach CA, Walt’s Wharf caramelized Salmon and Patty’s place the rack of lamb. In Boston North end, many great Italian and also lots of good seafood places. In Vienna VA, Cafe Renaissance is the best, and in Farnham in the UK, Cafe Vienna is really good. In almost anyplace in the world you can find really good food. For great food, I stay home and cook

chelsea24 12-10-2007 06:53 AM

My husband and I love to travel, so we've been to many of the restaurants you've named and loved them all. But the one that is head and shoulders above all for me is the Ocean Club on Paradise Island, Nassau. You sit outside in a long kind of courtyard, the ceiling is the stunning star filled sky over the Caribbean, the flickering candles make everything glow, the music is a live combo, soft lovely music, the long aqua reflecting pool adds to the romance. And as if that wasn't enough, the food is to die for. I truly believe it's the most perfect restaurant I've ever been to. Then slip off your shoes and go for a long romantic walk on the beach. Great for re-charging your marriage! lol. :beer3:

Taltarzac 12-10-2007 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ_Boston
TAL - Online is the only way I'll be anywhere near WI :joke:

I would think that Boston gets just as cold as Wisconsin? I might have been to that restaurant-- Schwarz's Supper Club-- if it had been open in the 1960s?

Did not travel around all that much when I lived in MN from mid-1986 through late 1991. Trips to some sights in WI with former native WI girlfriend but never got to Schwarz's Supper Club.

Russ_Boston 12-10-2007 07:40 PM

TAL - I just meant that WI is not on my '100 places to visit before i die' list. No offense to WI natives :joke: