What is your favorite restaurant in the whole world?

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2007, 07:11 AM
Founder
Default What is your favorite restaurant in the whole world?

We talk lots here about local restaurants. What is your favorite restaurant in the whole world?
Mine happens to be an Armenian restaurant in Moscow. I have been there on numerous occasions and am always impressed with the food, atmosphere and culture. I have been in the kitchen and there are at least 15 people, from Grandma and Grandpa to grand son and everybody in between.

How about your favorite restaurant memory!
Old 04-21-2007, 08:47 PM
Veteran member
Default re: What is your favorite restaurant in the whole world?

In Valparaiso, Indiana, is the Strongbow Turkey Inn. They've been in business over 50 years and as their name implies, the prime choice is turkey served many ways. Now hosted by the third generation, their menu has evolved and they offer more choices. They also opened a bakery on the premises. We never had a bad meal there and surely do miss one of our favorite restaurants. You can find their famous turkey pot pie in the local groceries. Oh how I wish we had them down here.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to kregski

have been to strongbow..a northwest indiana classic. but geez marianne237 how can you compare strongbow to white castle,,love them sliders lol....
Old 08-26-2007, 10:35 PM
Veteran member

I can't list just one, I have to give two answers. The best meal I've ever had was at Walt Disney World's California Grille (on top of the Contemporary Resort). My other favorite restaurant was in Wales, at a 16th Century castle/villa where I stayed, named (and I'm certain I'm butchering the spelling) Faenl Fawle.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Gold member

My favorite is Bonge,s Tavern about 25 miles NE of Indianapolis in Perkinsville IN. It is a destination restarant. Most of the time people are tailgating as they wait to get in. You tell the hostess what parking place you are in and they come and get you. They allow you to bring your own cooler and snacks for while you are waiting. I have been there on a Saturday night at 5:45 and the parking lot is full and they are done taking names as they are full for the night. I have waited (party-ed) for over 2 hours to get in. Take a look!!! http://www.bongestavern.com/
Old 08-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Veteran member

I think my overall favorite is a place called "Les Sebillion" in Paris just off the Champs Elysee near the Palais de Congress. I went through a period when I was in Paris on business four to six times annually for a ten year period. This place served Leg of Lamb in copper pots on a bed of white beans. Over time, I could walk into the restaurant, be warmly welcomed, given my little booth for 2 even though I was only always one, sit back, relax, and chill. They brought me my lamb, white beans, salad after dinner, and a bottle of St Emilion Bourdeaux. Dinner was never any more than $35.00 US plus tip. I LOVED to have dinner and take a walk down the Champs after a tough day at the Office.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 08-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member

THE WIALANA COFFEE SHOP IN WIAKIKI............FIRST PLACE I HEAD FOR TO GET MAHI MAHI................
Old 08-27-2007, 09:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default The River Cafe...Under The Brooklyn Bridge Across From Manhattan

I've eaten in a lot of fancy and high-priced restaurants during my 25 years in commercial banking. But none was as memorable as dinner at The River Cafe. The restaurant is on a barge that floats right under the Brooklyn Bridge. It's address is 1 Water Street, Brooklyn. The window tables are highly sought after as you sit and view the lights of lower Manahattan and East River boat traffic as you enjoy their magnificent food. Their signature desert is a scale model of The Brooklyn Bridge, made entirely of chocolate. Unbelievable!

My sister used to live not far from there in Park Slope, Brooklyn. While she's now moved to Delaware, she's chosen the River Cafe for a rehearsal dinner for her daughter, our niece, before her wedding next January. I can't wait!

See the menu and photo gallery at the restaurant website at http://www.rivercafe.com/
Old 08-27-2007, 09:48 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: What is your favorite restaurant in the whole world?

Have not been to that many places outside of the US, but, so far, the view from the Cliff House in San Francisco is probably my most memorable dining experience. http://www.cliffhouse.com/history/history.htm http://www.cliffhouse.com/ The food is good too but it is the view of the ocean which really comes to mind.

Another neat experience dining was on a train in the Stillwater area of Minnesota. This is the Zephyr Dinner Train http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...tillwater.html http://www.onthelake.net/excursions/stillwater.htm.

Checked links August 31, 2008.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:52 AM
Platinum member

Our dinners on the Queen Mary 2.
Tampa, FL
Old 08-28-2007, 07:10 AM
Veteran member

Kahuna:

I too have had a couple of great business dinners @ River Cafe and would agree the food is awesome and the view is over the top. Thank goodness for expense accounts. Everyone that complains about the high restaurants prices in TV should eat there once and they would never complain again!!
Food, service and view is well worth the price. Never had the Brooklyn Bridge desert but saw it being served @ the next table. It looked decadent and an answer to a chocoholics prayer.

Viet Nam
CT
TV
Old 08-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Platinum member

Prarie Schooner in Ogden Utah. Best dahm steaks anywhere.

Steve
Old 08-28-2007, 06:51 PM

Osh - if you've been hanging in Bklyn, you must have stopped in 'Peter Lugars Steakhouse' under the Williamsburg Bridge? Steaks are super and their home fires something to die for. PL also has a restuarant in Great Neck Queens but the Bklyn location is the 'original' - wood planked tables, turn of the century interior, and 'scruffy' old waiters who will tell you what you're gonna eat (steak, fries, creamed spinach)...
Old 08-28-2007, 11:23 PM

If I had to pick just one, it would have to be The Sardine Factory - in Monterey California. Fantastic food and amazing service - great wine list in all price ranges.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:57 AM

Well, I've always said that my favorite place is Bob Chinn's Crab House in Wheeling, Illinois. We've gone there for many years. It's a little ways away since it's up north and we're now a lot further south. But so well worth the trip. I've always ordered the Louisiana Blue Crab Claws - but one day when they were out, I had to make another choice - and now I'm hooked! Kona Crab does it. Thin shells, sweet meat. Ahhhh - heaven.

For those who aren't into the best fresh seafood in the country, try their other delights. There is no bad choice here. Trust me. Take a look at this menu! Wish they'd come to The Villages! www.bobchinns.com - they do ship orders, I'm lookin' into that for when I'm in TV this winter!

While the prices are a tad pricey, the food is always fresh and the bills of lading are posted at the front door if you'ld like to check. And despite the many attemps at knock off competition, just like Elvis; Bob Chins remains the King! The food is very good for the type of volume that this place has. I'm told that it is one of the highest grossing restaurants in the Midwest if not the whole USA.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.